2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Dante Exum is a good player, he's one of the best defensive guards in the league when he's healthy and super versatile. Green is a solid bench player, Mudiay is coming off of a career year, Davis is one of the best backup bigs in the league, and Ingles will be one of the best 6th men in the league. 

When healthy.  That's a key issue.  He's averaged 41 games over the last 3 seasons.  He's averaged 31 games over the last four seasons.  You can't count on him.  Jeff Green is a solid, albeit unspectacular bench player.  Emmanuel Mudiay, a former #4 overall pick, could only fetch a minimum salary deal coming off a career year.  That should tell you what the rest of the league thinks about him.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

When healthy.  That's a key issue.  He's averaged 41 games over the last 3 seasons.  He's averaged 31 games over the last four seasons.  You can't count on him.  Jeff Green is a solid, albeit unspectacular bench player.  Emmanuel Mudiay, a former #4 overall pick, could only fetch a minimum salary deal coming off a career year.  That should tell you what the rest of the league thinks about him.

Anthony Davis is great when healthy, he has missed roughly 20 games per year on average. LeBron James missed 27 games last season and is going to be 35 this year, so his health is a major concern as well. Obviously, we're going to assume health when projecting the season because it's impossible to predict injuries. Mudiay averaged 15 ppg on 45% FG as the Knicks starting PG last season, now he comes into a role where he doesn't really have to do much. Plus Quinn Snyder and our staff are one of the best in the business with player development which is the reason that he signed in Utah to begin with.

When the playoffs start and rotations shrink, I feel very confident knowing that Exum, Ingles, and Davis are the first 3 off the bench for us. 

NWG played really well last season and is fine as a third-string PG. The Jazz had multiple teams try to trade for his rights this offseason so that's why they brought him over. Howard is an elite shooter and a good defensive player, he's our third-string SF. The guys that will be in the rotation for us off the bench are all solid players though. Exum is an elite defender and versatile offensive player, Ingles is one of the best bench players in the league, and Davis is one of the best backup C's in the league as well. 

The Lakers bench is booty cheeks. 

What exactly separates NWG from Alex Caruso?  Not a whole hell of a lot.  They're both guys who were solid players, albeit unspectacular in college.  Both are projected to be the 3rd PG off the bench, and neither one of them is clearly better than.  You're literally trying to compare 3rd string players pretending like they're going to play significant minutes.  There's a reason why I'm not pimping the likes of Alex Caruso, Talen Horton-Tucker, and Aric Holman.  They're roster fodder.  Nothing more, nothing less.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CP3's team already went to Presti to express that he wants to be traded and prefers Miami. The current hold up is the other assets that Miami is requesting to take on his contract. The Knicks have also expressed interest in a potential deal. There's like a 5% chance he's still there past December 15. They've also put Adams on the trade block to gauge potential interest and a report came out yesterday they'd like to move both at the same time. I'm assuming so that they can get some draft assets back for Adams and then pair one of those assets with Paul to send down to Miami. 

Where was that report? Haven't seen much reported on OKC  

Just now, CWood21 said:

What exactly separates NWG from Alex Caruso?  Not a whole hell of a lot.  They're both guys who were solid players, albeit unspectacular in college.  Both are projected to be the 3rd PG off the bench, and neither one of them is clearly better than.  You're literally trying to compare 3rd string players pretending like they're going to play significant minutes.  There's a reason why I'm not pimping the likes of Alex Caruso, Talen Horton-Tucker, and Aric Holman.  They're roster fodder.  Nothing more, nothing less.

We solidified our bench with guys that have shown they can be good pro players in Europe. NWG and Howard are both fringe rotation players for us but they both provide veteran experience playing professionally for years while still being young and having room to improve. Also, don't sleep on Howard, our front office has found a ton of gems over the years including Ingles, O'Neale, Wes Matthews, etc. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Where was that report? Haven't seen much reported on OKC  

I saw it on Twitter, I'll try to find it. You're asking about the Adams + CP3 package deal or CP3's camp meeting with Presti? I'm pretty sure I saw the latter on ESPN via Brian Windhorst shortly after the trade went down.

Anthony Davis is great when healthy, he has missed roughly 20 games per year on average. LeBron James missed 27 games last season and is going to be 35 this year, so his health is a major concern as well. Obviously, we're going to assume health when projecting the season because it's impossible to predict injuries. Mudiay averaged 15 ppg on 45% FG as the Knicks starting PG last season, now he comes into a role where he doesn't really have to do much. Plus Quinn Snyder and our staff are one of the best in the business with player development which is the reason that he signed in Utah to begin with.

