#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh, basketball is about match-ups? No way!  You mean like how Golden State didn't have to worry about a single player besides LeBron backing down from the left wing and jacking up 40+ shots a game?  I'm sure Kyrie and Love wouldn't have made any difference with Golden State having to match-up.

The Warriors had just done it.  I don't need to provide anything because you haven't.  Cleveland still won that series even after Green came back.  Why would he make a difference in game 5 if he didn't swing either games 6 or 7?  All I have to say is LeBron and Kyrie at the peak of their powers.

There’s this thing called defense just so you know. It works both ways, yes those players around LeBron didn’t have to do much offensively but they sure were geared to try and slow down GS defensively. If Love and Kyrie are there, yes the Cavs are much better offensively but they are also much worse defensively against the best offense in the league. Simple as that. And I also don’t buy Kevin love being effective vs GS tbh. He was never somebody who had a notable impact vs the Warriors.

Because once gS lost game 5, the momentum swung and Cleveland got to go home and win a game. And playing on your home floor matters. And again, I said Draymond being out was a reason for them losing the series it weren’t THE reason. Warriors had no business losing that series. 

9 hours ago, showtime said:

Gordon and Capela were very meh.  Disappointing.  Harden didn't shoot all that great from the floor, but he can live with it.  Paul played well.

Gordon scored 50 pts in games 3 and 4 in Houston. In this home game he had 9 pts. What is it about playing at home in a big game that puts the lid on the Houston basket? It's sposed to be the other way around. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Bro, coming back from 3-1 luck isn’t due greatness. I mean you need greatness to overcome it but you do need a bunch of luck. After 4 games, they didn’t get outplayed. 5-7? Sure. So many things had to go against the Warriors in that series for Cavs to win. Steph being hobbled, Iggy hobbled, Draymond out game 5. Then their only other rim protector getting injured too. Harrison Barnes not being able to make open shots. Were the Warriors somewhat lucky that Kyrie didn’t play in 2015? Yeah but i think the Warriors win that series regardless. 

Again, calling it luck is stupid. After game 2 the Cavs started to out play the Warriors. Even in game 4 that that the Warriors won, Cavs were in control of much of that game. You can't just say the Warriors were "somewhat" lucky that Kyrie f'n Irving and Kevin Love missed those series but you think the Warriors would still win. Cavs were clearly a tough match up and played them even for two years in the finals. LBJ/Irving were on another level from games 5-7 and their defense was much better once they put Jefferson on Green and Love on Barnes. 2017 would have been another 50/50 series if KD wasn't there and the Warriors ran it back with the same team. Just no answer for LBJ/Irving. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

The 2017 Cavs too. They were up 6 with under 2 minutes to go in game 3 and then missed like 8 straight shots, including some layups by both Kyrie and LeBron. I remember in the 2nd quarter of game 5 too they were making a run (I think up like 8-10) when LeBron had that fast break dunk and Durant should have been called for his 3rd foul, which would have put him out the rest of the half and completely changed that game.

The 2017 Cavs offense was insanely good. That was another 50/50 series on its way with no KD. 

11 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Aaaand that's why KD will never get the respect he feels he deserves. The Warriors are 30-4 without him lol. They are and will always be Steph's team. KD absolutely needs to go elsewhere if he wants to better his legacy.

KD is going to leave regardless, but don't get it twisted. Just because they could beat a mentally weak team like the Rockets doesn't mean they would beat the team that comes out of the East, likely the Bucks without KD. Heck, even Raptors/76ers could be the favorites without KD. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, calling it luck is stupid. After game 2 the Cavs started to out play the Warriors. Even in game 4 that that the Warriors won, Cavs were in control of much of that game. You can't just say the Warriors were "somewhat" lucky that Kyrie f'n Irving and Kevin Love missed those series but you think the Warriors would still win. Cavs were clearly a tough match up and played them even for two years in the finals. LBJ/Irving were on another level from games 5-7 and their defense was much better once they put Jefferson on Green and Love on Barnes. 2017 would have been another 50/50 series if KD wasn't there and the Warriors ran it back with the same team. Just no answer for LBJ/Irving. 

