2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s very unlikely he misses the entire year next season. Barring a setback in fact, not a chance he misses the entire year. ACL tears are no longer a 12 month injury. Players come back in 7-10 months now.

I read recently that JJ Hickson in 2014 was the last player to come back in less than a year.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I said he was mentally weak if he was afraid of playing with LeBron.  I stand by that statement.  I also said there was a 5% chance he'd go to the Clippers without another star.  Again, another poor attempt at trolling.

You said that Woj was a Lakers hater but he was speaking facts the whole time, it was always the Clippers he just needed them to get another piece. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because literally the unexpected happen.  LIS, if you have a Magic 8 ball that predicted that Paul George would be traded to the Clippers, let alone be available I'd KILL to have it.

Probably has nothing to do with the crap show that is the Lakers front office....right?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm going to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone.  @MookieMonstah and @NYRaider, do you think Kawhi would have signed with the Clippers had they not swung a deal for Paul George prior?  So unless you have a Magic 8 ball that told you Paul George was going to suddenly become available, your ENTIRE attempt at trolling is in vain.  But whatever strokes your ego I guess.

If the Clippers couldn't get it done then he was heading back to Toronto. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You said that Woj was a Lakers hater but he was speaking facts the whole time, it was always the Clippers he just needed them to get another piece. 

Woj LITERALLY said that Paul George wouldn't have gone to the Clippers without another star, but Woj has been talking about how the Clippers were a no brainer.  Which is it?

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Probably has nothing to do with the crap show that is the Lakers front office....right?

Honestly, no.  If Paul George wasn't traded, where does Kawhi sign?  Based off of Woj's comments, it seems like it was the Lakers.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Right, Donovan Mitchell isn't a superstar, we can all agree on that. But by the time the playoffs roll around in 2020, Mitchell will have gotten even better and the flashes we've seen already will theoretically be more commonplace. Hence superstar level performer like I said, but not the actual title of a superstar. I agree with you on the original point, but I'm taking it further to account for the growth we'll see baring catastrophic injury or a similarly low-percentile event. Again, even with greater consistency from Mitchell at a superstar level, we still need to see it the results speak for themselves before declaring him a superstar.

The thing about Mitchell is, it's not guaranteed he takes the next step and continues to progress.  Dude might end up just being a good player who never takes the next step.  In the Utah Jazz thread, I said he has the potential to be a Damian Lillard-esque type of player, but he needs to continue to progress.  There are guys who come into the league and have played that have had the potential to be really good/great if they could just take the next step, but they never could.

Five years from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitchell be an annual all-star type player and a max quality player who is one of the top 10-12 players in the NBA.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if he never reaches that potential and is just a chucker that would be best served coming off of someone's bench as a 6th man.

That's my whole thing.  If that's a team's best player... someone who I'm so unsure about - that's why they can't contend for a title this upcoming year.  This year, I need to see Mitchell take the next step.  If he can, then we'll be talking in 2020/21.  But if he can't, the Jazz will just stay as a really good team that will lose every year in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He isn't a superstar but he is a star and at times Mitchell's performances have elevated to superstar level. By the playoffs next year Mitchell, (along with other guards in the west like McCollum, Murray and DAngelo Russell), may be accurately described as the equivalent to superstar level performer in the playoffs. We'll have to wait and see what the results are. Mitchell is on the cusp essentially, I'm saying but to your point it isn't a guarantee that he shows up in 2020. Heck, Kyrie Irving didn't show up at all for the Celtics.

Plus, adding Conley will greatly elevate Mitchell's game. The difference between Conley and Rubio is immense. 

Archived