2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What else could it have been then? Rob P hasn't even shown he can build a team capable of winning 40 games and West has built dynasties...

LIS, I think he wanted to be the guy on a winnning Los Angeles team.  He wasn't going to do that with LeBron here.

Just now, CWood21 said:

What do the Clippers do now?  I see two very similar rosters.  One is led by Paul George and Kawhi Leonard with limited future flexibility.  The other is led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis with limited flexibility.  Just depends on which duo you prefer.

I'll take the one that has a guy that was top 3 in MVP/DPOY voting and a guy coming off of a Finals MVP. Over the duo with an aging superstar and a guy that has shown he's incapable of leading a good team as the #1 option. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

TBH, I think it has more to do with LeBron.  I think he would rather not play with LeBron and the circus that comes with that.  To me, when you're a guy in Kawhi or Durant's stratosphere, playing with LeBron isn't as appealing as it is to someone like Anthony Davis or a lesser type superstar/star player.

Wouldn't totally surprise me.  I don't think he believed LeBron could play a "passive" role in Los Angeles.

Just now, CWood21 said:

LIS, I think he wanted to be the guy on a winnning Los Angeles team.  He wasn't going to do that with LeBron here.

The Lakers pitched him on it being his team in 2 years, that has to be one of the worst pitches I've ever heard. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'll take the one that has a guy that was top 3 in MVP/DPOY voting and a guy coming off of a Finals MVP. Over the duo with an aging superstar and a guy that has shown he's incapable of leading a good team as the #1 option. 

I guess we will find out this year.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Perhaps, but reports are that it was about how much Kawhi liked Doc Rivers.

I'm sure he loves Doc Rivers.  He's also friends with LeBron and Kobe as well.  I just don't think a guy like Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant would want to play with LeBron or Kobe.  LeBron and Kobe are alphas.  Durant and Kawhi are also alphas. Someone like Anthony Davis, regardless of how good he is, is not an alpha.  Paul George is not an alpha.  It works better for players like Davis and George to play with guys like LeBron and Kawhi.

Obviously, Kawhi is not going to ever say he doesn't want to play with LeBron, but Kawhi is arguably the best player in the world.  He wants to be the man on a winner.  He wouldn't be that on the Lakers because LeBron is the man there.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Did I miss the Lakers' pitch being leaked?

I saw it all over Twitter, not sure how true that it is but supposedly that was one of their selling points. I also read that his camp was upset that details from his meeting with Magic leaked almost immediately. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I guess we will find out this year.

Yup, yup. I actually like the Lakers team and hope you guys do well this year, the league is better when the Lakers are competitive. Rob P could've done a better job but you guys are still in very good shape heading into the season. Korver, JR Smith, and Marcus Morris would round the roster out really well. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What do the Clippers do now?  I see two very similar rosters.  One is led by Paul George and Kawhi Leonard with limited future flexibility.  The other is led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis with limited flexibility.  Just depends on which duo you prefer.

Very similar? The Clippers have the best bench duo in the NBA. The Lakers have Kyle Kuzma and KCP.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm sure he loves Doc Rivers.  He's also friends with LeBron and Kobe as well.  I just don't think a guy like Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant would want to play with LeBron or Kobe.  LeBron and Kobe are alphas.  Durant and Kawhi are also alphas. Someone like Anthony Davis, regardless of how good he is, is not an alpha.  Paul George is not an alpha.  It works better for players like Davis and George to play with guys like LeBron and Kawhi.

Obviously, Kawhi is not going to ever say he doesn't want to play with LeBron, but Kawhi is arguably the best player in the world.  He wants to be the man on a winner.  He wouldn't be that on the Lakers because LeBron is the man there.

Durant isn't an alpha, or at least he hasn't up until this point in his career.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Where does Bradley Beal end up going?  His name has been in trade rumors for a while, but nothing ever happens.  Awesome player stuck on a crap team.

Also, what's the status of Iggy and Bradley?  Are the Grizzlies just going to keep those guys or are they hoping to get some draft picks for both of them?

I realize that Beal plays the 2 and the Magic have been in PG hell for longer than I can remember, so I'm really not sure the fit, but I feel like I'd rather have him than Russ, especially considering the later part of Russ' contract when he hits his mid-30's.  Doesn't he have something like a $46 million player option in his age-34 year?

Archived