2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

His FG% was a career high by nearly 60 points.  IF you think that's remotely replicable, all the power to you.  Until he proves it's sustainable, I don't buy it in the slightest.  And the fact that you're pimping a guy who gets cut when we're discussing playoff rotations shows you how desperate you are to try and find any reason why the Jazz are better than anyone else.

It's almost as if he was a young player looking for his footing and made a big jump last season. You know, young players do get better... You don't think that 45% FG with a better team and a lesser role is replicable? That's not even that efficient... Mudiay is better than any PG you have on your roster. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A ridiculous amount of hype? I said he would be our third-string SF and potentially more in the future. We find talent in the rough and we develop our players. Even if he's just so-so we're still one of the deepest teams in the league. 

Danny Green is useless in the playoffs, Bradley has been trash ever since he left Boston, Cook is meh, and Dudley is like 50 years old and also useless in the playoffs (other than getting beat up by Jimmy Butler). 

Yes.  A ridiculous amount of hype.  You're over here talking about William Howard who has never played a meaningful minute of basketball in his life is this diamond in a rough.  The only reason he's a diamond in the rough is because he's on the Jazz roster.  If the situation was reversed and you had THT instead of Howard, you'd be talking about how THT is the next Draymond Green.  Find me a SINGLE one of your posts that share your ridiculous optimism regarding Mudiay OR Howard prior the Jazz, and I'll shut my mouth.  But you can't.

Thank you, next.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Whatever you say.  When the Jazz wash out in the first round, I'll just sit here and laugh.

And when the Lakers flame out early or miss the playoffs, I'll be waiting. LeBron and AD have already shown their mental weakness by packing it in and quitting on their teams last season. #TheLakerWay

And when I showed you evidence that Kawhi was never considering the Lakers you just didn't respond. The Thunder were engaged with the Raptors and the Clippers about a PG13 trade, Kawhi was set on playing with him in either Toronto or LAC. 

I asked you point blank would Kawhi have signed with the Clippers without a co-star, and you said no.  I rest my case.

It's almost as if he was a young player looking for his footing and made a big jump last season. You know, young players do get better... You don't think that 45% FG with a better team and a lesser role is replicable? That's not even that efficient... Mudiay is better than any PG you have on your roster. 

Explaining small sample size

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yes.  A ridiculous amount of hype.  You're over here talking about William Howard who has never played a meaningful minute of basketball in his life is this diamond in a rough.  The only reason he's a diamond in the rough is because he's on the Jazz roster.  If the situation was reversed and you had THT instead of Howard, you'd be talking about how THT is the next Draymond Green.  Find me a SINGLE one of your posts that share your ridiculous optimism regarding Mudiay OR Howard prior the Jazz, and I'll shut my mouth.  But you can't.

Thank you, next.

I'm saying that he's potentially a diamond in the rough because he's 6'8" with good athleticism and elite shooting. He put up better numbers than Batum and Sefolosha did in the same league before they came to the NBA. THT is trash dude is a 6'3" PF that can't shoot or score and is average defensively. He fits in well with the group you guys have, mediocre athletes, below-average shooters, that don't play defense. 

Why would I talk about them before they came to the Jazz though? 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I asked you point blank would Kawhi have signed with the Clippers without a co-star, and you said no.  I rest my case.

He was deadset on playing with PG13 in either Toronto or with the Clippers. It has been confirmed from his camp. He never considered the Lakers, you guys are the little brother program in town now. 

And when the Lakers flame out early or miss the playoffs, I'll be waiting. LeBron and AD have already shown their mental weakness by packing it in and quitting on their teams last season. #TheLakerWay

Quitting?  The Lakers shutdown LeBron James at the end of the season to make sure he was healthy for this season, and the Pelicans had no intention of playing Anthony Davis after his trade demand and only after the commissioner stepped in did they put him back on the court.  Yeah, that's mental weakness.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm saying that he's potentially a diamond in the rough because he's 6'8" with good athleticism and elite shooting. He put up better numbers than Batum and Sefolosha did in the same league before they came to the NBA. THT is trash dude is a 6'3" PF that can't shoot or score and is average defensively. He fits in well with the group you guys have, mediocre athletes, below-average shooters, that don't play defense. 

Why would I talk about them before they came to the Jazz though? 

So what exactly is the difference between THT's upside and Howard's upside?  Nothing.  Other than the fact that one is a Jazz, and one is a Laker.  That's the only reason why you're pimping Howard is because he's a Jazz.  Don't pretend it's for any other reason.  They're JAGs when they're not Jazz players, but as soon as they put on the uniform they're these developmental studs.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Quitting?  The Lakers shutdown LeBron James at the end of the season to make sure he was healthy for this season, and the Pelicans had no intention of playing Anthony Davis after his trade demand and only after the commissioner stepped in did they put him back on the court.  Yeah, that's mental weakness.

Neither guy was good enough to carry talented teams to the playoffs so they took an early vacation this year. When your two stars are more worried about the MonStars than actually winning basketball games, you know your franchise is in trouble. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

So what exactly is the difference between THT's upside and Howard's upside?  Nothing.  Other than the fact that one is a Jazz, and one is a Laker.  That's the only reason why you're pimping Howard is because he's a Jazz.  Don't pretend it's for any other reason.  They're JAGs when they're not Jazz players, but as soon as they put on the uniform they're these developmental studs.

Howard is 6'8" with an elite shooting stroke and was productive in one of the best leagues in the world. THT is a 6'3" PF that's a fat, below the rim athlete, that isn't impactful on defense, and inefficient on offense. That's the difference between them. I've always liked Mudiay dating back to when he was supposed to go to SMU. 

That man has been nice. 

giphy.gif