Sign in to follow this  
kurgan

Way, way to early draft needs 2020

Most of you are too young but I remember Troy’s first year and if this forum was around everyone would be calling him a wasted trade and pick, we can only hope Edmunds develops the same. Maybe it’s my older age, but I don’t put much emphasis on someone’s first year anymore. Let’s see what this year looks like and then see if he’s a bust. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

He will get his chance because colbert doesn't want to admit he was wrong.  

57 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I'm not "so sure"

It seems like you are. 

1 hour ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Most of you are too young but I remember Troy’s first year and if this forum was around everyone would be calling him a wasted trade and pick, we can only hope Edmunds develops the same. Maybe it’s my older age, but I don’t put much emphasis on someone’s first year anymore. Let’s see what this year looks like and then see if he’s a bust. 

Troy flashed a lot his rookie year, but he was the backup rookie S on a lousy team featuring Tommy pop-gun Maddox. Many were disappointed after getting rid of Flowers that Troy didn't start and play more. After the season, they fired DC Tim Lewis and they named Polamalu the starter for 2004.

Edmunds played okay as a rookie, but I think he was forced into playing by the injury to Burnett. There really wasn't another option.