> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

No Byron Jones or Fuller? Peters scares me, seems so high variance on and off the field.

Peters is a gambler, can have dominant stretches and super cold ones. He’d be like a much better Darby in that regard.

But he is an ahole by every account. But sometimes you just need to deal with a guy like that.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah really hard to have an idea what they see. Would they just blow it all up  minus Carson and the super key pieces or are they going to try and salvage who they have and try again? Do they think we just focus on getting WR's CB's and LB's and and keep the same core or are they thinking their issues are deeper than that?

What will they decide with players like Alshon, DeSean, Malcolm, Bradham, McCleod will really be telling

IKR. How does he sell the idea of blowing it up to Lurie? Lurie got a taste of success I'm sure he wants the whole thing again. However huge contracts to a few individuals, some past there prime, a couple in their prime. Veterans I'm sure told to wait til the off-season. 

Injuries throughout, inconsistent play. What Howie decides could bring seasons like the team from Texas, 8-8 in consecutive years: Not a strong enough roster to contend, Not enough money to find the missing piece(s). Not enough leadership to push beyond those inconsistencies and limitations. 

Ah the turmoil...

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

IKR. How does he sell the idea of blowing it up to Lurie? Lurie got a taste of success I'm sure he wants the whole thing again. However huge contracts to a few individuals, some past there prime, a couple in their prime. Veterans I'm sure told to wait til the off-season. 

Injuries throughout, inconsistent play. What Howie decides could bring seasons like the team from Texas, 8-8 in consecutive years: Not a strong enough roster to contend, Not enough money to find the missing piece(s). Not enough leadership to push beyond those inconsistencies and limitations. 

Ah the turmoil...

You don't need to "blow it up". You need to have a mostly smooth turnover, while trimming the fat and ridding ourselves of any cancerous bits.

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Injuries throughout, inconsistent play.

Injuries have led to the inconsistent play, numerous penalties because they aren't on the same page.  That has been the Biggest Issue for 3 straight years! Including the SB Miracle when you look at the players missing from that game/roster.

Until we stop being Snake bit, our Roater really won't matter. Blowing it up, replacing a Dozen players won't really matter if 1/2 of them get hurt in 2020 too.

It's been a horrific run of bad luck season after season with injury. This year unfortunately might take the cake!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

You don't need to "blow it up". You need to have a mostly smooth turnover, while trimming the fat and ridding ourselves of any cancerous bits.

I agree it would be difficult to sell and do 

According to spotrac we will 7 guys taking up roughly 47% of your cap. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

I agree it would be difficult to sell and do 

According to spotrac we will 7 guys taking up roughly 47% of your cap. 

This offseason we can create roughly $8 Million a piece in cap by June1sting Malcolm and/or Nigel Bradham. Bradham would make more sense to boot frankly. Malcolm maybe if we have something in particular in mind we want to do. In 2021 off season, we can create $13M a piece in cap by June1sting Alshon/BG.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

This offseason we can create roughly $8 Million a piece in cap by June1sting Malcolm and/or Nigel Bradham. Bradham would make more sense to boot frankly. Malcolm maybe if we have something in particular in mind we want to do. In 2021 off season, we can create $13M a piece in cap by June1sting Alshon/BG.

I can totally see both as far as 2020...

On 12/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, Danger said:

I think Nigel has a team option. I think they can not pick up the option with no cap hit. I might be mistaken though 

Chris Jones - If Andy is dumb enough to let him leave. You know he and Cox are boys, and they would destroy interior OLs together. Almost zero chance he leaves KC though. 
AJ Green - AJ Green plus our training staff spells imminent doom, but maybe he comes here, stays healthy, and does some beautiful work with Wentz. I've always wanted to see him in an Eagles jersey, even if it's only 85% of what he was in his prime. He's definitely going to be on a new team next year. Might as well be ours.
Chris Harris - I think he's got 2 or 3 more strong years left, and he's still arguably the best slot cb in the nfl. He did get burnt today, but it was Tyreke.
Byron Jones - He's better than anything we got and entering what should be his prime years. Hell no if he wants to be the new highest paid CB though.
Clowney - He wanted to come here more than Seattle it seemed like? Maybe he'd give us a small discount? Probably not, but you never know.
Eli Apple - He's basically Ronald Darby, but he's an Eagles fan, and still young enough to get at least a little better. Maybe he'd give us the mama's boy hometown discount?
Justin Simmons - He's a pro bowl caliber young safety, but probably gets tagged. He'd by my #1 want if he isn't. Hits hard, tackles well, smart in zone, occasionally gets picks and young. Me want.
Robby Anderson - We lowball offered the Jets several times in failed attempts to trade for him. Now we can just sign him to be our new deep threat/pseudo #1 (If we don't sign Green) until we can get a true #1 aka Antonio Gandy-Golden.
Mackensie Alexander - Similar to Eli Apple in that he's basically an average starter, but still has some ceiling to reach with his age. He might get tagged or overpaid compared to how to good he actually is, but for the right price he could be our new slot CB.
Javon Hargrave - Probably gets tagged by Pitt, but like Chris Jones, I'd love to see him next to Cox. Stuffs the run and can rush the passer a bit. Still young and seems to get a little better each year.
Andrew Billings - Young, above average run defending DT.
Jordan Phillips - Mountain man DT with some athleticism. Has almost 8 sacks at 6'6", 340 lbs.
Tre Boston - Most of us wanted him last year

We definitely need to draft some LB's, because it's looking bleak outside of Schobert, who probably gets re-signed, tagged, or signed by an NFCE rival that actually values LB. There should be some solid FA options at WR, CB, DT, and maybe S. Because this team never drafts good WR's or CB's, we'll probably take Tyler Biadasz to replace a retiring kelce in round 1.

Who would you rather have in a rotation with Miles next year if you had to pick one of these guys?

A.J. Dillon
Zack Moss
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Chuba Hubbard

Also:
Who would you rather have?

Kristian Fulton or C.J. Henderson or Trevon Diggs?
Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell?
Jeff Gladney or Shaun Wade?
Shenault or Higgins or Ruggs?
Gabriel Davis or Denzel Mims or Antonio Gandy-Golden?
Reagor or Aiyuk?
Devin Duvernay or KJ Hamler?
Justin Jefferson or DeVonta Smith?
Isaiah Hodgins or Bryan Edwards or Michael Pittman Jr.?
Jordan Mack or Jordyn Brooks?
Kenneth Murray or Dylan Moses?
Antoine Winfield Jr. or Xavier McKinney?
Isiah Simmons at LB or Grant Delpit at S?
Curtis Weaver or Carlos Basham?
Hamsah Nasirildeen or Kyle Dugger?
Nick Harris or Matt Hennessy?

Edited by Jeezla