2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That's better than a 6'10" Rubio though. 

Not really. Costing the team wins, takes up shots and other opportunities even when it means the team suffers for it a lot of the time. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If you swapped Mitchell and Simmons, Philadelphia would've made the Finals and Utah would've been a bottom 5 team in the NBA. 

You keep talking about would have but you're ignoring the fact that that Simmons has far more potential.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

About anything.

Let's play a game:

How old is @NYRaider?

My guess is 14. Excellent spelling for a 14 year old though.

I'll go 16. He probably plays for his local Salt Lake High School JV team. He knows what he's talking about mmkay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't know that those guys played on our team last year and were free agents? Thanks for letting me know. Why hasn't anyone signed Zion yet? 

Did Korver sign with Utah last year? Pretty sure he was traded there.

Besides, the Jazz are just too stacked with 3 of the top 25 players in the NBA there. He'd barely get a chance to shoot the ball with that unfair superteam.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Worst shooter in history is hyperbole. He does need to be more aggressive, won't even deny that. But then again, I'd still take Ben Simmons over Donovan Mitchell. Don't @ me.

I'm with you on most of this Jazz banter, however Mitchell >>> Simmons at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm with you on most of this Jazz banter, however Mitchell >>> Simmons at this point. 

Yeah right now, I even said as much. I'm still not yet giving up on Simmons developing his game. He is 23, if he hasn't progressed anymore in 2 years, I'll concede that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

You keep talking about would have but you're ignoring the fact that that Simmons has far more potential.

Simmons was the 5th option on offense in Philly and useless in the playoffs. Can you imagine if Mitchell had the benefit of being the 5th best player on his own team? 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah right now, I even said as much. I'm still not yet giving up on Simmons developing his game. He is 23, if he hasn't progressed anymore in 2 years, I'll concede that.

Mitchell is 22. So you can hate on Mitchell all day long but for Simmons it's okay because he's young and can improve? Lmao. Not to mention that Utah has one of the best player development programs in the league and Philly? Not so much. 

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Did Korver sign with Utah last year? Pretty sure he was traded there.

Besides, the Jazz are just too stacked with 3 of the top 25 players in the NBA there. He'd barely get a chance to shoot the ball with that unfair superteam.

Let's say you've lived in a city for the last 6 months, you are a job free agent, your family is comfortable there, you love your co-workers and your company is on the edge of greatness. If you get temporarily fired so they can hire two employees that can put the company over the top and offer to rehire you in 2 weeks, you'd just bounce?