2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

Just now, John232 said:

Lol fair point, but I'm more just dumbfounded we're not at least drafting for depth/ST at positions of relative strength. As Forge said, just feels like a wasted pick. We have Lee and Mayo already who have shown to be good special teamers. Same with Pita T. Not sure what Greenlaw does well. 

Yeah - I'm not a big fan of this pick as I thought he would be a guy to look for in the UDFA pool. So I understand everyone's frustration. Just pointing out that at this point in the draft, we're just looking for those small roles to be filled and depth. 

I'm expecting Blessuan Austin with one of our 6th round picks, but after that, I have no idea. Maybe a true tight end and interior offensive lineman? Honestly, the safety market is pretty barren at this point in the draft, so it would be hilarious if now is the time we go in that direction. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

If we're drafting punters we're truly in "IDGAF" mode. Pathetic. 

Nah... it's just that our roster is now so stacked that we can afford to draft a punter in the 4th.

Unfortunately, it is a punter not nicknamed after a nationality and a tool.

Just now, Forge said:

Is it weird that I'm getting weirdly hyped about the UDFA frenzy that comes after the draft? 

Ha, not really. Some of our best players in this regime have come from the UDFA pool. 

....and Mack Wilson goes to Cleveland. Damn man, Cleveland is making the right moves. Greedy in 2 and Mack in 5. Man I wish we'd make great value picks like this. 

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Nah... it's just that our roster is now so stacked that we can afford to draft a punter in the 4th.

Unfortunately, it is a punter not nicknamed after a nationality and a tool.

Cam we nickname him The Australian Screwdriver? The Australian Handsaw? 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Ha, not really. Some of our best players in this regime have come from the UDFA pool. 

....and Mack Wilson goes to Cleveland. Damn man, Cleveland is making the right moves. Greedy in 2 and Mack in 5. Man I wish we'd make great value picks like this. 

I feel like Cleveland is all about, "okay, who's the biggest name left in the draft at this point" whenever they draft. Not a bad philosophy, to be honest. Certainly looks great at the time of the draft. Will be interesting to see how this class pans out. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like Cleveland is all about, "okay, who's the biggest name left in the draft at this point" whenever they draft. Not a bad philosophy, to be honest. Certainly looks great at the time of the draft. Will be interesting to see how this class pans out

Agreed. I think there is a reason that these players are the 'biggest names' though. I don't think many would argue for Dre Greenlaw over Mack Wilson on this board though. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is it weird that I'm getting weirdly hyped about the UDFA frenzy that comes after the draft? 

Not at all. We've also found solid contributors in each UDFA class, one of the things they're better at. 

Damn you New England...now I'm completely screwed when it comes to having a punter on the roster going into the season when it comes to "are you smarter than" LOL. 

I'll be signing some really terrible free agent. 

Archived