News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Apparently Dak said no to 30M per year

But Zeke is the selfish one

Both can be true. Dak is on his final year, Zeke has 2 more. Thats normally the gauge. 

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

30 was/is 5th, would tie him with Matt Ryan. I’m not sure how Brady’s deal is being construed but outside of him it goes Wilson (35), Ben (34), Rodgers (33.5), Wentz (32).

He's got an argument for being paid more than Wentz.

The shish I read on Facebook...

Things Dak fans say:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-30-million/

"I love the news why don’t you tell why he turned down the offer, could it be he want Zeke and Cooper on the team and knowing if he takes the 30plus they are gone..."

"He probably turned it down because he is willing to take less so they can pay to keep Zeke and amari."

there-seems-to-be-no-sign-of-intelligent

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm probably looking into it too much, but I have a strange feeling Dallas is going to play hard ball with Zeke. I can very easily see this carrying over into the season.

Here’s the thing, Zeke must report by week 10.  If he doesn’t, Dallas would have him for another year under contract.  Zeke is hoping that the boys have a losing records which forces their hands ala Emmitt Smith in 1993.  If Dallas is winning without Zeke, Jerry should play hard ball both this year and next year.  Next year, Zeke must appear after the first week of training camp or He would not qualify as a free agent but rather a restricted free agent.  

Zeke is definitely playing hard ball.  He’s found that narrow 10 game stretch to try to force a new contract.  If Dallas is losing, he’s proved his point.  If Dallas wins without him, then Jerry has every right to play har ball back at him.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Here’s the thing, Zeke must report by week 10.  If he doesn’t, Dallas would have him for another year under contract.  Zeke is hoping that the boys have a losing records which forces their hands ala Emmitt Smith in 1993.  If Dallas is winning without Zeke, Jerry should play hard ball both this year and next year.  Next year, Zeke must appear after the first week of training camp or He would not qualify as a free agent but rather a restricted free agent.  

Zeke is definitely playing hard ball.  He’s found that narrow 10 game stretch to try to force a new contract.  If Dallas is losing, he’s proved his point.  If Dallas wins without him, then Jerry has every right to play har ball back at him.  

He picked a bad stretch. Those first 3 games are very winnable without him. 

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

If we are winning without Zeke, he can go kick rocks... 

I'm fairly certain, because Zeke has caught them off guard, and JG being a lame duck, they will struggle. So certain, that I wouldn't even chance it.

2/3 of those first 3 games are against the Giants and Redskins who always play us tough. 

We had Amari already on Thanksgiving and Colt McCoy nearly beat us. They still have Colt McCoy. Just saying.

The Giants took us to the wire week 17, and were playing really well those last 6 weeks of 2018. 

Both teams have issues I know.... but I'm not relaxed before these games or surprised if we struggle more than we should. Even WITH Zeke.

That third game better be a W tho...