2020 Draft Talk

swede700

11 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

Yeah I'm liking Ezra Cleveland too...he posted a 9.92 althetic score. However I don't believe hes a day 1 starter. Unless we trade down with one with one of our draft picks he might be considered a slight reach. 

Guys, this is Ezra Cleveland’s level of play at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Guys, this is Ezra Cleveland’s level of play at the moment. 

Definitely not a day 1 starter. I mean there were a lot of knocks on Brian Oneills tape as well, not saying Erza is going to be as good but the athletic ability is there. Needs time to develop for sure. 

Edited by AWinfield26

11 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Not a fan of Ezra Cleveland:

Light, short arms, small hands, lower experience due to missing time. Running a strong 40 is meaningless, 10 yard split is more representative of the position

He ran a 1.74 10 yard split. 

19 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

He ran a 1.74 10 yard split. 

Thanks for that. What i was getting at was Ezra 40 is impressive, but the 10 yard split was not of the same magnitude of impressiveness. Better long speed, over quick feet.

I haven't found a site with all 10 yard splits.. but Austin Jackson did 1.73, 10 yard split. And that's at higher weight and height.

Edited by CriminalMind

10 yard dash helps showcase a player’s explosiveness, much like the broad and vertical jumps. But, if I’m trying to get an idea on how well a lineman moves in space, and laterally, I’m looking at their agility drills. 

3-Cone:

Ezra Cleveland - 7.26 (98th percentile)

Austin Jackson - 7.95 (30th percentile)

Short Shuttle:

Ezra Cleveland - 4.46 (94th percentile)

Austin Jackson - DNR

When trying to project for the wide zone blocking that the Vikings run, Cleveland’s movement skills are a valuable asset. And while Cleveland may have shorter than ideal arms, he has the quickness to compensate. He’s a bit of a project, and I may put him at RT and slide O’Neill to LT, but Cleveland checks all of the boxes for Kubiak’s system. Not to mention his wingspan is longer than other tackles like Joshua Jones and Tristan Wirfs, who are also considered ideal tackles for zone blocking. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Thanks for that. What i was getting at was Ezra 40 is impressive, but the 10 yard split was not of the same magnitude of impressiveness. Better long speed, over quick feet.

I haven't found a site with all 10 yard splits.. but Austin Jackson did 1.73, 10 yard split. And that's at higher weight and height.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/

There you go boss

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

10 yard dash helps showcase a player’s explosiveness, much like the broad and vertical jumps. But, if I’m trying to get an idea on how well a lineman moves in space, and laterally, I’m looking at their agility drills. 

3-Cone:

Ezra Cleveland - 7.26 (98th percentile)

Austin Jackson - 7.95 (30th percentile)

Short Shuttle:

Ezra Cleveland - 4.46 (94th percentile)

Austin Jackson - DNR

When trying to project for the wide zone blocking that the Vikings run, Cleveland’s movement skills are a valuable asset. And while Cleveland may have shorter than ideal arms, he has the quickness to compensate. He’s a bit of a project, and I may put him at RT and slide O’Neill to LT, but Cleveland checks all of the boxes for Kubiak’s system. Not to mention his wingspan is longer than other tackles like Joshua Jones and Tristan Wirfs, who are also considered ideal tackles for zone blocking. 

I would love Ezra Cleveland as a possible OG or OT for us and late 2nd or 3rd round pick, he could fit no question and was one of the most athletic OL at the combine.

3rd in the 40, 5th in the bench, 11th in the vertical, 10th in the broad, 1st in the 3 cone, 1st in the 20 shuttle out of all OL that took part at the combine.  For a 6-6 311 pound dude that is pretty good and rivals what Bradbury did last year and he is clearly bigger than Bradbury in terms of weight and height.  

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

How do you have the best 3 cone time without having quick feet exactly?  Not to mention he had the best 20 yard shuttle time of any OL at the combine, sure is not 10 yard but not 40 either.  Had a better 3-cone, broad and short shuttle than Bradbury last year and basically the same 40 time being a dude that is taller and heavier.  And one could argue Cleveland could play OT or OG.  

11 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Ive been liking Chase Claypool more and more in the 2nd round.  Idk if anyone has had a combine even close to his since Calvin Johnson!  He ran a 4.42 40 at 6’4” and 238 lbs!

I like Chase and would be a good pick. My issue with him is he's more of a replacement for Thielen than a deep threat replacement for Diggs.

Thielen will be 30 and always seem to have some type of nagging injury during the season. Chase could be groomed for a year and take eventually replace Thielen. If Vikings love Chase then they need to double dip on WR and draft a deep threat in the middle rounds.  

Edited by dc_vikingfan