GDT Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys - The Return of the Zeke?

Texas_OutLaw7

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Love Jaylon's hustle, but you can tell he has drop foot.

He is playing hard, but he falls short of making a real impact. He isnt planting and driving, and he is holding ground more than driving upon the ball. His ability to drive on the play is what made him so darn good. I hope he gets that quality back.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Like I had said in that rookie corner thread...he is pro ready. He may not have the "ceiling" of Lewis, but he was/is ready to handle more important duties from the start of this season. He is Byron Jones 2.0

that play were he broke up the screen pass was something you see from top fight DB's only..   I was impressed...  the way the game has gone we really haven't seen wide screen views of how the secondary is playing.. no deep throws.. all going underneath.. so it's been hard for me to judge just how good they have been but Eli has had to hold the ball a lot which is a good sign.

OH and what is saw from Dak on the TD.. you could see before the fake hand off his head was turned slightly toward Witten and his eyes didn't move as he did the fake then threw the pass.

I also have been impressed with Switzer on returns .. he has not tried too much.. though on that kick return he made the wrong cut should have stayed going straight up field..

okay O...   time to reset act like it 0-0

1 minute ago, quiller said:

that play were he broke up the screen pass was something you see from top fight DB's only..   I was impressed...  the way the game has gone we really haven't seen wide screen views of how the secondary is playing.. no deep throws.. all going underneath.. so it's been hard for me to judge just how good they have been but Eli has had to hold the ball a lot which is a good sign.

OH and what is saw from Dak on the TD.. you could see before the fake hand off his head was turned slightly toward Witten and his eyes didn't move as he did the fake then threw the pass.

I also have been impressed with Switzer on returns .. he has not tried too much.. though on that kick return he made the wrong cut should have stayed going straight up field..

okay O...   time to reset act like it 0-0

Good observations on the corners. They are playing very good zone and it forces Eli to hold the ball as the receivers adjust. Without a fast cutting route runner like Obj, its resulting in a bad outing by Eli. Awuzie is playing like a guy whos been in the league for 3 years. Holds ground, drives hard, trusts the associated zones around him, and never breaks positioning.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

He is playing hard, but he falls short of making a real impact. He isnt planting and driving, and he is holding ground more than driving upon the ball. His ability to drive on the play is what made him so darn good. I hope he gets that quality back.

the tackle on the reverse was close to what I saw from him in ND...

Dez used his power on that one. That is how he made his money. He isnt a burner, he isnt a precision route runner, and he isnt the superb ball snatcher type - he needs to play like he is stronger and tougher than the DBs. Thats what makes him so good. And he did that there on the big play.

Archived