2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

My big board so far. Can’t wait for the combine.

1) Thomas OT

2) Wirfs OT

3) Young Edge

4) Okudah CB

5) Jeudy WR

6) Lamb WR

7) Fulton CB

8) Diggs CB

It all depends on FA, but I wouldn’t kill JD if goes corner in round one as long as he then goes OT in round 2 and iOL/WR in round 3. Based on current projections, there are going to be solid OT available at the top of 2nd. 

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

If we beat the Bills on Sunday, because they will be resting a lot of their starters we will drop out of the top 10 in the draft The bills have to play their playoff game on the next Saturday, they have home field locked up. 

Yeah, I don't care about winning this one tbh. No fun in playing a team that's not really playing and even risk losing while trying to boot.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:42 PM, Bobby816 said:

Odds are we win again this week maybe putting us out for Thomas or Wirfs. Gonna start trying to study up more On Jackson and Wills. Bc they seem like the next best OTs

I think Wills has a legitimate shot at being the first one off the board. As his name has come to prominence I've watched a lot more... he's very much Quenton Nelson-like in his movements, his build, and his power. Won't shock me if the Giants take him. He's going to draw a lot of Trent Williams comps as we get closer to the heart of the offseason because he's the equivalent of a 5-tool baseball player except playing tackle. Strength, great athleticism, clear improvement with his technique, and has both the hands and the feet of an elite offensive line prospect. His ceiling may be the height of all the tackles in the draft since he has the most tools to work with. 

After Wills, I think anything can happen. You have teams like MIA, LAC, and ARI who could take a tackle but could easily see them going in another direction. If CLE loses, they'll be a threat for a tackle as well. Wirfs, like Wills, is going to appeal to teams that are seeking a freakish athlete they can get creative with - he's a tone setter who can win both on-the-move and with power, but can be inconsistent at times and find himself unbalanced or on the ground if he's not in rhythm. Thomas doesn't have as much athletic upside, but he's going to consistently win. He's the type you put in a box and let him beat his assignment down-by-down. He's not fleet on his feet, but he wins with length and power. It wouldn't surprise me if he falls a little bit throughout the draft process; he's a bit like Cam Robinson. Don't see him falling to the 2nd, but can easily see him falling somewhere between 10-15. 

With that said, the real question for me is whether Jackson will actually go higher than the media is ranking him. I think Jackson is sneaking up boards for a lot of the reasons Wills is - people didn't realize how athletic he really is. There are scouts out there who think he's a better pro-prospect than Wirfs and Thomas. He doesn't win with power like they do; he's more of a finesse player with clean footwork and an overall very fluid, flexible athlete who can move. All it takes is one team...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Jackson had a poor game. On one play he completely let the rusher take an inside move and then proceeded to block.....no one. I assume he was expecting G help. Poor recognition. Wirfs did look good. Iowa’s OT Jackson held his own. 

Espenesa is a top prospect. But he really worked Jackson. I mean 1 game shouldn’t define Jackson. But it was worrisome and hard to warrant that play being out starting LT. I for sure want ya to go OL. But if a top WR or Edge fall to us. We can’t ignore it. 

• Like 1

What I am finding funny is seeing all these people on here who have preached bpa for years when we’ve ignored need. Are the ones completely ignoring bpa now bc they don’t want us to go WR. It’s hard to argue that Jeudy or Lamb will not be bpa for us that hit need as well if Thomas and Wirfs are gone.

• Like 1