2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep people don’t realize Jacobs and Abram were actually bigger reaches. Jacobs and Abram would of been available at 35 and IMO both would of been available in the 40’s. (I had Jacobs going 43 and Abram going in the Early 3rd). That’s a reach of 15 spots each. Ferrell lasts to 13 at the latest which is a reach of 9 picks. 

Some people saying Abrams was   the best S and you got him going in the 3rd that's your rational? Because of your ranking.lol

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Some people saying Abrams was   the best S and you got him going in the 3rd that's your rational? Because of your ranking.lol

I’m not criticizing the picks here. I’m defending the Ferrell pick. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m in agreement, if Carr isn’t the guy use our 1sts next year to get to #1 and pick whoever we think is the best QB. Picking a QB here is not the answer.

However, I was just saying Ryan Finley and Will Grier are much better QB Prospects than Drew Lock. If Drew Lock is the pick everyone should puke. 

22 minutes ago, Totty said:

Here's my thing... Carr may or may not be the answer.  Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Finley, etc aren't for sure.  If you're going to get your 'guy'... Trade up next year and get the the best available.  IDC if they traded up for Kyler if they believed he was THE GUY.  But don't waste a second on a developmental guy at best.  We have way bigger needs.  And not for nothing I watched Landry and AB beat us on a single play.  Landry is a capable back up.  

Sounds like we're all in agreement on how to handle the situation regardless of how we feel about Carr. I think we all collectively will puke if we pick Lock.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You just called them bigger reaches.

I’m fine with all three players and completely happy with all three. 

But yes... from a pure math standpoint, Jacobs was a bigger reach than Ferrell. Even if we pick Jacobs at 35 that’s still 11 spots versus Ferrell’s 9 spots. 

As for Abram, safety boards are all over the place so who knows. I’ll rescind my statement if he was high on Mayocks board. That’s fine. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m fine with all three players and completely happy with all three. 

But yes... from a pure math standpoint, Jacobs was a bigger reach than Ferrell. Even if we pick Jacobs at 35 that’s still 11 spots versus Ferrell’s 9 spots. 

As for Abram, safety boards are all over the place so who knows. I’ll rescind my statement if he was high on Mayocks board. That’s fine. 

Not according to DJ.Image

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s BS? I did have Jacobs going 43 in my mock and he certainly would of been there at 35. Who takes Jacobs 25-33? Please enlighten me. 

You can't quote your opinion as proof hahahah

thats not how that works though at all the difference of even a single spot early is a considerably higher value than the difference as the draft goes on. Like if you take the draft value chart as a guide pick 4 is worth 100 points more than pick 5. To get a 100 point difference from pick 24 thats pick 29. Pick 35 is roughly 200 points less than 24. 200 points less than pick 4 is pick 6.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

DJ way over values Jacobs. This was an extremely weak RB class. Jacobs was the best RB but around the 40th best player. 

Jacobs is Above Average at everything but great at nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I like Jacobs, but he isn’t a 1st Round talent by any means. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

DJ way over values Jacobs. This was an extremely weak RB class. Jacobs was the best RB but around the 40th best player. 

Jacobs is Above Average at everything but great at nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I like Jacobs, but he isn’t a 1st Round talent by any means. 

According to you, but every grade i've seen so far Give the Raiders an A for Jacobs and Abrams and a  C for Ferrell.

Archived