Jump to content
swede700

2020 Draft Talk

Recommended Posts

Unless an OT falls I think we're going to go Corner and WR if we keep both first rounders. 

 

I'm thinking Fulton if he's there, and then Mims or Reagor. We're obviously comfortable with Reiff right now, when hes healthy he is solid. O'Neill is a stud. 2nd round you hope there's an interior lineman there you can plug in and play/compete with Dozier and Elflein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, moss_is_1 said:

Unless an OT falls I think we're going to go Corner and WR if we keep both first rounders. 

 

I'm thinking Fulton if he's there, and then Mims or Reagor. We're obviously comfortable with Reiff right now, when hes healthy he is solid. O'Neill is a stud. 2nd round you hope there's an interior lineman there you can plug in and play/compete with Dozier and Elflein. 

I really don't want Reagor in the first. I would much prefer Mims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cringe at the thought of using a 1st on a wide receiver. Especially in such a deep draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SemperFeist said:

I cringe at the thought of using a 1st on a wide receiver. Especially in such a deep draft. 

This is how I feel as well.  Unless there's a historic run of receivers in the first round, it would be prudent to push that need down a round or two pending how your board falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RpMc said:

This is how I feel as well.  Unless there's a historic run of receivers in the first round, it would be prudent to push that need down a round or two pending how your board falls.

Strong agree. I have a feeling 22 is going to be a receiver though. I think the only one that could realistically be there that I would be excited about would be Jefferson. What do you think about him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikestyle said:

Strong agree. I have a feeling 22 is going to be a receiver though. I think the only one that could realistically be there that I would be excited about would be Jefferson. What do you think about him?

I honestly haven't done much diligence on prospects this year to form an opinion one way or another.  I miss DraftBreakdown, and being able to pull up pre-cut games of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I cringe at the thought of using a 1st on a wide receiver. Especially in such a deep draft. 

This is my worst fear as well as we have other needs to address and with such a deep class we should be able to find a contributor at WR in some later rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be highly disappointed with WR in the first round, when there is bound to be 2 players available the fill needed premium positions (OT, 3T, DE, CB).

I prefer the first 3 picks to come from these positions. After that, I'm open to BPA regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AWinfield26 said:

This is my worst fear as well as we have other needs to address and with such a deep class we should be able to find a contributor at WR in some later rounds. 

I don't have that fear...I personally don't think there's a chance they even consider a WR in the first round.  Typically, they have to have a special skill-set and even fall for him to consider a WR in the first round.  Treadwell had fallen, as well as Cordarelle before him.  Unless a guy like CeeDee or Jeudy happens to fall (although I can't see him taking a guy like Jeudy, who seems to not be the sharpest tool in the drawer), then maybe he'll consider it, but I don't think that'll happen.

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft is going to require some change in strategy, the higher risk prospects and guys with medical question marks are going to slide down the board a bit with the lack of interviews and physicals. With our need to hit on a few immediate contributors I think we need to focus on some of the safer prospects.

I have not kept up with the draft very much this year but who are some of the safer picks and who have the most unanswered question marks that we could be looking at in the top 100?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don't have that fear...I personally don't think there's a chance they even consider a WR in the first round.  Typically, they have to have a special skill-set and even fall for him to consider a WR in the first round.  Treadwell had fallen, as well as Cordarelle before him.  Unless a guy like CeeDee or Jeudy happens to fall (although I can't see him taking a guy like Jeudy, who seems to not be the sharpest tool in the drawer), then maybe he'll consider it, but I don't think that'll happen.

Just wondering, who are some prospects you like after round 1? Idk why I have a crush on Van Jefferson seems to me like a poor mans Stefon Diggs not to mention he may be available in the 3rd round.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

Just wondering, who are some prospects you like after round 1? Idk why I have a crush on Van Jefferson seems to me like a poor mans Stefon Diggs not to mention he may be available in the 3rd round.   

My target at this point would be Donovan People-Jones.  I also like Chase Claypool and Antonio Gandy-Golden (as a developmental prospect).  While I've loved watching Tyler Johnson in college, I think he's going to be a depth player at best in the pros.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I cringe at the thought of using a 1st on a wide receiver. Especially in such a deep draft. 

Given Spielman's history, I'd say its likely though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×