> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Drafting Jefferson doesnt fill any void though. He is redundant in the offense and you would have to move things around to play up to his strengths.

So it's spending a first round pick, not getting one back so that your slot receiver is a wide receiver instead of a tight end. 

Benefits? 8 year younger slot receiver. maybe a yard more per reception IF jefferson lives up to his hype.

Losses? The drop off in value of spending pick 21 to what you can recoup for trading ertz. The risk of replacing a sure thing with an unknown. 

What will happen if we draft jefferson however is the eagles will keep both tight ends and then the coaches will be confused how to use him like they were with golden tate. 

Just because we’d potentially trade a TE doesn’t mean we draft Jefferson automatically. 

Trade TE, stay at 21, draft Fulton, draft Reagor, pick up slot with a 4th. Pick up Charles Clay for your 2nd TE or draft Moss. I mean, there’s multiple avenues. But trade a TE, pick up a 2nd. Turn 2nd into whatever; Reagor, use it as ammo to get OBJ, Yannick. But without outside WR effectiveness there’s no sense in running the two TE set. It’s a crap offense and it’s gonna get Carson killed. Like I’ve been saying, luxury we can’t afford. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Just because we’d potentially trade a TE doesn’t mean we draft Jefferson automatically. 

Trade TE, stay at 21, draft Fulton, draft Reagor, pick up slot with a 4th. Pick up Charles Clay for your 2nd TE or draft Moss. I mean, there’s multiple avenues. But trade a TE, pick up a 2nd. Turn 2nd into whatever; Reagor, use it as ammo to get OBJ, Yannick. But without outside WR effectiveness there’s no sense in running the two TE set. It’s a crap offense and it’s gonna get Carson killed. Like I’ve been saying, luxury we can’t afford. 

oh all the tight end trade talk was based on the pretense the eagles took jefferson. If they dont they wont trade him.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

oh all the tight end trade talk was based on the pretense the eagles took jefferson. If they dont they wont trade him.

Ah, well if Howie drafts Jefferson #1 we just burn the franchise down anyway. 

• Like 1

BIiiEUd.png

1. Trade down with the Saints who moved up for a CB.
    Miss out on Mims. So Howie takes the next best WR.
  2. Howie and Co love Murray and see him drop way further than they thought. 
    Decide to finally address the position with a 3 down guy who will help keep the run defense stout and stay on the field for 3rd downs.
    Either covering RBs or bringing extra pressure. I think IRL we could get a discount from the Panthers with a 2021 3rd + Rasul. or do this trade with one of the other Lawrence chasing teams.
  3. Bryan Edwards brings a great skillset and would play well of Reagor. All the top safeties were gone. So just double up early.
    Troy Pride Jr has a good athletic profile and was a much earlier pick if he came out the previous season based on play at least that's what I read ha).  
  4. Kenny Robinson kicks off the 4th round picks. Was draftable already and was good in the XFL. The in the box safety most of us draft, just way cheaper.
    Antonio Gibson is a nice pick because he can be your gadget guy and play WR. took like 70% of his snaps there last year. Could be used for the new motion elements we might be adding.
    Thadd Moss is a luxury pick. He has talent but is pretty raw. You take him now and be that 3rd TE we usually carry and develop him. In two years when we have to make a decision on Ertz and Goedert, you hopefully have a more developed Moss who can step into the #2 role.
  5. Nick Harris, not as tough as Kelce. But fis the same playstyle. If Kelce is leaving soon, makes sense to start developing guys.
  6. Durant adds some versatile depth to the OL, gets to play for his hometown.
    Would've like to have added a QB or RB with the last pick. But none were worth it and I think we can pull in UDFAs there.
    Tuszka is very much in the Schwartz mold of try hard DE. We need impact there but they go for another depth piece.

4 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

^^Really like Kenneth Murray. Sucks it doesn't seem possible to get him unless we move around like that.

When i did the draft on PFN i actually took him at #24 after we missed out on Mims and the CBs...but figured people would hate it so I swapped it.
Really like him too.

15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Again...Jefferson and Ertz would only help each other he did most of his work from intermediate to deep. Ertz works inside 10yds. Different levels.

would I trade Ertz yes his value wouldn’t be any higher

i can't find it but I saw a stat where jefferson had the lowest average air yards for passes caught for the guys in the draft this year.

So he doesn't stretch anything he's a dink and dunk guy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Again...Jefferson and Ertz would only help each other he did most of his work from intermediate to deep. Ertz works inside 10yds. Different levels.

would I trade Ertz yes his value wouldn’t be any higher

So what you want to trade Goedert then..?

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i can't find it but I saw a stat where jefferson had the lowest average air yards for passes caught for the guys in the draft this year.

So he doesn't stretch anything he's a dink and dunk guy

Funny I saw a Stat that said he lead the nation in explosive plays +15yds from the slot. 

39 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ruggs falls to 21 or Fulton?

Seems more likely that Fulton does, if by some miracle they're both there just take Ruggs, but I have to believe that if Ruggs makes it to 16 we'd trade up for him.