Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Let's be real

Like every other mid-round pick that Macc has drafted, none will be on the team in 2-3 years

Herndon and Shell made it through. I like Polite and Wesco's chances due to who we have as coaches.

Macc's maneuverability was the issue here but thats always been the case. He's either safe or he sucks. 

3 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Lol mad at late round picks.

i was satisfied after Q & Polite.

maybe Wesco & Edoja becomes something but it not, meh

It's true that late round picks have very little shot of becoming impact players. But they do have a shot, and it's an extremely important way of building a roster. However, Mac has not really hit on any late rounders at all, and this draft doesn't exactly inspire confidence that he will. 

Edited by Karmaloop

Too Early to tell who will be there, but for UDFA's, i'm targeting anyone on the list below if they make it
RB: Rodney Anderson/Myles Gaskin
WR: Emmanuel Hall/Anthony Johnson/David Sills/Lil' Jordan Humphries
OL:  Beau B
LB: TJ Edwards/Carl Granderson
CB: Kris Boyd

Edited by barnaby8787
  • Like 1

Other than Q. Willaims and Polite I know very little about the rest of the draft picks.   Its all about how well the current coaching staff can incorporate these players into their system.    Maccagnan still has post draft cuts to continue to add talent to the team.   I prefer to show optimism than pessimism when judging this off season.  We will all know soon enough how well this season will perform.   GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Sometimes the most frustrating part of being a Jets fan is dealing with the negativity of other fans. 

This was a very good draft on surface.  We are a team rebuilding and desperate to upgrade and add talent.  We are not a finished product.  We are not at a level where grabbing a specific position of need moves us from a playoff team to a world champion.  Many who  are calling for Macc's head are the same that scream we have the worst talent level of players in the league.  Many who scream about PFF rankings of players we don't pursue or draft are ignoring that now when PFF has just about all our pics highly ranked. 

Seems to me we stuck to our board.  Felt there was some value in the 5th and worked to get a pick there.  Spotted a guy we wanted and were aggressive to get him.  Did not panic and take a deal with bad value to move out of #3.  We added talented players and increased the talent level of this team over the past three days. 

Consider this before you whine about "position of need" ..... Does anyone on here honestly think NE took Brady in the 6th round because they thought he would be who he is now?  Do you think there took Brady to replace Bledsoe that quickly? Or at all? Or they should have passed on Brady because they spent a 1st rounder on Bledsoe, who was under 30 at the time of picking Brady?  They took Tom Brady in 2000 because they stuck to their board and picked the best player available at the pick they had.  When you add talent and assets it is a positive. 

Of course I am not saying we found an all time great in the mid to late rounds.  I am simply showing, in an extreme case, that adding talent and talent you feel is the best available at the time of your pick can result in positive impacts on your team.  I can't project any of these day three guys but they all seem to have value and talent to add to a team that needs talent - no matter the position. 

I really think with the Defensive guys we added in FA and draft combined with a better more aggressive style of D, we will have a top 10 D next year.  If we can control the ball more on O, which I anticipate we can with Bell, we will take a nice jump next year.  Expect us to be 9-7.

IMO Macc screwed up yet again. Williams is a great player and I’ll agree to disagree that he was a great pick (I want an edge rusher). But Polite and Edoga were great picks. After that Macc was Macc IMO and the draft was just awful. In typical macc fashion... I expect every player we drafted after those 3 to be off the roster within 3-4 years.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO Macc screwed up yet again. Williams is a great player and I’ll agree to disagree that he was a great pick (I want an edge rusher). But Polite and Edoga were great picks. After that Macc was Macc IMO and the draft was just awful. In typical macc fashion... I expect every player we drafted after those 3 to be off the roster within 3-4 years.

LOL, I hate Mac, but Wesco and Cashner will be in this league a long time.  I'm not saying we necessarily needed them, but they'll have roles.  Most actually praised the Wesco pick and Cashner seems to be getting a lot of love as a player as well.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

LOL, I hate Mac, but Wesco and Cashner will be in this league a long time.  I'm not saying we necessarily needed them, but they'll have roles.  Most actually praised the Wesco pick and Cashner seems to be getting a lot of love as a player as well.

Ya and so did Leggett and Donahue. They were praised too