2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder who else would potentially be interested in Adams. I read the Knicks could be a landing spot for both guys together but it doesn't really make sense considering they just brought in 4 rotational big men in free agency and already have Mitchell Robinson there. 

How many teams want a traditional center?  And more importantly, who wants to pay that traditional center $25M+ for the next few years?  The market isn't going to be robust IMO.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Leaving the money thing is made out to be more of a thing than it really is. How many superstars do that every year? Besides, he's only going to sign a deal that allows him to opt out after his 10th year to get the bigger max anyways like Kawhi did with his Clippers deal. 

Right now, that's the cap space projections for next year for teams with $14M+ I believe.  Outside of New York, that's a laundry list of teams I have no fear that would poach Anthony Davis.  Obviously, there is still plenty of time for things to change, but you're talking about small and middle markets having notable cap space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, that's the cap space projections for next year for teams with $14M+ I believe.  Outside of New York, that's a laundry list of teams I have no fear that would poach Anthony Davis.  Obviously, there is still plenty of time for things to change, but you're talking about small and middle markets having notable cap space.

And what space did the Heat have to get Butler?

You can make moves despite lack of cap space with S&T. 

I think it is a LONG shot that AD leaves the Lakers. I believe that team is going to be a force and he's going to enjoy playing alongside LeBron. However, it is foolish to think he won't leave just because he requested a trade to the Lakers. Again, people change their minds all the time and if he doesn't feel comfortable there or doesn't want to play there anymore, then he simply won't. 

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How many teams want a traditional center?  And more importantly, who wants to pay that traditional center $25M+ for the next few years?  The market isn't going to be robust IMO.

Yeah I feel like OKC can hold onto Adams as a culture guy and he's not gonna be the type to request a trade or anything 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think it is a LONG shot that AD leaves the Lakers. I believe that team is going to be a force and he's going to enjoy playing alongside LeBron. However, it is foolish to think he won't leave just because he requested a trade to the Lakers. Again, people change their minds all the time and if he doesn't feel comfortable there or doesn't want to play there anymore, then he simply won't. 

Kawhi just won a ring in Toronto and left a ton of money on the table to sign with the Clippers. 

Just now, champ11 said:

Yeah I feel like OKC can hold onto Adams as a culture guy and he's not gonna be the type to request a trade or anything 

They want to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Adams is only 26 and still has some value. 

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Who will be the other big FAs next year?

The top potential unrestricted free agents are Andre Drummond, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry, and DeMar DeRozan. It's one of the weakest free agent classes in a while. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And what space did the Heat have to get Butler?

You can make moves despite lack of cap space with S&T. 

The threat of a player creates the market for S&T.  IF Philadelphia didn't think that Jimmy Butler could/would sign with someone like the Clippers or Lakers, the Heat wouldn't have had leverage to make a S&T for him.  Who would Anthony Davis be using as leverage for S&T?  Outside of the Knicks, there really isn't anyone who creates that leverage.  This wasn't a standard offseason.  We've seen more S&T this offseason than we have the last few offseasons combined.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi just won a ring in Toronto and left a ton of money on the table to sign with the Clippers. 

Yeah, but almost everyone thought the day he got traded it would be just a one year rental...Ended up being one of the greatest one year rentals of all time.

But the main point was just don't assume FOR SURE a player is staying or not. A lot can change in a year's time. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi Leonard wanted to be in Los Angeles.  Anthony Davis wants to be in Los Angeles.  Kawhi Leonard never wanted to be dealt to Toronto.

Kawhi Leonard wanted to be in Los Angeles.  Anthony Davis wants to be in Los Angeles.  Kawhi Leonard never wanted to be dealt to Toronto.

Kawhi also had major ties to the city of Los Angeles. Davis doesn't, it's obviously a long shot that he leaves but you really never know. 

The threat of a player creates the market for S&T.  IF Philadelphia didn't think that Jimmy Butler could/would sign with someone like the Clippers or Lakers, the Heat wouldn't have had leverage to make a S&T for him.  Who would Anthony Davis be using as leverage for S&T?  Outside of the Knicks, there really isn't anyone who creates that leverage.  This wasn't a standard offseason.  We've seen more S&T this offseason than we have the last few offseasons combined.

Well, just off YOUR reasoning, he can use the Knicks as leverage to getting a S&T with another team.

Stop trying to overthink this. Whatever options you think are available right now doesn't necessarily mean they will be the only options available the following season. 

Again, AD is likely to re-sign. Almost everyone believes that. But just don't use the reasoning of him requesting a trade to the Lakers as something that guarantees him re-signing after the season. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi also had major ties to the city of Los Angeles. Davis doesn't, it's obviously a long shot that he leaves but you really never know. 

Cant classify "major" but AD lives in LA during the off season.