2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Him not understanding the cap ramifications.

You'll just deny this though even though the timeline supports that he didn't understand.

Because Woj told you that the Lakers didn't understand the cap ramifications of the trade?  So you're telling me Woj whose is getting his news second is more accurate than a guy who was a former agent for NBA players ALONG with a capologist that is specifically paid to make sure that they understand the CBA.  That doesn't even pass the common sense test.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Which is my point. He wanted to be in LA. It had nothing to do with the Lakers front office.

Then why didn't he sign with the Clippers?  They were the better roster.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ya know.....you've now said you could have pulled off all the trades Pelinka or the Laker FO has done - and now you say a monkey could do it - which begs the question: why havent you made a career change? If its as simple as you say......your office and desk awaits you.

I wasn't Kobe Bryants agent. Such a shame, really.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Because Woj told you that the Lakers didn't understand the cap ramifications of the trade?  So you're telling me Woj whose is getting his news second is more accurate than a guy who was a former agent for NBA players ALONG with a capologist that is specifically paid to make sure that they understand the CBA.  That doesn't even pass the common sense test.

The thing that never made sense was that if the trade was pushed to July 30th, the team trading for the 4th pick wasn't going to have their guy for summer league. And that pick was almost surely going to get moved. I didn't buy that either. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If Rob knew the date, why wasn't it a 3 team deal to begin with?

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why am I going to give Pelinka credit for signing Lebron who wanted to be there regardless of who was GM and AD demanding a trade there? How does Rob deserve any credit for those moves!?

So you've discredited the move that created the initial cap space when the Lakers dumped Mozgov on the Nets.  Are you going to discredit the Lakers dumping Jordan Clarkson's contract to create that second max contract?  Are you going to discredit him for looping the Wizard into the Anthony Davis deal?  You've refused to give any credit, which shows you're not looking at this objectively.  Instead, you've fixated on a few things and discredited anything that suggests otherwise.

The article about Pelinka and Magic having a terrible working relationship? What does that have to do with anything?

That was literally an article that was meant for clicks.  Nobody cares if the Memphis Grizzles are dysfunctional, but it's big news when it's the Lakers.  Which is more proof that you can't read everything that ESPN puts out there.  They sold out for clicks a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And he made a terrible decision to stretch one of them and dumped D-Lo to get rid of the other instead of just being patient.

Wow, bang up job Rob. GMOTY IMO.

Being patient doesn't create cap space for a max FA.  I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that concept.  No cap space for a max FA means no LeBron James.  No LeBron James means no Anthony Davis.  No LeBron James and Anthony Davis, and we aren't sitting here waiting on Kawhi Leonard's decision.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That was literally an article that was meant for clicks.  Nobody cares if the Memphis Grizzles are dysfunctional, but it's big news when it's the Lakers.  Which is more proof that you can't read everything that ESPN puts out there.  They sold out for clicks a few years ago.

Okay...What does that have to do with anything? You're literally the only person who's referenced ESPN.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why am I going to give Pelinka credit for signing Lebron who wanted to be there regardless of who was GM and AD demanding a trade there? How does Rob deserve any credit for those moves!?

For dumping Mozgov on the Nets?  For dumping Joradn Clarkson on the Cavs?  You keep going back to LeBron James, but you're completely ignoring the moves that put them in that position because it doesn't fit your argument.

If Rob knew the date, why wasn't it a 3 team deal to begin with?

Because the Wiz (or other teams) probably wanted to see what FA was going to bring.  It's clear there was "legal" tampering going on well before the opening of FA.  They had the draft and that legal tampering period that teams probably wanted to check out prior to agreeing to the deal.  Remember, the Wizards were one of the teams reported as being a 3rd party in the original Anthony Davis rumors along with Atlanta.  That doesn't sound like something that Pelinka randomly called the other 28 teams a few days after agreeing to the Anthony Davis deal.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay...What does that have to do with anything? You're literally the only person who's referenced ESPN.

Because there's nothing to suggest that Pelinka is an idiot other than what BSPN has put out there.  That BSPN article came out, then we heard about how Pelinka didn't understand the cap ramifications of the Anthony Davis trade, etc.  ESPN has been routinely wrong on all these accounts.

Pelinka had nothing to do with LeBron to LA. 

LeBron BEING in LA is what sold Davis on wanting to be there as well. You think if LeBron wasn't already there that Davis wants to play with Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma? Nope. Let alone a Lakers team that trades those guys for him and is left with absolutely no one else to play with Davis.

Pelinka gets some credit for being able to seal the deal on the Davis trade and being smart enough to have another max slot available, but not for LeBron being there or LeBron being the main attracting factor for other key players.

Lets say the Lakers weren't able to sign LeBron, and in turn Anythony Davis didn't want to be there. Kawhi at that point is more likely to be a Clipper, possibly alongside another big time player. Who? I couldn't tell you. But it comes down to the level of success of the team without him/them. 

Archived