> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

29 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I don't know about the Michael thomas comparison, Higgins looks electric to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a sub 4.4 guy 

Aiyuk is a mid round pick IMO unless he flies at the combine. 

Duvernay looks like Golden Tate, a slower Golden Tate (LSU 2019) 

Higgins looks kinda like a high 4.4 guy to me. He might be a bit slower though, can't be sure as these are college defenders I'm using as a bit of reference.

If this happened how would you guys react?

1st) Ruggs

2nd) Aiyuk

3rd) Gandy Golden

Aiyuk will be the slot. I personally would love it. They compliment each other perfectly. I also hate JJ. So slow and his best skill carson doesn’t even utilize because he hates lobbing it up, I wish he would do it more like Russel Wilson does when he’s getting blitzed and can’t do anything else he just lobs it up for the wr to make the play. Jj is a waste of pick if carson is the Qb as he only throws the deep ball when they’re wide open, or tries to put it between the coverages in cover 2. It’s one of the things I hate about Wentz how he refuses to throw 50/50 balls.

Edited by DeSean Jackson

The WRs have given carson no confidence to throw a 50/50 ball to them thats the issue. They haven't been able to win 80/20 balls thrown to them. 

Im actually against a WR in the 1st unless Simmons, Delpit and Fulton are gone then im ok with trading down. I want a real Defensive Playmaker in the 1st. 

top 5 defensive players:

Simmons

Delpit

Fulton

Brown

Gross-Matos

Id rather trade up in the 2nd and secure Hamler, Who is more of a tyreek hill comparison IMO. And then go get Gandy golden in the 3rd or 4th. 

7 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The WRs have given carson no confidence to throw a 50/50 ball to them thats the issue. They haven't been able to win 80/20 balls thrown to them. 

Im actually against a WR in the 1st unless Simmons, Delpit and Fulton are gone then im ok with trading down. I want a real Defensive Playmaker in the 1st. 

top 5 defensive players:

Simmons

Delpit

Fulton

Brown

Gross-Matos

Id rather trade up in the 2nd and secure Hamler, Who is more of a tyreek hill comparison IMO. And then go get Gandy golden in the 3rd or 4th. 

Don’t hate the thought, we need playmakers everywhere. I’d be floored if we took Simmons. Even if Jim wasn’t the DC anymore.

i like Hamler, but he doesn’t have quite the speed to be a Tyreek. There are plenty of WRs to like beyond the early ones. We just need one that can catch a ball and do something with it.

Its why I’m big on CeeDee for us, he is one of the more dangerous ones in getting a short to intermediate pass, which is what Doug seems to call, and does things with it. I don’t have the faith of getting a guy like Higgins, and them properly scheming up plays to take advantage of that Tall long striding vertical threat, or even Jeudy’s game.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How anybody's focus is on any other positions other than CB and WR for this upcoming draft blows my mind.

I think everyone sees what our beloved Eagles have been trotting out there week to week. We also know several teams could be looking at WR just like us. I’m not sure there’s 3 CBs that are for sure 1st round picks. 

I honestly think pass rushing DL is a need as well with Schwartz as DC. If there’s no rush it doesn’t matter who is playing CB 

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How anybody's focus is on any other positions other than CB and WR for this upcoming draft blows my mind.

LB and S could use an overhaul, and no sane person thinks we're actually just going to draft 4 wr's and 4 cb's. I like knowing who we're getting, regardless of position, and knowing who our rivals are taking. I'm praying we draft a good LB, and LB is my fave position to scout, so I'm gonna scout the hell out of these LB's. I also think we need another DT, instead of trotting out the broken remnants of Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan next year to line up beside Fletch.

Edited by Jeezla

20 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

If this happened how would you guys react?

1st) Ruggs

2nd) Aiyuk

3rd) Gandy Golden

Aiyuk will be the slot. I personally would love it. They compliment each other perfectly. I also hate JJ. So slow and his best skill carson doesn’t even utilize because he hates lobbing it up, I wish he would do it more like Russel Wilson does when he’s getting blitzed and can’t do anything else he just lobs it up for the wr to make the play. Jj is a waste of pick if carson is the Qb as he only throws the deep ball when they’re wide open, or tries to put it between the coverages in cover 2. It’s one of the things I hate about Wentz how he refuses to throw 50/50 balls.

I'd prefer this:

1) Simmons LB or Delpit S
2) Aiyuk WR
3) Gandy-Golden WR
3)  Antoine Winfield Jr. S or David Woodward LB
4) Lynn Bowden Jr. WR/RB

But I'd be pretty happy with Ruggs, Aiyuk, and Golden. At least one of them has to end up being really good or great, right? Hopefully we signed 2 good cb's in FA.

Edited by Jeezla

I am biased as PSU fan, but Hamler is electric. After missing out on Godwin and Allen Robinson, would like to finally grab a PSU WR. 

Looking back at that 2004 draft... we took Marcus Smith over:

Allen Robinson

DaVante Adams

Jarvis Landry

Ooops....

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <