2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Agreed. Kyrie leaving (outside of ruining a potential AD deal) is a blessing for Boston. If Brooklyn doesn't have another name coming in they will regret making him their top guy.

Yeah I mean I think Boston re-signing Kyrie is preferable to letting him walk and losing an asset, but it's pretty obvious you want him next to another star that can be a leader.

That being said, I think Danny Ainge deserves a loooooooot more heat than he's gotten for what happened in Boston this year tho. It's not 2K. 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I mean I think Boston re-signing Kyrie is preferable to letting him walk and losing an asset, but it's pretty obvious you want him next to another star that can be a leader.

That being said, I think Danny Ainge deserves a loooooooot more heat than he's gotten for what happened in Boston this year tho. It's not 2K. 

Maybe for not pulling the trigger on Kawhi/Paul George if the rumors are true. It seemed like it was gonna work out when he got Hayward without giving up any of his long term assets but then the injury happened

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Disagree. Had no way of knowing Hayward would die. Had built a team capable of making the ECF last year & competing with Clevland. Not his fault Tatum regressed. Ainge set the baseball on the tee for Boston with this team & they let the city down.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Disagree. Had no way of knowing Hayward would die. Had built a team capable of making the ECF last year & competing with Clevland. Not his fault Tatum regressed. Ainge set the baseball on the tee for Boston with this team & they let the city down.

Also had made moves to try and sign AD mid-season when it was clear the team wasnt championship material.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Like I said - it was a perfect plan if it was 2k. Young dudes (that have not been paid or established themselves in the league) that carried a team to the ECF g7 were needed and expected to take less minutes/shots and be role players. Just an unfair expectation and it obviously didn't work out chemistry wise. Brad Stevens couldn't handle it and it blew up in their face. 

The easiest move he 100% should have made was trading Terry Rozier. Dude needed a bigger role after proving himself in the playoffs. Instead Danny hung onto the asset. That's an asset he should have punted. 

Obviously you can't do the same thing with Tatum and Brown - but the team was constructed in a way that was untenable. Pretty tough situation, but he deserves blame for making a team that wasn't going to work together. He's obviously going to hope it works at the time - but I just think he deserves more criticism at this point rather than Kyrie taking the bulk of it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, amac said:

Maybe for not pulling the trigger on Kawhi/Paul George if the rumors are true. It seemed like it was gonna work out when he got Hayward without giving up any of his long term assets but then the injury happened

It's a team that wasn't going to work together. He learned the hard way that you can't have your cake and eat it too or some sort of cliche like that 

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

Also had made moves to try and sign AD mid-season when it was clear the team wasnt championship material.

He couldn't do that without trading Kyrie. Boston was just hoping someone else didn't trade for him.

I’m still wondering if the AD hangup is over Tatum or if it’s the Memphis pick/Jaylen Brown. Celtics camp has kept it pretty quiet.

If the offers are Tatum + Memphis pick vs Ingram, Ball, #4 (and I’m presuming they will throw in Kuz if they have to) that’s an interesting debate, as I see more bust potential in the Lakers assets than in Tatum but they obviously have quantity advantage, and the gap between Tatum and Ingram for me isn’t gigantic

Edited by amac

One potential deal that's making that the rounds on twitter today... 

Lakers receive: Anthony Davis

Bulls receive: Lonzo Ball, #4 pick, Solomon Hill

Pelicans receive: Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, #7 pick, 2021 LAL unprotected 1st

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pelicans receive: Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, #7 pick, 2021 LAL unprotected 1st

So LA keeps Brandon Ingram? Interesting.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In terms of what Griffin was asking for it, it has everything he wanted. Lavine was a borderline allstar last year, they get two young potential guys in Hart + Kuzma, 2 FRPs, and cap relief by shedding Hill

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That’s a terrible return for the Pels and by insider accounts Griffin is a fan of Ingram. I don’t see a deal without him getting done

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So LA keeps Brandon Ingram? Interesting.

The biggest issue that I have with that potential deal is that Chicago would be giving up Zach Lavine/#7 for Lonzo Ball/#4, seems like a pretty freaking terrible return tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That's a terrible return for the Pels.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That’s an absolutely awful deal for New Orleans.