ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK: 2019 NFL Draft- Spoiler Edition

Scoundrel

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

And in coverage?  That's a big issue with all of our guys.

I think both are top notch in coverage, Bush may have a slight edge simply due to his superior instincts (again not saying white doesnt have great instincts as well) where White separates himself is his ability to disengage from blockers and his ability to just take over a locker room

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Great in both areas

27 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think both are top notch in coverage, Bush may have a slight edge simply due to his superior instincts (again not saying white doesnt have great instincts as well) where White separates himself is his ability to disengage from blockers and his ability to just take over a locker room

That's interesting - because I thought White's being mocked sooner had to do with him being a hair better in coverage.  I know both are great, because you can't be a Rd1 ILB and not have all 3-down skills (unlike Jewell, who I still think can be serviceable in coverage with his instincts/motors/smarts in recognition, but was never going to be elite because of his physical limitations).  I just figured the reason why White was getting more love earlier was a difference in speed/ceiling.  I agree that Bush is the better processor.   Intangibles do matter though.  By film and skills analysis I had a crazy hard time separating the 2 other than with White's ability to take on blockers vs. Bush's recognition skills.   Which of course makes it so hard to separate them still lol.

It seems moot, it doesn't seem like White will last to 1.10, he's got the Roquan-level love going on.

Edited by Broncofan

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

For the value give me BBK in round 5

Honestly I'd love to get 2 of the 3. Vic has used more of a 2ILB nickle in the past and while Jewell is great on early downs Id rather have BBK and Bush on passing downs. Honestly I dont get the concern over BBKs size/athleticism. He may not have the straight line speed or explosiveness of the other 2 but his short area quickness is as good if not better

Name

Ht

Wt

Bench

Vert

Broad

3 cone

20yd shuttle

BBK

Bush

White

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly I'd love to get 2 of the 3. Vic has used more of a 2ILB nickle in the past and while Jewell is great on early downs Id rather have BBK and Bush on passing downs. Honestly I dont get the concern over BBKs size/athleticism. He may not have the straight line speed or explosiveness of the other 2 but his short area quickness is as good if not better

Name

Ht

Wt

Bench

Vert

Broad

3 cone

20yd shuttle

BBK

Bush

White

I think BBK is going to be good. He reminded me a lot of Jayon Brown who I liked coming out. Then I see on nfl.com that is the comparison they have for him. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Name

Ht

Wt

Bench

Vert

Broad

3 cone

20yd shuttle

BBK

Bush

White

TBH as much as ILB is devalued, I think it's a market inefficiency in today's NFL.  If you look at the top D's in the game now, their ILB play is elevating them in passing situations.  And with 60 percent of the game in nickel and 3-WR's with RB/TE's, we need more pass-friendly ILB's (Todd Davis is a great run stuffer, but still lost in space, and Jewell projects as serviceable in pass coverage, but ultimately, he's the cheaper version for when we part ways with Davis, which could come as soon as this year).

Having ILB's of White/Bush as the gamechanger core, Jewell and BBK as the other 2 ILB's, would really set us up well for a Fangio D.  The ILB responsibilities are crucial in his scheme.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

There is a CBS person who has BBK as his number one Off Ball linebacker over Bush and White. While I don’t agree I do have BBK 3rd. BBK had 17.4 % of UW’s tackles by himself. Apparently the hit rate for LBers with a percentage of 15% to 20% is very high. Luke Kuechly had a 21.9% solo tackle rate his last year in college which is insane. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yeah if we got Bush and BBK I’d be a happy camper

The other part is the value.  As much as I would love to finally turn ILB into a strength instead of a glaring weakness, to do with 1.10 to get an elite game changer and then Day 3 to get a likely 2nd starter/timesplitter with Jewell (who also was a day 3 pick)?  That's investing wisely - 1 big spend, 2 value spends.   Major appeal.

It's going to be a real sign of philosophical change - our org has literally ignored ILB because of the old scheme.   In Fangio's it's the most important position outside of EDGE and CB's who have to cover the top guys (zone scheme, but they match up when needed).  This will be fascinating to see how Elway embraces the philosophy.  I hope he doesn't reach for need too much - which is why Bush/White are fine picks, because I have them as top 8-12 talents, so 1.10 is a perfect fit with BPA/need.   And BBW's day 3 projected price can't be ever argued as expensive.

Really can't wait for the draft to start.

So my math is a bit different than that guys.

Luke Kuechly 11.7% solo tackle number and 21.9% total tackle number his junior season in 2011.

BBk had a 10.1% solo tackle number and a 18.9% of teams total tackles (94 solo tackles and 176 total tackles out of 927)

Devin White had a 7.1% solo tackle percentage out of the teams total tackles. He had 14% of the teams tackles total (62 solo and 123 solo and assisted combined)

Devin Bush 5.5% solo tackle percentage and 8.9% of teams total tackles (41 solo and 66 total)

Yes I went through added up all the tackles for the entire team and did the math...