Wait how were they in control in game 4? That was a close back and forth game til the warriors pulled away late. Fine, the Warriors weren’t lucky because I think they would’ve won in 2015 with or without Kyrie and Love. I never said mthe Warriors would’ve destroyed them in either 2015 or 2016. I said they would’ve won both years imo. All I’m saying that in 2016 the Cavs were lucky and that a lot went in their favour for them to comeback because teams never really lose up 3-1 particularly with home court advantage 

barnes couldn’t hit why open shots, I’m not giving Love that credit. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait how were they in control in game 4? That was a close back and forth game til the warriors pulled away late. Fine, the Warriors weren’t lucky because I think they would’ve won in 2015 with or without Kyrie and Love. I never said mthe Warriors would’ve destroyed them in either 2015 or 2016. I said they would’ve won both years imo. All I’m saying that in 2016 the Cavs were lucky and that a lot went in their favour for them to comeback because teams never really lose up 3-1 particularly with home court advantage 

barnes couldn’t hit why open shots, I’m not giving Love that credit. 

Barnes not hitting any shots means exactly what? Dude choked hard at the end of the series, doesn't make Cleveland lucky. That's like saying SA was lucky Harden choked so hard in game 6 or the Mavs were lucky LeBron choked. Huh? 

Well, teams don't ever lose 3-1 leads in the finals period. LIS, the titles between the two teams were properly 1-1 after 2016. Both teams dealt with injuries and in GS case a suspension, but they were equally matched teams. Warriors had plenty of chances in game 7 to close the deal but couldn't. It is what it is. That was a damn good Cavs team regardless of how much you want to downplay them and say they were "lucky."

LMAO, so Steph wanted to shoot from 7-8 PM yesterday and CP3 found out so he showed up and had Steph kicked off the court and didn't let him shoot. What a clown. No wonder after the game the Warriors players were going off on him. Steph that quiet assassin that ends up getting his payback one way or another. Did it against OKC in 2016 when KD/Westbrook clowned his defense. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Barnes not hitting any shots means exactly what? Dude choked hard at the end of the series, doesn't make Cleveland lucky. That's like saying SA was lucky Harden choked so hard in game 6 or the Mavs were lucky LeBron choked. Huh? 

Well, teams don't ever lose 3-1 leads in the finals period. LIS, the titles between the two teams were properly 1-1 after 2016. Both teams dealt with injuries and in GS case a suspension, but they were equally matched teams. Warriors had plenty of chances in game 7 to close the deal but couldn't. It is what it is. That was a damn good Cavs team regardless of how much you want to downplay them and say they were "lucky."

No Harden and LeBron refused to shoot and were careless with the ball totally in their control. It’s not like they started missing shots that they normally make. Barnes couldn’t hit a wide open look. If he was just bad he would’ve been helpful but he was useless. Disagree wholeheartedly they were equally matched teams. They were a damn good Cavs team but the Warriors were an all time great team. LIS, Steph already being hobbled, Iggy being hobbled, Draymond suspension, Bogut injury whilst Draymond suspended. And Harrison Barnes refusing to make any open shots. They all played a role. It goes without saying that the Cavs were more than good enough to take advantage.

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

KD is going to leave regardless, but don't get it twisted. Just because they could beat a mentally weak team like the Rockets doesn't mean they would beat the team that comes out of the East, likely the Bucks without KD. Heck, even Raptors/76ers could be the favorites without KD. 

It really doesn't matter what the outcome this year, assuming KD returns from injury which it sounds like he will. He went to one of the greatest teams of all time, and they win like 90% of the time without him. Not saying KD isn't great. Just saying if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Lebron, Kobe, and MJ, he's going to have to do something a little more challenging.

Archived