First round talk. (No pick tipping!)

KingTitan

Seriously though, ESPN showing that clip from 2016 and spending the whole time talking about it instead of what he brings on the field was pretty lame.

Biggest night of Simmons life and they spent the whole time discussing his lowest point of his life. Not condoning what he did, but that's terrible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Simmons is a physical freak. He’s very well put together and I just know he would’ve dominated the combine.

I know it's tough for some because we're not going to get the immediate impact from him, but I think the payoff will be worth it.

If he were healthy, I certainly think he'd be right there with Williams and Oliver. Getting a top 10 talent at 19 is just too good to pass up(even with his injury), especially at a position of need. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I know it's tough for some because we're not going to get the immediate impact from him, but I think the payoff will be worth it.

If he were healthy, I certainly think he'd be right there with Williams and Oliver. Getting a top 10 talent at 19 is just too good to pass up(even with his injury), especially at a position of need. 

Exactly. It stings that we won't get an immediate impact from him, but this is a long term game not just a one year thing. We got a top 10 talent at 19. There's no doubt about that when you watch his film. I'd argue he was a more dominant player than Williams. Without the ACL he definitely goes top 10 possibly top 5. Plus with guys like Suh still out there, Brent Urban, and potentially Gerald McCoy we can get through the year without him. We still need to address the edge ideally tomorrow, but Simmons is a hard pick to hate once you look at the big picture and get past the instant gratification of wanting to see him out there from day 1.

• Like 1