2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

And yet, the Lakers as currently constructed would still be the Celtics in a 7 game series xD.  Yes, this includes the fact that we have no bench to speak of.  

Not that the Celtics will be anywhere close to making the Finals next year.

1037.gif

1 minute ago, showtime said:

"The Lakers are screwed if they don't get Kawhi."  Having LeBron James and Anthony Davis is being screwed....  Man, sign me up for that type of screwage.

Who's said that? To be fair, Lebron AD and a collection of below average role players probably isn't winning you an NBA finals, certainly not screwed though.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

"The Lakers are screwed if they don't get Kawhi."  Having LeBron James and Anthony Davis is being screwed....  Man, sign me up for that type of screwage.

Surrounded by Jared Dudley, Troy Daniels, and Kyle Kuzma. Not to mention a very meh medical staff, an aging LeBron, and an injury prone AD. What could go wrong!?

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Who's said that? To be fair, Lebron AD and a collection of below average role players probably isn't winning you an NBA finals, certainly not screwed though.

They'll definitely be very good. The one worry that I have for them is LeBron's load management/his aging concerns and AD is one of the most injury-prone stars in the game. If either of those guys miss significant time, will AD or LeBron be able to carry a collection of mediocre role players for an extended period?

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like thats super shady but also...what can the league do about it? Its basically cap circumvention but its not the Raptors doing anything...

What the ramifications of this could be big. Could you imagine outside influences now helping or controlling where players go oh, such as rappers large corporations Etc I don't like it

Anthony Davis was injury prone early in his career but has been healthy the last few years. He's going to have that Steph injury prone stigma for pretty much the rest of his career regardless of what he does from here on out. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anthony Davis was injury prone early in his career but has been healthy the last few years. He's going to have that Steph injury prone stigma for pretty much the rest of his career regardless of what he does from here on out. 

He missed 26 games last season.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

What the ramifications of this could be big. Could you imagine outside influences now helping or controlling where players go oh, such as rappers large corporations Etc I don't like it

Thats what I'm saying. Could open up a huge can of worms.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Eh. He played 75 games the two years prior to this one, but how many games did he leave at half time and not return? The dude is still very injury prone.

Archived