2019 NFL Draft GDT

Nick

4 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

So, was the FO comfortable with our WR corps or were we victims of circumstance finding better players available at the time of our picks?

I don't think we we're comfortable but rather than once we got passed day 2 that the likelihood of a player beating out Foster, Beasley, Brown, Jones, Williams, Mckenzie, and Roberts was slim. 

We need a #1 WR... Not likely to get that at that point so just go BPA. And wouldn't surprise me if we have a deal in place for a local kid like Anthony Johnson or Jamal Custis on a undrafted free agent deal if they don't get drafted.

7 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

So, was the FO comfortable with our WR corps or were we victims of circumstance finding better players available at the time of our picks?

Got 11 on the roster. Brought 4 in during free agency (including Duke Williams). Zay going into year 3 and Foster emerging last season makes me believe they don't see it as a huge hole.

TE and OL likely more important for Allens development in year 2.

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills draft recap:

DL: Ed Oliver, Daryl Johnson
OL: Cody Ford
RB: Devin Singletary
TE: Dawson Knox, Tommy Sweeney
DB: Juquan Johnson
LB: Vosean Joseph

Trenches - Check

TE - Check

Assorted Depth - Check

WR - Nope

We got great value in the 1st 2 rounds, solid picks for RB & TE, and ??? This isn't as exciting to me as last year's, but certainly a better draft than we typically saw from Whaley. Oliver & Ford were such excellent value picks in areas of need, that it really is the strength of this draft IMO. Coupled with the moves during FA, I really like our chances to flirt with acquiring the last WC spot this coming year. (Yeah, I went there!) It really will come down to whether or not our starting LBers and QB can stay healthy. We lose any one of those and I think things get ugly pretty quick.

/homer-mode

11 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

The knock on him is his legs are too skinny and doesn't block well, but has been pretty consistent as a receiver. Might compete for depth, hit the practice squad, or be cut. Sounds like if he can add some mass to his legs and butt he might find a way to stick in the league.

I like that he came from a run first offense and can fit the mold of a Y TE behind Kroft should he earn it.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I don't think we we're comfortable but rather than once we got passed day 2 that the likelihood of a player beating out Foster, Beasley, Brown, Jones, Williams, Mckenzie, and Roberts was slim. 

We need a #1 WR... Not likely to get that at that point so just go BPA. And wouldn't surprise me if we have a deal in place for a local kid like Anthony Johnson or Jamal Custis on a undrafted free agent deal if they don't get drafted.

Kind of what I'm thinking, too. I could see another team floating a 7th on Anthony Johnson just to keep us from snagging the local kid as an UDFA.

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Got 11 on the roster. Brought 4 in during free agency (including Duke Williams). Zay going into year 3 and Foster emerging last season makes me believe they don't see it as a huge hole.

Can't argue with this.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Before the draft I felt we could be a 9-10 win team. I still believe that. Maybe even 11 if we over achieve

We have a favorable schedule with the AFC North, NFC East, Titans, and Broncos

I’d set the o/u at 8.5 and take the over

I think 10/11 wins is ambitious at this point though until we see if this offense can click

Number Nerd is coming out of me again after the drafted player and Free agency. Confirmed numbers have a star *

My guesses:
WR Cole Beasley 10
WR John Brown 13 
WR Andre Roberts 18 
WR Duke Williams 1
RB Frank Gore 28*
RB Senorise Perry 43
TE Tyler Kroft 81*
TE Jake Fisher 86
OT LaAdrian Waddle 77
OT Ty Nsekhe 79
OG Quinton Spain 67
OG Spencer Long 74
OC Mitch Morse 61
OG Jon Feliciano 76
CB Kevin Johnson 33
CB EJ Gaines 26
DE Eli Harold 53
LB Maurice Alexander 47
TJ Yeldon 46

Draft:
Ed Oliver 91 (said he wants this)
Cody Ford 70 *
Devin Singletary 45
Dawson Knox 82
Vosean Joseph 41
Jaquan Johnson 40
Darryl Johnson 94
Tommy Sweeney 89

UDFA
Tyree Jackson 2
David Sills 85
Nick Easley 84

Blake Hance 72
Juwan Foggie 48
Tyrel Dodson 50

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think this is probably the correct answer. I was thinking after we Cody Ford that anyone we pick in the third round and on can really beat out Foster, Beasley, John Brown or Zay. 

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Plus this was a bad class for WR's in general, dance with who brung ya and go all out when we have a  bunch of money off the books next year for some weapons.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Plus we landed IMO the  singular best tackle in the entire draft at 40. That's what Allen needed the most, high quality OL play.

Ford is exciting for sure. Lots of good tackles in this draft and Ford was certainly good value at 40, I've seen a lot of people say he was the steal of the second round.

It's funny how different people view prospects, PFF said he was probably the best pass blocking OT in the draft and that his run blocking could be better but NFL network and Bleacher Report kind of had the complete opposite view. 

All I know is that after last season it's pretty crazy to have three decent options at the tackle positions. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Dawkins get moved inside to guard and Nseke and Ford start at LT and RT respectively.