2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We'll see. It's not a lock they trade everyone. There is no reason for them to dump CP3 (if he's willing to play) or Adams if they have to give up value. Like it's been discussed - Adams at that # doesn't have a ton of value or great fits around the league. 

They're going to trade CP3 it's just a matter of when. And they probably want to dump Adams to acquire more assets and to send him to a winning team. 

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Boston's going to struggle to match salaries, until their players are able to be traded which won't be until Decemberish.  Unless the Thunder are willing to take on Gordon Hayward's albatross of a contract.

It'd be less money this season and 1 less year on the books. Plus Hayward isn't threatened by Father Time yet and is a solid bet to improve this season, making the contract much more tolerable. And if he returns to even 90% of what he was then he becomes a true asset.

Adams and Patterson to Boston, Hayward, Dragic, and Waiters to OKC, and CP3 to Miami.

Would just need to determine draft compensation.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The only way Anthony Davis leaves the Lakers is if there is another Kobe/Dwight situation.  And given the fact that Anthony Davis doesn't have the maturity level of a 12 year old, I think it's pretty safe to say that isn't happening.

LeBron is also a much easier personality to mesh with and AD is light years better than Dwight Howard. Rich Paul isn't letting AD walk away from the Lakers. 

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

The only way Anthony Davis leaves the Lakers is if there is another Kobe/Dwight situation.  And given the fact that Anthony Davis doesn't have the maturity level of a 12 year old (READ: like Dwight Howard), I think it's pretty safe to say that isn't happening.

FIFY

Just now, NYRaider said:

Beverley + PG13 + Kawhi has a chance to be one of the best defensive trios in NBA history. 

Not when one (or both) of Kawhi's knees get cranky and PG cant lift his arms up over his shoulders any more.
(Okay....so I'm dreaming....but cant a fan still exist around here?) LOL

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're going to trade CP3 it's just a matter of when. And they probably want to dump Adams to acquire more assets and to send him to a winning team. 

it's like you didn't read my post. if they can get value for those guys they will most likely move them. but I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get value and are comfortable running a solid team out there next season.

if CP3 refuses to play or whatever then I could see them using assets to move him. but it seems to me that Miami is literally the only fit. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our bench is beyond better than the Lakers bench. Especially with the addition of NWG and Howard, two of the best players in Europe last season. Exum will be back, Jeff Green is a solid bench player, and Mudiay is another spark plug off the bench. 

listing bad players and saying they are good >>>>>>> 

• Like 1

Just now, champ11 said:

it's like you didn't read my post. if they can get value for those guys they will most likely move them. but I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get value and are comfortable running a solid team out there next season.

if CP3 refuses to play or whatever then I could see them using assets to move him. but it seems to me that Miami is literally the only fit. 

CP3's team already went to Presti to express that he wants to be traded and prefers Miami. The current hold up is the other assets that Miami is requesting to take on his contract. The Knicks have also expressed interest in a potential deal. There's like a 5% chance he's still there past December 15. They've also put Adams on the trade block to gauge potential interest and a report came out yesterday they'd like to move both at the same time. I'm assuming so that they can get some draft assets back for Adams and then pair one of those assets with Paul to send down to Miami. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Our bench is beyond better than the Lakers bench. Especially with the addition of NWG and Howard, two of the best players in Europe last season. Exum will be back, Jeff Green is a solid bench player, and Mudiay is another spark plug off the bench. 

Your homerism knows no bounds.  NWG spent all of last year with Olympiacos, which isn't in a very good league.  I believe he's currently slotted to be your 3rd string PG, which means he probably isn't a world beater by any means.  William Howard spent last year with CSP Limoges.  Both leagues aren't that great, and both are roster fodder at best.  Expecting them to be much more than that is crazy, especially when neither one of them were particularly great in their Euro leagues.  Dante Exum can't stay healthy and Emmanuel Mudiay sucks so much that the talent-deprived Knicks were ready to let him go.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

listing bad players and saying they are good >>>>>>> 

Dante Exum is a good player, he's one of the best defensive guards in the league when he's healthy and super versatile. Green is a solid bench player, Mudiay is coming off of a career year, Davis is one of the best backup bigs in the league, and Ingles will be one of the best 6th men in the league. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron is also a much easier personality to mesh with and AD is light years better than Dwight Howard. Rich Paul isn't letting AD walk away from the Lakers. 

My point exactly.  Anthony Davis isn't going anywhere, and in the odd chance he does it's because things went catastrophically bad.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Dante Exum is a good player, he's one of the best defensive guards in the league when he's healthy and super versatile. Green is a solid bench player, Mudiay is coming off of a career year, Davis is one of the best backup bigs in the league, and Ingles will be one of the best 6th men in the league. 

Where have you gone Karl Malone? A fan base turns its lonely eyes to you......

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Your homerism knows no bounds.  NWG spent all of last year with Olympiacos, which isn't in a very good league.  I believe he's currently slotted to be your 3rd string PG, which means he probably isn't a world beater by any means.  William Howard spent last year with CSP Limoges.  Both leagues aren't that great, and both are roster fodder at best.  Expecting them to be much more than that is crazy, especially when neither one of them were particularly great in their Euro leagues.  Dante Exum can't stay healthy and Emmanuel Mudiay sucks so much that the talent-deprived Knicks were ready to let him go.

NWG played really well last season and is fine as a third-string PG. The Jazz had multiple teams try to trade for his rights this offseason so that's why they brought him over. Howard is an elite shooter and a good defensive player, he's our third-string SF. The guys that will be in the rotation for us off the bench are all solid players though. Exum is an elite defender and versatile offensive player, Ingles is one of the best bench players in the league, and Davis is one of the best backup C's in the league as well. Utah is great at finding diamonds in the rough, don't be surprised to see Howard make an impact for us next season. 

The Lakers bench is booty cheeks. 

Edited by NYRaider