2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Did you think Cleveland was the best and team to beat in the East going into last season?

I don’t see how that’s a fair comparison at all.  The Warriors main core won a title before Durant arrived.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

All depends on seeding. That team should easily be able to win a first round series against a lower seed, but if they get matched up with a fully healthy Clippers, Lakers or GSW - yeah I'm not betting on them in that matchup. But that's not to say they aren't legitimate or Mitchell isn't a superstar (he is) and Gobert and Conley are definitely top 25 players. Just a case of there being some immensely talented teams out west. 

I'm on board with @showtime but you and I are basically saying the same thing.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Hmmmm....lets see....
We have Lebron.....
We have AD.....
Is there some reason I need to go back further?

Signed LeBron, traded for AD, before that the biggest FA signing was when? 1998?

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You guys aren’t serious, Warriors not even top 8?

It all depends on Klays health for me. Curry and Dryamond alone aren't enough to earn a top 8 seed out West, imo. If Klay comes back before the all star beak, maybe they can sneak into the playoffs. However I can't see them (as it stands) being better than any of those other teams. 

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

All depends on seeding. That team should easily be able to win a first round series against a lower seed, but if they get matched up with a fully healthy Clippers, Lakers or GSW - yeah I'm not betting on them in that matchup. But that's not to say they aren't legitimate or Mitchell isn't a superstar (he is) and Gobert and Conley are definitely top 25 players. Just a case of there being some immensely talented teams out west. 

Mitchell was elite when healthy last season 27/5/5 on 45% FG/42% 3FG. But the Lakers fan boys big mad. 

Added LeBron and AD to be worse than the Utah Jazz. Lmao.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He will be back for the playoffs and that’s all that matters.

But will he be the same? Will D'Angelo Russell remain on the team that long? I hope so and would think so... Also, can Curry, Draymond, and Looney carry the team into the postseason and remain healthy long enough to win? They all have been fairly injury prone. If all of those players are healthy and right including Klay actually being 100% then yes, the Warriors are arguably the best team in thr NBA playoffs again.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dude makes himself look dumber with every keystroke. It's truly amazing.

Imagine adding LeBron to be worse than a team with Joe Ingles as the #2 option. Then adding AD and still being worse than that team... lmao. 

@NYRaider how is Mitchell as a defender? Utah is the most complete team in the West imo. Shot creators, elite 3 point threats, and elite rim protection...not sure what to make of their perimeter defense though I know Conley was good, but not sure now

Edit: and a fantastic coach and system to boot

I think people are sleeping on the Conley/Mitchell combo. I think the Jazz will be competing for the top spot in the West. Conley's a stud. 

Also, man I'm excited for next season. Such a deep league. Tons of talent spread out with tons of fun young teams. It's going to be a blast.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t see how that’s a fair comparison at all.  The Warriors main core won a title before Durant arrived.

With a much better supporting cast. The big 3 were also all in their mid-20s and not coming off torn ACLs.

Archived