Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

What's keeps standing out is this comment from Tk3

On 4/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, Tk3 said:

I think @The Orca is correct though

Nacho recognized that I dropped a protown suggestion, and he was maybe a little too quick to praise it and cozy up

Hes my biggest read at the moment

He makes this comment but never really stuck with Nacho. He slyly moved his vote off onto me, then pushed Forge, pit his vote on Foege when things started getting hot on Nacho, then tried to say his vote on Naz was to see what happens. I think it was all a clever way to try and get someone not named Nacho lynched

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

So here's my slight issue with TK3, and I'd love to get people's thoughts on it, including yours. I don't know TK at all. He wasn't super active in Criminal Minds, been much more active here, but I don't know if that means anything, so I could be way off base. 

I'm torn between understanding the logic for what TK3 was trying to do early on, and fully believing the logic. 

So early on, Nacho paints TK3 town. Sort of weird given what we know now, but at the same time, I don't want to put too much stock in it because that could have just been Nacho trying to appear to be in favor of town. TK's first vote on Nacho wasn't really anything - Naz (and counselor) made comments regarding the split vote, counselor mentioned how scum would want to do that, and after Naz's comment, TK3 basically said he'd bite and voted Nacho. It was the second vote on Nacho and nobody else had 1. 

Then on two separate occasions, TK basically said that Nacho was his first read as scum. 

So we have him basically saying that Nacho is his #1 read, that we are not both scum. 

But then later, he puts the 4th vote on me before the hammer and says let's hammer someone. That someone in this case being me, since I'm the one with 4 vote. At this point, 3 people haven't voted I believe, Naz, Counselor and Whick. His explanation makes a degree of sense - he's willing to bet that 1 of those is mafia. So he's thinking, sacrifice three town for 1 mafia and the numbers are 3:2 after that, right? So 40% chance of winning the next day. Risky in my opinion, and slightly bizarre given that his number one read is among those people and it could have been 4-0 with all town getting killed but I do get the logic behind it. 

But then later, when he has a chance to throw down the hammer with Nacho, he doesn't do it. At this point, only Whick hasn't voted. He states that he didn't want to lose Whick because he thought he was town, but this seems weird. Nacho is his top read, and at worst, if he's wrong on the read, town loses 2, the player count is 4:3 and it's not that different of a situation than it would have been throwing down the hammer on me earlier. I don't get why one was worth the risk and the other suddenly wasn't, especially when the latter included his top read? The players on the chopping block are different, and that is the main component in my opinion. 

Great post and my exact thought process. I believe it was him trying to make it seem like he is fine with lynching Nacho all the while trying to push someone else for the lynch. Kind of hedging his bets of sorts. I was intently watching Tk3s votes because I was almost certain he wasnt going to stay on Nacho or end on him

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

He makes this comment but never really stuck with Nacho. He slyly moved his vote off onto me, then pushed Forge, pit his vote on Foege when things started getting hot on Nacho, then tried to say his vote on Naz was to see what happens. I think it was all a clever way to try and get someone not named Nacho lynched

It's likely, but in the games I've played with Tk3, he does flip flop more than John Kerry.

12 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Also, I thought it weird that after the issue with nacho, he pointedly said it was a bad look for me, putting me out there, but was mum on nacho. I never understood that given that it wasn't my comments that people really had a problem with, it was my reaction. It was Nacho's reasons that were getting measured, as both you and PR commented on the nature of his explanations and comments

Later PR also corrected TK about that comment, stating it was a bad look for both of us, not just me, but then it sort of got dropped

I've been very forthright about my votes..

Nacho was always my biggest read, but I am not going to sit on a stagnant vote for days.. I wanted to get things moving and see what was happening.. That is how you play..

Regarding the end of day votes, as I have already said:

1. I didn't want Whikkok to die, because I was about ready to lolclear him

2. I wanted to see how the early voters on Naz would react to him almost being lynched.. would someone jump? (which Dingo did immediately)

Take it how you will.. Orca is always going to find reasons to say I'm scum, and we have to just deal with that..

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

It's likely, but in the games I've played with Tk3, he does flip flop more than John Kerry.

He does that trying to get BWs before night mostly from what I have seen. Last game he locked his vote on me, so not exactly flipping lol.

The flipping strategy doesn't work well in this type of set up imo

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

He does that trying to get BWs before night mostly from what I have seen. Last game he locked his vote on me, so not exactly flipping lol.

The flipping strategy doesn't work well in this type of set up imo

It does if you are a good player

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Nacho was always my biggest read, but I am not going to sit on a stagnant vote for days.. I wanted to get things moving and see what was happening.. That is how you play..

2. I wanted to see how the early voters on Naz would react to him almost being lynched.. would someone jump? (which Dingo did immediately)

Take it how you will.. Orca is always going to find reasons to say I'm scum, and we have to just deal with that..

Who did you want to see flip....

1. The ucc town vengeful (dingo)

2. The other person being lynched (nacho)

3. Me 

Hiding your explanation in a blanket statement is odd bc unless I'm missing something... I'm the only person you could have been testing 🤔

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It's not just me seeing these things. I laid out my thoughts and logically it comes down to you being the next best lynch. I tried to remove all emotion and past feelings I have had, especially after I was wrong last game 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

lol.. its N2 of game 1, which we are winning, and I'm already frustrated

Maybe I'm the one who actually lacks the constitution for this game that I once had

Why are you frustrated? We were 1:1 with deaths on D1 due to someone not having time to post. Would have been better to just get Nacho, but it was still a success. Seems like you are playing with a defeatist attitude here and I'm not sure why

Just now, Tk3 said:

It does if you are a good player

I will never get this. It has it's time and place depending on the game and players playing, but it isnt the best way to play imo. Maybe it is for you and keep doing it if you have success at it. I will stick to my methods 

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Who did you want to see flip....

1. The ucc town vengeful (dingo)

2. The other person being lynched (nacho)

3. Me 

Hiding your explanation in a blanket statement is odd bc unless I'm missing something... I'm the only person you could have been testing 🤔

I was testing you specifically. I believe I said as much in a previous post

7 hours ago, Tk3 said:

It’s probably you and Naz

my theory that I wanted to test was that Pickle was bussing Naz but didn’t expect him to actually be a lynch candidate

In that scenario, I assume you would have hammered Nacho, which is what I wanted to happen

but I think Pickle is the better play, simply from an odds standpoint

if somehow both of the other mafia bussed Nacho, then good on them

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I was testing you specifically. I believe I said as much in a previous post

That's an oddly specific test that I'm not sure would have even showed something. 

So

Pickle flips to Nacho, what does that show?

Pickle stays on Naz, what does that show?

Now what actually happened, Pickle stayed on Naz, Dingo hammered a mafia...what does that show?

Archived