Draft Day Thread - Day 3

ARTMONK HOF

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I get that Doctson has been disappointing for a first round pick, but he hasn’t been so bad that he’s a threat to not make the roster this season.  

I agree but unless something major happens this season, I don't see how the Redskins can justify potentially re-signing him after his contract runs out. 

19 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

If Doctson stays on the roster this season, it's more than likely his last. Norman is more than likely playing his last season here also. In Doctsons case to outperform him..... well, ain't gonna take much. Our wr core was a joke last season, the whole damn league knows that. Ain't some big secret, play these young guys and see what they have. We're supposed to struggle this season anyway.

Wait, I thought that was Alex Smith’s fault...

Anyways, I don't think anyone is saying that Prich or Doctson are great or guaranteed to start, just that it's unlikely our rookies from last year or this year beat them out to start.

Being an average starter doesn't mean that you're back ups are better.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Wait, I thought that was Alex Smith’s fault...

Anyways, I don't think anyone is saying that Prich or Doctson are great or guaranteed to start, just that it's unlikely our rookies from last year or this year beat them out to start.

Being an average starter doesn't mean that you're back ups are better.

A lot of it was Alex Smith’s fault. 

9 minutes ago, daboyle250 said:

I agree but unless something major happens this season, I don't see how the Redskins can justify potentially re-signing him after his contract runs out. 

Obviously, that depends on what Doctson does this year. The second half of 2017 he looked pretty good when we had Cousins, he looked awesome vs the Raiders and he flashed a lot. If Doctson does that w/ Keenum throwing him the ball more and taking some chances for him to go up and highpoint the ball, he could prove to be someone they want to keep.

Yes, a big if, but it's possible.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

A lot of it was Alex Smith’s fault. 

It was half a joke but obviously if a passing game isn't clicking it's on more than just the QB. Our WRs struggled to get open, 2 of our top 3 weapons got hurt early in the year (Crowder & CT) and PRich was playing through a broken clavicle.

Just now, turtle28 said:

It was half a joke but obviously if a passing game isn't clicking it's on more than just the QB. Our WRs struggled to get open, 2 of our top 3 weapons got hurt early in the year (Crowder & CT) and PRich was playing through a broken clavicle.

Certainly would be the case unless your QB had previously gone an entire 16-game season without throwing a TD pass to a receiver. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Certainly would be the case unless your QB had previously gone an entire 16-game season without throwing a TD pass to a receiver. 

Irrelevant considering everyone knows our Wr corps last year wasn't lighting the world on fire and then again Crowder, CT got hurt for a month or two - they and Reed are any QBs best friends - and again, PRich played through a broken clavicle.

I fail to see how in the world these facts don't sink in! I get you don't like Alex, hated the trade etc, but come on dude!

Quit moving the goalposts 

Hello My Brothers,

I’ve been on a walk about down under, and yes it’s awesome! For you young Bro’s, it also means being in Australia where I’ve bought a new place, but my favorite still is down under a nice skirt or pair of culottes- google it lol 😂 

this is the best draft we’ve had this century and it’s not even close. We were smart, didn’t trade up for Haskins, smart to trade up for Sweat @turtle told you we would get him, and my favorite pick of them all is the unknown OG ( I’m the known OG), from Indiana. Wes is a country boy- strong, smart and will be the hardest working or second only to the sheriff on our ol. He’s a day 1 starter for 8 years at LG. 

Danny deserves a lot of credit for this draft. I won’t second guess any of the selections. Maybe he has learned? Or Did Ron Wolf do this draft? But I can’t tell you how surprised I was to see our draft. Top shelf and everyone deserves congratulations. 

You know I call it like I see it and in this case I’m calling it a tremendous success. 

Now if marshmallow boy ( our soft incompetent QB whisperer HC)  doesn’t screw it up, we  are in a much better position for long term success. Jay- set the tone, we expect excellence, work their ***** off in practice and let O’Connell devise game plans and call plays. You and Manusky nod and stay out of the way. empower our DL and secondary coach to devise the D game plans and we have a chance for playoffs in year 1 and fat boy might also get to keep his job too. 

See you on hard knocks in a few weeks

Doc out and heading to the pub and bros I’ll have a shrimp on the barby for you if you get down this way. Just let me know before you come as my place is on in Queensland- the most beautiful beach in the world. 

cape-hillsborough1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq_JoIF7IRr8DyuKekOsF

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

watched this and it’s clear Jay had zero input on on draft decisions. I had heard he didn’t want Haskins but he’s also clueless on even current players injuries and status as well. This guy is a joke.  Really kind of feel bad they trot him out to talk about draft picks he obviously didn’t interact or select. Dead man walking? 

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

watched this and it’s clear Jay had zero input on on draft decisions. I had heard he didn’t want Haskins but he’s also clueless on even current players injuries and status as well. This guy is a joke.  Really kind of feel bad they trot him out to talk about draft picks he obviously didn’t interact or select. Dead man walking? 

I don't think anyone else got that impression, perhaps it's just you don't like Jay which has been the case since Day 1 of his hire.

Go read, watch Haskins’ interview and he talks about how him and Jay had a great discussion after Haskins’ pro day. When you listen to Haskins, it's pretty clear that Jay liked what he saw and heard from Haskins in the interview.

Edited by turtle28

@turtle28 you may be right- my bias may be overwhelming me since every time I see his face or even hear his voice it makes me sick as I think how this team would do with David Shaw,  Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, as our HC. Even that crazed Harbaugh. Men that are preeminent football coaches. But we have a legacy booger eating brother as our head chef and we are giving him gourmet ingredients and let’s see how he prepares the meal or if anyone wants to eat it 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I would be curious how they differentiate between OG/C and DT/NT and DE/LB. Is it what the teams announced the pick to be? Is it something NFL.com determined? Also, kind of odd that they lumped DBs and LBs together, but split out the the linemen. How many ILBs vs OLBs were taking? What about CB vs S?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Woz said:

I would be curious how they differentiate between OG/C and DT/NT and DE/LB. Is it what the teams announced the pick to be? Is it something NFL.com determined? Also, kind of odd that they lumped DBs and LBs together, but split out the the linemen. How many ILBs vs OLBs were taking? What about CB vs S?

I agree, really weird. If they can break down the c/g and DE/DT/NT, why wouldn't they do it for CB/S and ILB/OLB