2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I've posted plenty of thoughts one of my main one is that the Raiders liked Ferrell, you still avoiding saying who you would have picked, I get it, name 35 players so you can say we could of had this or that guy.

READING. COMPREHENSION. I clearly stated I would have taken Allen. I would ALSO have taken Oliver. Both were still available. Both were options that were more than likely better than Ferrell and less likely to fall to a point we could have made a move for. The fact that I did clearly state I would take Allen and the breakdown of my reasoning aside,  your adamant stance that I pick "1" when there were multiple guys I would have rather had is illogical. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

READING. COMPREHENSION. I clearly stated I would have taken Allen. I would ALSO have taken Oliver. Both were still available. Both were options that were more than likely better than Ferrell and less likely to fall to a point we could have made a move for. The fact that I did clearly state I would take Allen and the breakdown of my reasoning aside,  your adamant stance that I pick "1" when there were multiple guys I would have rather had is illogical. 

Allen in a 4-3 is a terrible fit, probably a reason both the Raiders and Bucs passed on him.

3-4 EDGE, sure, he’ll be excellent in that role. 

4-3 DE? Absolutely not. Allen is good for his versatility. He’s not the greatest pass rusher and don’t let his sacks fool you. Most of his sacks go completely untouched. If Allen gets on a blocker, he’s finished.

Maybe you haven’t been around all draft season but 70% of this forum, at least, wanted absolute no part of Allen at 4. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Reading comprehension I acknowledge your Allen pick at 4 and asked to name picks for 24 and 27 period point blank. Yeah I could name multiple guys too then the one that actually performs I could claim that was my favorite pick hence me asking you to pick one each pick and let's see how they perform vs the guys we got, but you seem afraid to do so. Here let me help you I think you probably would have wanted Sweat at 24 so how about 27.

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Staff gets an A+ from me...

Ferrell isn't flashy but he's Charles Johnson 2.0 imo and I'm more than happy with that. Allen's juice might be nice but we'd be getting gashed on outside runs with 2 undersized pass rushers at DE and our LB corps lack of speed. We needed a base end who can play the run and rush the passer. He'll never be a sack artist but 6-10 sacks a year coupled with excellent run defense will be really nice. No reason why Hurst should ever play DE this season as well. Get another situational guy to rotate with Key on the weak side and our D-line is pretty well set imo.

Jacobs was a no brainer that everyone saw coming. Instant starter and upgrade for our offense. I'd still like to see us resign Martin for early down depth.

Abrams offers a nice skillset with alot of versatility. Hes similar to Joyner but a little bigger and a harder hitter. If we can get them both on the field in some cover 3 looks with KoJo we could really mixup disguising our coverages in the secondary.

For day 2, I'm torn between sitting tight and taking CB Greedy Williams or trading back to get an extra pick or 2 and grab LB Blake Cashman to add some speed to our LBs. 

Day 3 we add depth/competition on offense, maybe OG and TE in the 4th and 5th.

1. Ferrell is only 3lbs heavier than Josh Allen. Agree that Ferrell is better vs the run but Allen is not undersized.

2. Abram is not "versatile" at all - he's a traditional hard hitting box safety with no experience playing any kind of deep zone coverage.  Also he's not like Joyner at all as you do not want Abram covering slot WRs.  Darnell Savage is a much more accurate comparison for Joyner.

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Isn’t Risners biggest weakness his pass protection ? His footwork isn’t great is it?

If we stay at #35 I’d go CB (Rock Ya Sin) but as there hasn’t been a run yet, I’d look to trade down and get one later maybe Long. 

biggest weakness is his feet & movement ability.  BUT if we draft him i'm assuming he moves into Guard and that's not an issue

Archived