• Jason Peters, Eagles
    • Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think it's worse. Unless it has been changed. I love Trent. He's a mauler who has incredible ahtletic ability and can really move. But I've been on the "we need to draft a replacement for Trent" bandwagon simply because of the drug protocol and the fact that he is never hitting 16 games.

Still. Even with all of that, I take him 10/10 over Lane.

I think you put them all in a non-injured bubble, Trent is incredible.

But as established by many in the first vote..Who will be best in 2019, including injury chances.

Trent's a incredible rare athlete, similar to JP. But being that big and athletic clearly has a cost and he never is healthy.
The nice thing for him is he doesn't have a back injury problems like Tyron does, which is one of the worst things you can have on the lines.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

strike 2

1 year ban then. If he is out of drug protocol its really really easy to avoid being popped nowadays. They only test a couple months out of the year. 

The next CBA they are likely to drop testing for weed all together. 

If you are in the program it's more than that, some random check-ins occur.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, I think that was what he was saying. He was referencing if you're not in the program then it's only a couple times a year.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I went with Trent, because he's more my style of OL.  I like big mauler types, but this is really close for me. Trent hasn't played a full 16 game season in a long time, and unlike Tyron it wasn't because they were resting him for the playoffs. But Lane has only played all 16 games twice in his career.

Both are big mauler types really.

Both are Texas boys.

Really close for me. 

Went with Trent tho

Lane has only missed one game really because of injury,
There is a second but that was because it's very tough to get guys off of concussion protocol in a thursday game week. They said he would have started on Sunday.

And not targeting you @DaBoys, but since you brought it up...where did the Lane isn't a great run blocker narrative come from?

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Thats what I meant

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I think that was what he was saying. He was referencing if you're not in the program then it's only a couple times a year.

Its not even that. The drug testing, now, as I understand it starts on 4/20 (really, the NFL chose 4/20) and goes until training camp. They give you a 2 weeks heads up to flush it out of your system. 

Its why no one fails any more unless you have an addition/medical dependency issue or are stupid. 

Just now, Thaiphoon said:
2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yea if you aren't in it and get busted it really is an intelligence test that you failed

Pat Mcafee told a story this offseason that after he got busted, Sebastian Janikowski and him were talking pregame and told him to go on a cruise

"What they do?? Land on boat??" in his polish accent 

Weed is for sure coming off the banned list in a couple years

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Thats what I meant

Its not even that. The drug testing, now, as I understand it starts on 4/20 (really, the NFL chose 4/20) and goes until training camp. They give you a 2 weeks heads up to flush it out of your system. 

Its why no one fails any more unless you have an addition/medical dependency issue or are stupid

Yup. "Intelligence test"

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yea if you aren't in it and get busted it really is an intelligence test that you failed

Pat Mcafee told a story this offseason that after he got busted, Sebastian Janikowski and him were talking pregame and told him to go on a cruise

"What they do?? Land on boat??" in his polish accent 

Weed is for sure coming off the banned list in a couple years

They dont test at all from September through April 20th. Thats why players like David Irving admitted he smoked weed before every single game he has ever played in the NFL. 

Of course, thats if you are not in protocol. If you are, they can test you all they want "randomly". 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Lane has only missed one game really because of injury,
There is a second but that was because it's very tough to get guys off of concussion protocol in a thursday game week. They said he would have started on Sunday.

And not targeting you @DaBoys, but since you brought it up...where did the Lane isn't a great run blocker narrative come from?

Lane is a great run blocker. 

Maybe I like Trent because he hit Richard Sherman after the game on camera that one time.