When the playoffs start and rotations shrink, I feel very confident knowing that Exum, Ingles, and Davis are the first 3 off the bench for us. 

The irony that you'll project things a certain way to help your argument, but you won't use it across the board.  Kawhi Leonard has played in 69 games the last 2 seasons between load management and injury, yet you don't even mention the health concerns regarding him.  Not to mention, your math sucks with regards to Anthony Davis.  He's missed on average 15 games over the course of his career.  And that includes last season in which the trade fiasco severely alters the number of games he played.  He's probably closer to 12-13 games missed per season.  You're probably getting 70 games out of him per year.  You're also using a freak injury to justify LeBron's body breaking down, when his history suggests that he's a pillar of health.  They also rested him down the stretch, and extremely conservatively brining him back from his strain.  Again, you get 70 games out of him and I'm stoked.  Meanwhile, Paul George had surgery on both shoulders, and likely misses the start of the season.  But no mention of that.  Shocker.  The difference is I'm not projecting injuries onto one set of players, and not the others.  You clearly are.

Emmanuel Mudiay coming off a career year in which NO team was willing to spend more than the minimum on him.  Let that sink in.  I believe it was something like $3B spent on FAs this year, and all Mudiay could collect was a minimum contract (which is less than $1M IIRC).  He sucks.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I saw it on Twitter, I'll try to find it. You're asking about the Adams + CP3 package deal or CP3's camp meeting with Presti? I'm pretty sure I saw the latter on ESPN via Brian Windhorst shortly after the trade went down.

got it. yeah i haven't seen anything solid reported yet but like i said it just depends on if they can get deals worked out. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We solidified our bench with guys that have shown they can be good pro players in Europe. NWG and Howard are both fringe rotation players for us but they both provide veteran experience playing professionally for years while still being young and having room to improve. Also, don't sleep on Howard, our front office has found a ton of gems over the years including Ingles, O'Neale, Wes Matthews, etc. 

You filled out your bench with guys who were college stars who didn't have the talent to stick in the NBA right away.  That's literally no different than 99% of the NBA right now.  There's very few teams who have big names as their 3rd PG or SF.  You're literally here trumping up your fringe players as something special.  Give it a rest.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Emmanuel Mudiay coming off a career year in which NO team was willing to spend more than the minimum on him.  Let that sink in.  I believe it was something like $3B spent on FAs this year, and all Mudiay could collect was a minimum contract (which is less than $1M IIRC).  He sucks.

That's cool I'll take a 15 ppg guy on good efficiency as the 5th player off the bench any day of the week. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You filled out your bench with guys who were college stars who didn't have the talent to stick in the NBA right away.  That's literally no different than 99% of the NBA right now.  There's very few teams who have big names as their 3rd PG or SF.  You're literally here trumping up your fringe players as something special.  Give it a rest.

Howard never played in college he has been a pro in France for the last 7 seasons. NWG played really well in Europe last season and is a solid option to have at the end of the bench as depth. Howard's numbers in France are very similar to Sefolosha and Batum's numbers in the same league before they came over to the NBA. I'm not expecting him to be a star but again, our front office is one of the best in the league at finding diamonds in the rough and our talent development program is also one of the best in the league. If you watch Howard play he's huge, makes plays defensively, and is a sniper from deep. We needed a 3rd string SF to replace Sefolosha and he'll do that for us on a cheap deal. 

The top of our bench with Ingles, Exum, Davis, and Green is one of the best in the league. But keep picking at me saying that end of bench guys are good depth to have behind them, lmao. 

Edited by NYRaider

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're also using a freak injury to justify LeBron's body breaking down, when his history suggests that he's a pillar of health.  

He's also going to be 35 next year with 19 seasons worth of NBA basketball on his body and showed signs of slowing down last season... 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's cool I'll take a 15 ppg guy on good efficiency as the 5th player off the bench any day of the week. 

IF Mudiay can replicate the numbers he posted as a starter for the Knicks as a backup for Mike Conley, I'll eat my shoe.  As a starter last year, he averaged 16.6 PPG on 29 MPG.  Last year, Mike Conley averaged 33.5 MPG but let's round that to 32 MPG.  That leaves 16 MPG at the backup PG position.  Assuming he scores at the same clip he did with the Knicks, that's coming out to 8.6 PPG which is a FAR cry from the 15 PPG you are expecting.  Unless Mudiay comes significantly more efficient (i.e. shooting 50%+ from the field) or is getting more minutes, he's not sniffing 15 PPG.  But thanks for playing.