Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Gurely is a RB who had a knee issue coming into the draft and now looks like he will be out of the league very soon due to the same knee issue.   Gordon is a nice player but not 6, again a RB who is not at the AP or Barkley level so taking in the top 10 is not wise IMO. 

Better than Leo and you said Hindsight 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Better than Leo and you said Hindsight 

And I just told you I would not have picked them before him still .. yes nice players but both are RB who can be had. Both are injury concerns waiting to happen.  Neither woudl I take at 6.  Trade back to teens I would have sure. Reason why it is rare a RB goes high anymore .... and seems like NFL GMs agree wtih that taek.

32 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

And I just told you I would not have picked them before him still .. yes nice players but both are RB who can be had. Both are injury concerns waiting to happen.  Neither woudl I take at 6.  Trade back to teens I would have sure. Reason why it is rare a RB goes high anymore .... and seems like NFL GMs agree wtih that taek.

They actually don’t agree with that recently. This year was the 1st in many years a high RB wasn’t taken. And that’s bc their were non worthy of it. But the last several years RBs have gone early. And actually with a lot of success.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Adams and Darnold were gifted to him, he does not get credit for obvious choices. Q as well. How are you giving him credit for that? 

It doesn’t matter if he’s not the worst, he’s terrible. 

How many 2/3/4 rounders has he hit on? 2? 

How many 5/6/7 gems has he found? 0

Giving Macc credit for Adams, Darnold, Leo and Q is like saying Ryan Grigson found Andrew Luck. 

I have my issues with Macc, but y’all have to stop with the hold gifting thing. Over half this board would have been out of a GM job after selecting Josh Rosen last year. Darnold was not a gift. He rightly chose Darnold over Rosen and Allen. Adams is questionable as well. We are knocking Macc for not selecting premium positions which SS is not. Then we are saying Adams was a good pick. Ditto with Leo. 

I think Mac is fine. I don't think he is great but I think he is average. If you guys look back on that class with Lee there is A LOT of guys that did not get their 5th year option. I think if you guys look around the league there are some worse GM than Mac. I also would like to state when people say a player falls in there lap sometimes they pass on them because the owner gets involved. i thought Devin Smith was a great pick and was going to do great but that knee could never hold up. To bad because I saw him as a Steve Smith type guy. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Stopped reading after that part.  Totally transparent statement John Idzik ...lol.

Adams and Darnold were gifted to him man.  Leo was too honestly.  If Gettleman had a clue, Darnold would be a Giant right now.

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I think Mac is fine. I don't think he is great but I think he is average. If you guys look back on that class with Lee there is A LOT of guys that did not get their 5th year option. I think if you guys look around the league there are some worse GM than Mac. I also would like to state when people say a player falls in there lap sometimes they pass on them because the owner gets involved. i thought Devin Smith was a great pick and was going to do great but that knee could never hold up. To bad because I saw him as a Steve Smith type guy. 

I think he's bottom 10 personally.  We have the third longest playoff draught in football right now which stretches 8 years.  He's been here for four of those years.  We've had a top 10 pick three years in a row.  That's not good.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They actually don’t agree with that recently. This year was the 1st in many years a high RB wasn’t taken. And that’s bc their were non worthy of it. But the last several years RBs have gone early. And actually with a lot of success.

The problem with RB that high, IMO, is the window for their playing career is very short.  The 10 year career for a RB is very rare.  The risk of injury is very high.  So from a draft capital perspective seems like a very risk endevour to take a RB in the top 10. 

Past ten years only 4 RB have been taken in the top 10 of each draft.  That is 4 out of 100 picks.  Richardson, Elliot, Fournette and Barkley.  Safe to say at this point only 2 are "good picks".  That is 2%.  The fact are very counter to your statement.

16 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

The problem with RB that high, IMO, is the window for their playing career is very short.  The 10 year career for a RB is very rare.  The risk of injury is very high.  So from a draft capital perspective seems like a very risk endevour to take a RB in the top 10. 

Past ten years only 4 RB have been taken in the top 10 of each draft.  That is 4 out of 100 picks.  Richardson, Elliot, Fournette and Barkley.  Safe to say at this point only 2 are "good picks".  That is 2%.  The fact are very counter to your statement.

I’d rather have a guy at a incredible level for 5-9 years than have good player for 7-11.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d rather have a guy at a incredible level for 5-9 years than have good player for 7-11.

Ignoring the fact your wrong about RBs being drafted that high to begin with???  2% you would hit ... and be fired...lol

Missed CJ Spiller in 2010  but doesn't help your argument.  And the 5-9 years is very hopefully for a RB. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Most RB fall apart after 3 to 4 years. The really good ones make it to age 30. Then the HOF and best ones have a few years left after 30.

Exactly.  And exactly why teams have stopped drafting them so high.  Take 2005 - Brown, Benson and Williams all in the top 5.  Brown barley reached 1000 yds once but was a very ordinary RB. Williams best year was year 1 and then was out of the league before he turned 30.  Benson had a nice stretch with Cincy for 3 years but his other years were disappointing and he was out the league at 30

Archived