Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, beekay414 said:

Now MJF? I ******* love MJF. You put the strap on MJF and I'm in. Same goes for my boy Eddie. Give Eddie a hardcore run as the champ and watch him shine.

You catch his promo tonight? Dude is about to kick off a career defining angle.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now MJF? I ******* love MJF. You put the strap on MJF and I'm in. Same goes for my boy Eddie. Give Eddie a hardcore run as the champ and watch him shine.

Yea but as great as one man can be on his own, you still need that foil for him to overcome. It’s a tale as old as time.

And like him or not (I know im not changing your mind), if they make the slow turn with Punk and now maybe FTR as the “establishment” WWE guys for MJF to overcome and complete that Loooong form storytelling, nothing would be as epic as that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea but as great as one man can be on his own, you still need that foil for him to overcome. It’s a tale as old as time.

And like him or not (I know im not changing your mind), if they make the slow turn with Punk and now maybe FTR as the “establishment” WWE guys for MJF to overcome and complete that Loooong form storytelling, nothing would be as epic as that. 

He should've overcame Punk in their feud then and took the belt of Page himself. The only reason Punk has the title now is because Punk wanted the title and that's probably how AEW got him to come back. They took the belt off an organic star to put it on a narcissist that can't stay out of the limelight. I ******* hate Punk with a passion for more reasons than wrestling. LIS before, the best thing he ever did was get his *** handed to him in the UFC. That should show you my disdain for Punk. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He should've overcame Punk in their feud then and took the belt of Page himself. The only reason Punk has the title now is because Punk wanted the title and that's probably how AEW got him to come back. They took the belt off an organic star to put it on a narcissist that can't stay out of the limelight. I ******* hate Punk with a passion for more reasons than wrestling. LIS before, the best thing he ever did was get his *** handed to him in the UFC. That should show you my disdain for Punk. 

I mean if we’re being honest, Page has been floundering since he won the belt. I’d say he’s been fine, but the title picture has been pretty uninteresting since Kenny has been gone. 

And while I agree, seeing Punk get whooped in real fighting was great, I also wont just turn my nose up at his value in a wrestling promotion. You’re allowed to have your feelings/takes, but not only are you in the vast-vast minority here, you’re likely about to miss what is sure to be one hell of a run for MJF, as Punk figures to feature heavily in it.

If you look past you’re hatred for him, you might be able to pick up on the first part of his AEW run (the coming back for the “right reasons”) was the first set up in a long term heel turn that seemed nothing short of impossible just a few months ago

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He should've overcame Punk in their feud

i see what you're saying but the way you're saying things it sounds like you think punk got the shine and went over mjf in that whole program, when really that program laid the backbone for setting up the punk being fake but only being seen for what he is by the aew og guys (which i know you don't give a **** about you don't have to tell me again) and then setting the mjf/wardlow thing where wardlow now looks incredible and has been one of the best programs in building a guy i can think of in a while; while also leaving that program somewhat unresolved, where it can be revisited and feel like a really organic continuation now that mjf is kinda going down the path punk went down as he exited wwe 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i see what you're saying but the way you're saying things it sounds like you think punk got the shine and went over mjf in that whole program, when really that program laid the backbone for setting up the punk being fake but only being seen for what he is by the aew og guys (which i know you don't give a **** about you don't have to tell me again) and then setting the mjf/wardlow thing where wardlow now looks incredible and has been one of the best programs in building a guy i can think of in a while; while also leaving that program somewhat unresolved, where it can be revisited and feel like a really organic continuation now that mjf is kinda going down the path punk went down as he exited wwe 

I agree. The way they've handled the booking of MJF/Punk/Wardlow since the Punk vs. MJF feud started has been the best thing in wrestling.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If I can ***** about something AEW has done, it's taking the TNT title off Miro and putting it on the **** they've put it on afterwards. 

Did Miro take time away and that's why they took it off him?

At the time it felt cool for Sammy but yeah in hindsight that was an awful move. He took a ton of time off after that. Not sure why. AEW has had a lot of mishaps. They've shelved Darby for mediocre ex-WWE guys. The Hardy's laughably beat the Bucks at DoN. Tony keeps signing more and more solid talent when the roster was already fine. Rosa has been a lame champ.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If I can ***** about something AEW has done, it's taking the TNT title off Miro and putting it on the **** they've put it on afterwards. 

Did Miro take time away and that's why they took it off him?

miro is among my least favorite guys in the company lol. altho his new character thing he's doing tonight is probably better than the gamer guy gimmick or whatever the **** non-character **** he was doing before was 

miro
lance archer 
christian cage
keith lee
luchasaurus 
private party
matt sydal
satnam singh
scorpio sky
toni storm
tay conti
serena deeb
ruby soho

all folks i'd be cool with not seeing on tv for a long while. miro might be better now tho. go get lana and have him stop talking again imo