NUMBER 155 OVERALL LB MACK WILSON ALABAMA

brownie man

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Also, those who see Schobert being gone are those who don't want to pay him 5/$60 mil and have some faith in our drafting (yes, Mack Wilson does indeed have a great shot of starting sooner than some are thinking, and if he looks great early...2020 2nd from a bad team, here we come).  Schobert turns 28 in 2019 and will be looking for an extension this year.  If we want to go the franchise route next year, that is understandable though risks getting the old 3rd rounder for him because he'll be on the tag (we would get one more season out of him first, though) and will be 28.4 years old when the draft comes around, pretty old for an LB on the tag who we're trying to maximize value from.  That is what posters who are talking about him going are seeing.  We just drafted two guys that could end up long-term starters and have Avery too.  It looks like we're the Patriots with Jamie Collins.

If Schobert does in fact ask for $60 mil then I completely understand, but I really don’t think he will. 

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If Schobert does in fact ask for $60 mil then I completely understand, but I really don’t think he will. 

Unless we extend him now, and he will take what the market offers, I'd say it will be over 30 guaranteed and over 50 million over 4 years

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Jaylon, Roquan and Zach Brown are not better and are at least comparable to Schobert.

I think Roquan will be than Schobert in year 2.  Zach Brown was PFF’s like 3rd highest rated LB, for whatever that’s not worth.  I’m not gonna pretend I broke down game tape of every LB....

Hes definitely top 10. Why shouldn’t he ask for top 10 money. He fits Wilks’ scheme perfectly also.

Oh I get that and won’t hate on him one bit if he does, I’m just not sure this front office will value an off ball LB that highly.  There draft picks this year certainly seem to indicate they’d at least like the option to take a pass on paying him.

Why the hate? You guys are so weird.

No hate at all, he’s a good player, but he’s not an elite MLB that you just can’t replace and if he chooses to test FA will likely be paid like one, especially if he has another good year.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I think a contract similar to Ogletree or Wagner is warranted. 40 mil and 20 guaranteed. That’s top 10 money and fair for his play.

He is such better than kirksey, and Collins, if i were scho I'd take nothing less than 4 years 55-60 unless the browns want to extend this year  and boost pay. 

But i doubt the browns really want to do that as we are not cap healthy atm, with roll over this year we will be at 50 million. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I think a contract similar to Ogletree or Wagner is warranted. 40 mil and 20 guaranteed. That’s top 10 money and fair for his play.

*confers with Dorsey*

Yeah, Schobert is probably not taking 4/$40 mil--way below the top-tier market--unless he looks average this year, which would then make us not want to pay him. Also, if that happens we probably let him walk (not worth the giant tag, most likely at that point) and then get a 4th rounder comp around pick 138 (read: jack squat) for him when someone else pays him 4/$40 mil.  If we think he's gonna get 5/$60 mil--$30 mil guaranteed--why not plan to move on?  That is really all that is being said.  And honestly next year he might even be aiming at more.

LB is a position where if a guy all of a sudden has a bad year, his value can seriously plummet.

All that said, if he wants 4/$40 mil, sure, extend him.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*confers with Dorsey*

Yeah, Schobert is probably not taking 4/$40 mil--way below the top-tier market--unless he looks average this year, which would then make us not want to pay him. Also, if that happens we probably let him walk (not worth the giant tag, most likely at that point) and then get a 4th rounder comp around pick 138 (read: jack squat) for him when someone else pays him 4/$40 mil.  If we think he's gonna get 5/$60 mil--$30 mil guaranteed--why not plan to move on?  That is really all that is being said.  And honestly next year he might even be aiming at more.

LB is a position where if a guy all of a sudden has a bad year, his value can seriously plummet.

The only chance is if joe doesnt want to risk the season and we extend early for a discount like Duke johnson last year. 

Bump his pay to 7 million from 3 this year and then go 4 years 44 after this year. Works for both parties. 

If he is a top 5 lb we want to keep him, if he is top 10 we want him to walk imo

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*confers with Dorsey*

I’m all for having a plan in place and it seems They did that with Mack. But between Schobert, kirksey, Randall, Tretter, TJ Carrie and Hubbard, I think we keep Schobert. Hopefully we can keep Randall also.

there are only 4 LB making 50+ mil. The next 3 are 45, 43, and 42. I can’t see Schobert asking for more than 40-45.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Everyone out here debating whether this spells the end of Schobert...

…@Mistabohmbastic out here playin chess while ya'll playin checkers, fantasizing about the thought of Sir Joseph mentoring a young Mack until the mentee surpasses the mentor before being jettisoned to grayer pastures.

tl;dr one vote for franchise & trade Joe for a 3rd in 2020.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I’m all for having a plan in place and it seems They did that with Mack. But between Schobert, kirksey, Randall, Tretter, TJ Carrie and Hubbard, I think we keep Schobert. Hopefully we can keep Randall also.

there are only 4 LB making 50+ mil. The next 3 are 45, 43, and 42. I can’t see Schobert asking for more than 40-45.

4/$45 mil or 5/$60 mil kinda tomato-tomawto.

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is such better than kirksey, and Collins, if i were scho I'd take nothing less than 4 years 55-60 unless the browns want to extend this year  and boost pay. 

But i doubt the browns really want to do that as we are not cap healthy atm, with roll over this year we will be at 50 million. 

still pretty healthy.  you'll get an extra 10 or so from natural growth.  7 from kirksey, 7 from carrie, 3 maybe from chris smith, 3m from duke, 5m from morgan burnett, 2.7 from adarius taylor, 2.5 from kendall lamm

• Like 2