#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

Why don't teams just give Draymond ANYTHING outside of 12 feet? I am serious. Teams already generally play pretty loose on him, but I am saying just DARE him to shoot. He is trash on wide open jumpers, and not big or athletic enough be very scary attacking the basket with space to run. I'd love to see such a disrespectful approach. Have his defender solely patrol paint, perimeter defenders all play up tight and welcome driving into their big. By no means fool proof, but it surprises me he doesn't get that kind of pure disrespect when he's sharing the floor with the likes of Steph, Klay and KD. If anything it'd get him benched, no NBA player can resist wide open shots, which is a plus to get him not on defense.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why don't teams just give Draymond ANYTHING outside of 12 feet? I am serious. Teams already generally play pretty loose on him, but I am saying just DARE him to shoot. He is trash on wide open jumpers, and not big or athletic enough be very scary attacking the basket with space to run. I'd love to see such a disrespectful approach. Have his defender solely patrol paint, perimeter defenders all play up tight and welcome driving into their big. By no means fool proof, but it surprises me he doesn't get that kind of pure disrespect when he's sharing the floor with the likes of Steph, Klay and KD. If anything it'd get him benched, no NBA player can resist wide open shots, which is a plus to get him not on defense.

If they play the Bucks in the Finals, we'll leave him open, that's a guarantee. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They do. Draymond penetrates a lot of the time and forces a defender to take him.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If they play the Bucks in the Finals, we'll leave him open, that's a guarantee. 

It's not a novel strategy. He'll catch the ball and either wing a pass to somebody else or drive himself and dish or try to score. That's how he gets so many assists.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They do but he always goes into a driblle handoff with Klay or Curry and they get wide open shots because of it.

Fu*kin heart of a champion type of 4th quarter.

Draymond is just that dude. Flawed? Sure, but so much heart and makes winning plays.

Curry played much better without KD, no surprise. 

Harden got so passive in the 4th quarter for some reason, especially in the last six minutes. I'll take it.

Gordon is still a problem for the Warriors in 4th quarters. Dude just keeps making tough shots.

On to the next one.......

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

They do but he always goes into a driblle handoff with Klay or Curry and they get wide open shots because of it.

But I like the way Tucker guarded this play where he just cut off KD from getting the ball (kinda like the Bucks guard Harden but off the ball) cause people are in the paint anyways protecting the backcut

Archived