Poll o' the DAY! Foooooood!

ET80

Food!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite kind of food?

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This sounds like the most amazing thing ever.

So googled it - looks pretty damn good. As a pork connoisseur, the sausage content has me interested.

toad-in-the-holeFCW.jpg

never thought I'd say it, but I want mud frog pie.

or whatever it's called.

1 hour ago, TJM217 said:

Indian, Caribbean food (Jamaican, Trinidad), and Greek are the best. Honorable mention for Peruvian food too 

Jamaican food was such a revelation for me. My sister took me to this place over here - jerk chicken, jerk pork ribs, spicy rice and lamb something called freedom bread - could've eaten there for days.

A few other notable cuisines:

- Cuban food is awesome. Ropa Viejo with rice, beans and plantains? Could eat that for days.

- If you can find a good Brazilian churrascaria, go. I'm not talking Fogo de Chao; They're OK, but some of these other places I've been to put them to shame. You'll probably set yourself back about $150 for dinner for two, but it is SO worth it. 

I really like Mexican but I haven't really had many other cuisines.  I used to like "Mexican" from like Chipotle and Moe's and always thought it was so good, and then I started to actually go to authentic places in New Haven and now Philly and it's changed my life.  So damn good. 

Thai food is pretty good too.  My girlfriend is a vegetarian and Greek is something that's really tasty that I enjoy meatless. 

8 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Thai food is pretty good too.  My girlfriend is a vegetarian and Greek is something that's really tasty that I enjoy meatless. 

Two years ago we went to Greece - completely ruined me for Greek food. Everything there is so freshly made, just doesn't compare here in the states.

It's been a while, so maybe I can try it again.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Anything with all of the carbs in it. So Mexican? Absolutely. Italian? Hell yes. Good ol' American comfort food a la biscuits and gravy or all of the mashed potatoes ever? All day, everyday.

Nobody likes boiled ham and corn, so don't ask.

9 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

I have actually, and I stand by my statement.

I guess I need some suggestions next time I'm in California. I've had Mexican food in California - it was good, but I'd still put San Antonio ahead of Cali. 

I've heard El Paso and Lubbock are close to the top in Texas, but never been to either city.

I could eat Mexican food (authentic or not that authentic) 7 days a week. So that. 

When I did landscaping and my best friend for 6+ months spoke almost no English I really dove headfirst into my role for the character. I was eating Mexican food for breakfast and lunch every day. It was very doable.

Archived