> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

Shenault - Colorado - reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson of the Bears with better ball skills. Big, tough yac, just get the ball in his hands. Interested if he runs I'm thinking 4.5-4.6.   

Pittman Jr. - USC - size is intriguing, I need to see other routes, everything seems to be a vert. Good ball skills, physical (should be his dad was a workout freak). Mike Evans type  

Higgins - Clemson - probably my favorite WR in the draft. Fluid, burst, potential, ball skills, young Moss (I know)

T. Johnson - Minnesota - coached against him, ball skills, competitor, route runner, Mohammed Sanu 

Gandy-Golden - Liberty - natural hands, balls skills, catch radius, I need to see more than play-action throw it up from film. Ball skills are comparable to a Fitz all hands 

Edited by nlesthought

For what it's worth, I am a firm believe that we could have Ray Lewis and Luke Keuchly, Darrelle Revis and Jalen Ramsey, and we wouldn't see LB/CB play improve at all so long as we have Jim Schwartz, sometimes his defense works well enough, but with the way he goes about things, it doesn't matter who lines up playing in those places.

Relying solely on your front 4 can create problems, being vanilla and obvious in your blitzes will create problems. 

HOWEVER, you have to admit Mills, Darby and co. aren't as talented as Revis/Ramsey so that probably limits Schwartz in the things that he can do or chooses not to do. 

I thought Darby was a press guy when we first got him...he's not that, ok off man HELLZ naw. Injuries and scheme have made him beatable. 

Mills was a 7th rounder not just because of the off-field stuff but because his COD is trash his ability to stay phased in/out of breaks is SUS. 

9 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Shenault - Colorado - reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson of the Bears with better ball skills. Big, tough yac, just get the ball in his hands. Interested if he runs I'm thinking 4.5-4.6.   

Pittman Jr. - USC - size is intriguing, I need to see other routes, everything seems to be a vert. Good ball skills, physical (should be his dad was a workout freak). Mike Evans type  

Higgins - Clemson - probably my favorite WR in the draft. Fluid, burst, potential, ball skills, young Moss (I know)

T. Johnson - Minnesota - coached against him, ball skills, competitor, route runner, Mohammed Sanu 

Gandy-Golden - Liberty - natural hands, balls skills, catch radius, I need to see more than play-action throw it up from film. Ball skills are comparable to a Fitz all hands 

Shenault supposedly runs in the 4.4's, but supposedly so did Courtland Sutton, and Sutton ran 4.54 at the combine. I think he'll run between 4.48 and 4.52. He looks a tiny bit faster than Sutton.

Higgins reminds me of college Michael Thomas, but faster. I'm not against taking him if Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone. I like him a little more than Laviska.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Gandy-Golden at the Senior Bowl against some fast cb's. Same goes for Aiyuk and Duvernay. Duvernay supposedly can run in the 4.2's, and he's built like Deebo Samuel. Aiyuk reminds me of DJ Moore.

Edited by Jeezla

11 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Relying solely on your front 4 can create problems, being vanilla and obvious in your blitzes will create problems. 

HOWEVER, you have to admit Mills, Darby and co. aren't as talented as Revis/Ramsey so that probably limits Schwartz in the things that he can do or chooses not to do. 

I thought Darby was a press guy when we first got him...he's not that, ok off man HELLZ naw. Injuries and scheme have made him beatable. 

Mills was a 7th rounder not just because of the off-field stuff but because his COD is trash his ability to stay phased in/out of breaks is SUS. 

If we get rid of Schwartz and go with a zone defensive coordinator I think Rasul and Sidney Jones can thrive in that. I don’t think there’s been a year in Jim’s entire coaching career his secondary was ranked in the top 15. The reason for that is he always plays single high leaving the outside wide open and the corners on an island when our corners aren’t reliable in one on one situations. He emphasis stopping the run which he does well by moving the safety into the box. But I think his scheme is starting to get dated as he barely changed it since he started coaching. Being simple and having our players beat the opposing team isn’t working when our team isn’t that talented. He needs to be more creative and he’s too stubborn to realize that. I think Dan Quinn will be a good hire, Gus Bradley if anthony Lynn gets fired, obviously Ron Rivera is a dream but is it worth it if he will probably got poached a year after ? Also, oc needs to be changed I would like to go with John deflippo if we don’t make him Qb coach again. Wentz was great under him and I think he’s a good offensive mind, just not as good as a play caller which is fine since we have doug.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Howie should go in to the first with the mind he’s getting one of the top 3 wrs. I would trade up all the way up for jeudy if he falls past 6. 

I think CeeDee is the best fit for us out of the bunch, likely won’t have a chance to get him or Jeudy without a trade though you’re right.

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We can not draft Pittman, isn't he another big body "basketball box out" type WR? PLUS USC? Trauma from JJAW and Agholor is too recent for that kind of pick. 

If he's not running <4.4, I'm not interested. We need to go full Al Davis this class for our skill guys and prioritize athletes with speed. 

Have to agree. If we're going WR in the 2nd I want Reagor or Hamler. If Jeudy or Lamb fall to us in the first well... BPA. Ruggs I could get behind in the first.

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Shenault supposedly runs in the 4.4's, but supposedly so did Courtland Sutton, and Sutton ran 4.54 at the combine. I think he'll run between 4.48 and 4.52. He looks a tiny bit faster than Sutton.

Higgins reminds me of college Michael Thomas, but faster. I'm not against taking him if Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone. I like him a little more than Laviska.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Gandy-Golden at the Senior Bowl against some fast cb's. Same goes for Aiyuk and Duvernay. Duvernay supposedly can run in the 4.2's, and he's built like Deebo Samuel. Aiyuk reminds me of DJ Moore.

I don't know about the Michael thomas comparison, Higgins looks electric to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a sub 4.4 guy 

Aiyuk is a mid round pick IMO unless he flies at the combine. 

Duvernay looks like Golden Tate, a slower Golden Tate (LSU 2019) 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <