> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

Did a mock on TDN and I think I'd cry if this happened....

21 - Jerry Jeudy WR (Jefferson taken before him... lol)

53 - Ashtyn Davis S (Underrated... hope he's there if we still have this pick)

103 - Nick Harris C (Kelce successor baby!)

127 - Quartney Davis WR (slot... thought about taking Edwards or Van Jefferson at 103)

145 - James Morgan QB (I haven't really watched him, but I know he fits what we like and is one of the top developmental QBs)

146 - Reggie Robinson II (CB with size and athleticism to develop)

168 - AJ Dillon RB (Powerful back for short yardage to pair with Sanders and Scott)

190 - Antonio Gandy-Golden WR (Thought about a slot corner but those are easier to find and I knew Jeezla would be disappointed)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If it is Jefferson doe.......

I wouldn't be thrilled......... but I'd be less disappointed than when we took Barnett (please take a significant step this year)

I think we can clearly see where he wins like I hard time seeing him busting and not being at least a good slot that can play a bit at the Z too.

Don't love the fit right now since it would probably mean less Goedert and I need more of that in my life.

Plus, slot receivers are easier to find and this class will offer us some options for that at picks #103 and/or #127.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wouldn't be thrilled......... but I'd be less disappointed than when we took Barnett (please take a significant step this year)

I think we can clearly see where he wins like I hard time seeing him busting and not being at least a good slot that can play a bit at the Z too.

Don't love the fit right now since it would probably mean less Goedert and I need more of that in my life.

Plus, slot receivers are easier to find and this class will offer us some options for that at picks #103 and/or #127.

My thing with Jefferson is he clearly excels from inside. Trying to force him outside would be the same thing we did with Nelly. We're run n the highest rate of 12 personnel in the nfl so we really don't have space for a slot guy.

At the same time I think hes a really good slot prospect and has upside in that regard. 

Good prospect but not the best fit for this team the way it's currently built.

Yeah I mean I think Jefferson will be a really good slot WR, I just don't think he's what we need right now. He'd be an upgrade for sure and would give us the best slot in the division (if that's a thing?)...I guess he can be a potential #1 ala Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas as they play a lot of slot too. I share the exact same sentiment in that we can find quality slot options up and down this draft class though. He is more of a luxury pick it feels like idk.

1 minute ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

My thing with Jefferson is he clearly excels from inside. Trying to force him outside would be the same thing we did with Nelly. We're run n the highest rate of 12 personnel in the nfl so we really don't have space for a slot guy.

At the same time I think hes a really good slot prospect and has upside in that regard. 

Good prospect but not the best fit for this team the way it's currently built.

You basically just repeated what I said.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I mean I think Jefferson will be a really good slot WR, I just don't think he's what we need right now. He'd be an upgrade for sure and would give us the best slot in the division (if that's a thing?)...I guess he can be a potential #1 ala Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas as they play a lot of slot too. I share the exact same sentiment in that we can find quality slot options up and down this draft class though. He is more of a luxury pick it feels like idk.

I see you with the avi!

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
Jefferson is cool, but not really what we need most and slots are easier to find. He feels like a luxury. For a team like the Saints or something he would make more sense.

But yeah....

11 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I guess its how you interpret the word scary,  because he could just mean uncomfortable and new.

Also, as a country boy from Texas, the only thing he has to go off of philly as a city is the way the nation media presents us, and that's not good. I understand the apprehension on his part

True

I don't think Jefferson is a luxury pick. He is a safe pick he has a really high floor. He doesn't currently fit right away this year but if the eagles move on from one of the tight ends and go back to more 11 personnel in the subsequent years it makes more sense.

I just think a lot of us want an immediate impact to the receiver position and slot receiver might not be where that's felt the most year 1.

25 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think Jefferson is a luxury pick. He is a safe pick he has a really high floor. He doesn't currently fit right away this year but if the eagles move on from one of the tight ends and go back to more 11 personnel in the subsequent years it makes more sense.

I just think a lot of us want an immediate impact to the receiver position and slot receiver might not be where that's felt the most year 1.

Jefferson has a high floor as a slot wr, but you just know we'd force him outside and he'll end up with like 40 catches for 500 yards and 3 td's. Meanwhile Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Mims, and Reagor are going off for 800 yards and 6 td's.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Jefferson has a high floor as a slot wr, but you just know we'd force him outside and he'll end up with like 40 catches for 500 yards and 3 td's.

right. The team will need to get rid of ertz before he can really show any real value.