CBS 7 round mock

Magnus-Viktor

This is not my mock, but I saw it and it made me laugh because they took 3 WRs in it.

1.  Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

2.  Darnell Savage, S, Maryland

3.  Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

3.  David Long, CB, Michigan

4.  Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa (I'm not too sure he's a 5-tech.....he's 6'7" but very lanky and lacks the bulk for the position I think....good player though)

5.  David Sills V, WR, West Virginia

6.  Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

6.  Deshaun Davis, LB, Auburn

6.  Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo

7.  Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State

That's actually a pretty solid draft overall.  I'd be very happy to come away from the draft with Isabella and Sills.  Anthony Nelson was one of my favorites at Iowa the last few years, but I question his scheme fit.  Love has speed, but never been a fan.  Bush at least has range at LB.  Savage is fast as well and I know the Steelers are said to be high on him, but haven't watched him much.  Never paid much attention to Long, so idk if he's a wasted pick just grasping to fill a need or not.  Idk the last 3 at all really.  

I wouldn't be happy with that.  

3 WRs?  I doubt all three could make the team. 

Isabella is only 5-9.  We need to go the opposite direction and get a tall WR that could benefit us on the goal line.

Another safety?  With our needs, it would be best to go with what we got at that position.

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

We need to stop laughing at these multiple WR mocks:

Juju - great

Moncreif - JAG+

Switzer - Decent slot

Washington - ????

Rogers - JAG+

Its not as absurd as it sounds. 

That's okay logic if you ignore the needs we have at other positions.

However, I don't really care if we draft a couple WRs late if the early part of the draft is good.

This overall draft kinda sucks though.

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

We need to stop laughing at these multiple WR mocks:

Juju - great

Moncreif - JAG+

Switzer - Decent slot

Washington - ????

Rogers - JAG+

Its not as absurd as it sounds. 

I can see two WRs but not three.  We know all three would not make the team.  That would be like setting fire to the last pick.

6 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I can see two WRs but not three.  We know all three would not make the team.  That would be like setting fire to the last pick.

40 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That's okay logic if you ignore the needs we have at other positions.

However, I don't really care if we draft a couple WRs late if the early part of the draft is good.

This overall draft kinda sucks though.

Well three is for sure OTT. But seeing two mocked shouldn’t be a big deal. Like to me outside of JuJu our WR group has major questions. 

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well three is for sure OTT. But seeing two mocked shouldn’t be a big deal. Like to me outside of JuJu our WR group has major questions. 

I agree.  we draw the line after two.

Idk what everyones obsession with isabella is. He is 5'9. No thanks. Even if he ends up being a Wes Welker.

3 WRs in the same class? No thanks.

Darnell Savage, i fully expect to be our 2nd round pick and itll be a terrible one. He is nothing more than a Sean Davis clone and a Subpackage LB imo. Basically he is exactly what Edmunds was drafted to be which renders Edmunds' pick even more pointless.

Sills is solely an X receiver and doesnt have blazing speed to go with it. He has a low ceiling. He would be effective because of his size for a while and then fade out quickly imo. If youre gonna draft a guy like him it should be Miles Boykin who is far more athletic and has more upside.

Im not sold on David Long actually being a good player.

Back to the receivers. Give me Hakeem Butler or AJ Brown and Miles Boykin and id be ecstatic with that position.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Darnell Savage, i fully expect to be our 2nd round pick and itll be a terrible one. He is nothing more than a Sean Davis clone and a Subpackage LB imo. Basically he is exactly what Edmunds was drafted to be which renders Edmunds' pick even more pointless.

I don't necessarily like the idea of Savage as the 2nd rd pick tho it could be worse. However, I don't understand the Edmunds/Davis comparisons. He is a Davis clone that is going to be doing what Edmunds is supposed to do? Davis and Edmunds aren't very similar and he doesn't really compare to either. He is probably at his best as a Cover 2 Safety which is what Davis could be. So if a Cover 2 scheme is what they want to be, he is a decent pick. That would allow Edmunds to play that Dime/Dollar Backer. Again, plenty of worse picks then Savage. 

I like Savage a lot. I think he can play the middle of the field with Edmunds. Davis is improving(I know everyone hates him but he has) as a FS, Edmunds is an ideal SS. He’s got the size and athleticism to hang with TEs. Savage would be a great compliment at both. He can play deep and cover a half, he can play close to the LOS and tackle/take the ball away, he can cover slot WRs. I’m not sure the problem. 3 versatile Safeties would make this defense pretty solid. This is also why I’m not so excited about drafting an ILB. I think we’d be really good with Barron, Vince/Bostic?, and Savage. 

I have two issues with this draft other than the 3 WR mess... 1) NO Edge is taken.  2) CB room is not upgraded

I like the IDEA of two WR, but we have done it at the expense of CB and Edge, and that is the recipe for disaster.  I guess you could argue that Sills AND Isabella together maybe start to replace AB, but in the meantime we have no CB depth and Edge is hanging on by a thread.

On that note, if you take Bush at 1.20, why Davis??  That makes no sense.

To be picky, Bryce Love is used up... I'd pass.  Take James Washington from Wazzu.

Not the worst Mock, but not good.  If you like Bush, you'd like this draft.  I don't, so I don't.

Would be happy about Savage, Sills, Isabella and Nelson.  Think Brown could be a sleeper.

I don’t doubt we could take multiple receiver, we have 10 picks...

But I don’t get why people want to run out the door for one. This draft class lacks diversity at receiver and there is no real top shelf talent. What we need, this draft doesn’t have. It’s full of big bodied slot receivers.  If we draft AJ Brown in the first, I’ll be livid, because we just drafted JuJu again and we already have him and the poor mans JuJu in James Washington. We don’t need more big bodied combat catch guys or slot receivers, we need tall, 4.4 X guys, who Ben has dominated with in the past. Our best shot at replacing the talent of Brown is not drafting more guys, it’s JuJus growth and having a diverse X. 

Second and third receivers have come and gone on this team and they all continue to produce — because of Big Ben, and he is still here. The level of improvement we will see with any receivers in this class is minimal over the guys already here— because of Big Ben. Whereas NFL average greatly improves a lot of other rooms on this team, average doesn’t jump the receiver room talent level.

The only players I want to draft at receiver are Butler and Boykin...and only if they fall to our second 3rd round pick. Receivers are not going extinct after this draft. We can throw darts at any one of 7 other positions we really lack talent at and believe Ben and that current receiver room is good enough to survive for one year. 

And if it doesn’t - See if Larry Fitzgerald wants to come back and finish his career on a playoff run. Or Allen Robinson, or Devante Parker, or Marvin Jones, or Emmanuel Sanders, or Josh Doctson...

On 4/20/2019 at 9:32 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I like Savage a lot. I think he can play the middle of the field with Edmunds. Davis is improving(I know everyone hates him but he has) as a FS, Edmunds is an ideal SS. He’s got the size and athleticism to hang with TEs. Savage would be a great compliment at both. He can play deep and cover a half, he can play close to the LOS and tackle/take the ball away, he can cover slot WRs. I’m not sure the problem. 3 versatile Safeties would make this defense pretty solid. This is also why I’m not so excited about drafting an ILB. I think we’d be really good with Barron, Vince/Bostic?, and Savage. 

Savage will be our second rd pick if he is there maybe we even trade back and take him in the first I knew we’d take Sean Davis and now we want savage 

Archived