AFC East QB & DT Tandem

Activated10

NYJ usually play us the toughest over both games. I think 4 of the last 5 or 6 have been decided by less than a TD.

It goes; Miami away, NYJ x 2, Bills x 2, Miami at home. (most difficult to easiest).

I think Jets may take one this season...it's about time

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

Have the Jets had a good edge rusher since John Abraham? It seems like they've always lacked a solid edge rusher for as long as I can remember. Maybe Gholston scared them off?

They haven't really draft one since Gholston.  It's been all mid rounders and retreads like Maybin.

They should be able to generate pressure up the middle now with 3 really good linemen.  I expect a ton of 3 linemen sets of Anderson, Quinnen, and Leo which could make Brady uncomfortable if they can push the pocket.

Polite has probably been our most talented edge since Abraham for sure.  If he can put that combine behind him and play like he did in college they might finally have an edge presence to pair with a potentially great DL. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills have only allowed 3 TD to Tom Brady through the air in the last 4 games (McDermott regime) and have picked him off 4 times. 

But they've still gone 0-4 and have been outscored 109-37.

We had the Miracle in Miami, ya'll need a Bombshell in Buffalo. 

May have also noticed NE's offensive line didn't let Brady get sacked all post-season until the superbowl. That and his release. 

Better to beat our receivers' routes and force TB to hold on a bit longer.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills have only allowed 3 TD to Tom Brady through the air in the last 4 games (McDermott regime) and have picked him off 4 times. 

But they've still gone 0-4 and have been outscored 109-37.

it will be interesting to see if Josh Allen can take the next step. He obviously has only played 1 game so far vs NE so hard to take a lot away from that game.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:41 PM, SBLIII said:

it will be interesting to see if Josh Allen can take the next step. He obviously has only played 1 game so far vs NE so hard to take a lot away from that game.

Definitely will be interested. A big reason for his huge rushing numbers and him breaking rookie QB rushing records was because of poor offensive line play. He has proven in his career he can improvise and carry a team on his back at the very least. Now we might finally get to see what he is able to do as a pocket passer. We will have 4 new starters on the OLine.  Of course we drafted Cody Ford and signed Mitch Morse. But a lot of under the radar signings like Quinton Spain, Spencer Long, Ty Neskhe, LaAdrien Waddle, and John Felciano. There is so many different combinations that it should be easy to find one that works. Right now I think it looks like this but so many of them can change positions

LT: Dion Dawkins / Ty Neskhe

LG: Quinton Spain / John Felciano

C: Mitch Morse / Spencer Long

RG: Spencer Long / Wyatt Tellar

RT: Cody Ford / LaAdrien Waddle

I think that is a much improved offensive line from a year ago and I'm super excited to see Josh Allen hit Robert Foster on deeper plays some more.