3 Brandon Aiyuk WR or Antonio Gandy-Golden WR
4 Darius Stills DT
4 Josh Jones OT
5 David Woodward LB
5 Bryce Sterk DE

6 Matt Hennessy C
6 Case Cookus QB

do you have jim being replaced? 

Giving Jim a player like simmons is like giving a guy a swiss army knife when he  only needed the tooth pick out of it.

Edited by ninjapirate

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

well giving him isaiah simmons seems like a waste then no?

Giving him anything seems like a waste, doesn't mean we won't do it. Plus Jim's not guaranteed to be here in 2-3 years, but we'd still have Simmons for our next DC.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Giving him anything seems like a waste, doesn't mean we won't do it. Plus Jim's not guaranteed to be here in 2-3 years, but we'd still have Simmons for our next DC.

there is also a lot of talk about him being against playing young guys. So meh we will see. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

there is also a lot of talk about him being against playing young guys. So meh we will see. 

It's more about getting a top 5 talent in the draft, period, regardless if our DC is Jim or Billy Davis or someone actually good.

Would you want Simmons on this team? Yes or no, straight up?

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Giving him anything seems like a waste, doesn't mean we won't do it.

as versatile of a piece he is, doesn't seem like the kinda pick Howie would make or like Ninja said the staff would use. Let alone move up for him.

If they would move up into the top 10, you'd figure it would be for a Qb (we good), OT (we're good). a stud DT, a DE or a CB. Maybe a WR if they are an trulio remarkable prospect...or we are in panic mode like we are now to find them.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

as versatile of a piece he is, doesn't seem like the kinda pick Howie would make or like Ninja said the staff would use. Let alone move up for him.

If they would move up into the top 10, you'd figure it would be for a Qb (we good), OT (we're good). a stud DT, a DE or a CB. Maybe a WR if they are an trulio remarkable prospect...or we are in panic mode like we are now to find them.

He's an LB that could cover WR's. He's an outlier, and you move up for outliers. I'm not saying we'd actually do it, this is more along the lines of a dream draft.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

He's an LB that could cover WR's. He's an outlier, and you move up for outliers. I'm not saying we'd actually do it, this is more along the lines of a dream draft.

gotcha, heard a lot of good stuff on him. Noticeable player when you watch stuff on other clemson guys, I can't say I've focused in on him too much being a first round LB...which seems like something we'll never have here...as much as a difference maker would be nice.

Scale of 1 to 10, if we did move up for a player, how likely do you think it would be for one of these players:

Okudah

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

gotcha, heard a lot of good stuff on him. Noticeable player when you watch stuff on other clemson guys, I can't say I've focused in on him too much being a first round LB...which seems like something we'll never have here...as much as a difference maker would be nice.

We probably never will, although supposedly we wanted Luke until the Panthers took him, and then we moved for Cox as plan B. Again, Simmons is more of a "If Jeezla was GM" pick, rather than a what I think the Eagles will actually do pick. And I haven't even watched much of Simmons tbh. I have no idea how he is at shedding blocks. By everything I've read though, he's a top 5 talent in the draft, and I want one of those, especially if it's a stud LB, which we never get to have, along with WR.

I'm cool with trading up for Simmons, Epenesa, Jeudy, Lamb, Delpit or Okudah. Or obviously Chase Young if by some miracle he slides by NYG and Washington.
If we stay at 15ish, I'm hoping for Ruggs, Shenault, Fulton, Kinlaw, or Wirfs. 

Edited by Jeezla

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
50 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We probably never will, although supposedly we wanted Luke until the Panthers took him, and then we moved for Cox as plan B. Again, Simmons is more of a "If Jeezla was GM" pick, rather than a what I think the Eagles will actually do pick. And I haven't even watched much of Simmons tbh. I have no idea how he is at shedding blocks. By everything I've read though, he's a top 5 talent in the draft, and I want one of those, especially if it's a stud LB, which we never get to have, along with WR.

I'm cool with trading up for Simmons, Epenesa, Jeudy, Lamb, Delpit or Okudah. Or obviously Chase Young if by some miracle he slides by NYG and Washington.
If we stay at 15ish, I'm hoping for Ruggs, Shenault, Fulton, Kinlaw, or Wirfs. 

Yeah Luke is like the only type I could see them doing it for, and they are pretty rare. I think intangibles would have to be all 8.5+/10 for them to pull the trigger.
Not sure where Simmons falls on that. I have heard like 85% good things on him. So would need to dig into it more.

I'd be down with those trade ups, Epenesa seemed to get some detractors this season, want to check what thats about. 

Kinlaw would be dope. We saw what happened this year with everyone getting hurt at DT. Kinlaw coming in and being a impact rotational guy in year 1 & 2...getting as much snaps as Malik...then taking over would sure that up really well. We need to develop an answer for the Cowboys offense. Two DTs that need double teamed would go a long way to killing that offense.
But there are plenty of other good options for improving this team elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trade
Alshon to Miami for a 6th round pick.
Trade Pick 15, Comp 4th, and 2020 2nd for Pick 9

FA
AJ Green WR
Robby Anderson WR
Mackensie Alexander CB
Tre Boston S

Draft
Isaiah Simmons LB
2 Jaylon Johnson CB or AJ Terrell CB
3 Antoine Winfield Jr. S or Hamsah Nasirildeen S
4 Darius Stills DT
4 Josh Jones OT
5 David Woodward LB
5 Bryce Sterk DE

6 Matt Hennessy C
6 Case Cookus QB

I love it, I love brandon aiyuk and I think he would be a great slot wr. I don’t know what they’re talking about a LB not being good enough in Jim’s scheme? Did anyone not watch the Minnesota game when we had Nigel and Kanu hurt we got roasted. Having someone like simmons who’s a great blitzing lb and can cover will allow him to run his joker scheme. I would love to see simmons and Avery as the two jokers. It’s time for the eagles to have a playmaker as a lb

Edited by DeSean Jackson
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I love it, I love brandon aiyuk and I think he would be a great slot wr. I don’t know what they’re talking about a LB not being good enough in Jim’s scheme? Did anyone not watch the Minnesota game when we had Nigel and Kanu hurt we got roasted. Having someone like simmons who’s a great blitzing lb and can cover will allow him to run his joker scheme. I would love to see simmons and Avery as the two jokers. It’s time for the eagles to have a playmaker as a lb

to best utilize simmons you need a creative defensive coordinator that would use him in interesting ways. Jim has never been accused of being creative. 

On 11/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, Jeezla said:

Trade
Alshon to Miami for a 6th round pick.
Trade Pick 15, Comp 4th, and 2020 2nd for Pick 9

FA
AJ Green WR
Robby Anderson WR
Mackensie Alexander CB
Tre Boston S

Draft
Isaiah Simmons LB
2 Jaylon Johnson CB or AJ Terrell CB
3 Antoine Winfield Jr. S or Hamsah Nasirildeen S
4 Darius Stills DT
4 Josh Jones OT
5 David Woodward LB
5 Bryce Sterk DE

6 Matt Hennessy C
6 Case Cookus QB

We can't really trade Alshon, too much cap penalty.
hate giving up a 2nd for a Linebacker.
Wouldn't be against having Green in Green, but I doubt it comes to fruition.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:07 AM, ninjapirate said:

to best utilize simmons you need a creative defensive coordinator that would use him in interesting ways. Jim has never been accused of being creative. 

We weren't creative with Jordan Hicks, but he still made our D better when he was out there. With your line of thinking we should trade Cox, since we aren't creative with him. We should just trade everyone good on D until we get a DC that can fully utilize the players we have to their absolute maximum potential.

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <