2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He plays pretty solid defense. And can pass a little. Terrible at everything to do with scoring tho.

Sounds like the perfect fit for a team that has little interest in winning this year and just wants to throw crap at a wall to see what sticks. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He didn’t really fall off a cliff. He played very well in San Antonio. He just is what he is at this point with no improvement in sight. Pops system just got him a few more assists than usual. 

I was referring to Andrew Wiggins?

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He showed he could be a 15 ppg scorer last season? When he averaged 15 ppg for the Knicks? I never said he would be a 15 ppg scorer for us. When your 10th man was a starter averaging 15 ppg the previous season, it's safe to say you're a pretty deep team. 

You give Brian Scalabrine those opportunities that he had, and he could probably put up 15 PPG.  It's literally an insane train of logic.

We drafted Donovan Mitchell #13 in 2017 and Rudy Gobert #27 in 2013. But okay. The Lakers sold the soul of a storied franchise to Rich Paul and LeBron James to fall short of a championship again for the next two years and go back into mediocrity once LeBron rides off to the set of Space Jam 2. 

You're right.  I went off Basketball Reference, which doesn't show the picks after the trade.  It's amusing you talk about how the Lakers sold their soul Rich Paul, yet the Jazz have as many NBA championships doing the worst period in Lakers history.  That's what I find amusing.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You give Brian Scalabrine those opportunities that he had, and he could probably put up 15 PPG.  It's literally an insane train of logic.

It's an insane train of logic? He literally averaged 15 ppg last season. He has shown that he can score and he improved a lot between 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. Again, he's the 5th player off of the bench for us this year. I feel confident in our depth knowing that our 3rd string PG was starting for the Knicks averaging 15 ppg last season. 

You're right.  I went off Basketball Reference, which doesn't show the picks after the trade.  It's amusing you talk about how the Lakers sold their soul Rich Paul, yet the Jazz have as many NBA championships doing the worst period in Lakers history.  That's what I find amusing.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Lakers fans have to refer to something that happened a decade ago to be relevant. 

We'll have to wait and see what we have with Howard. Again, our front office has a proven track record of finding talented guys where no one else was looking. Hell, Joe Ingles couldn't even make the Clippers roster and was set to go back to Australia when we picked him up. Howard is 6'8" with an elite skill as a knockdown shooter. THT is a 6'3'" fat PF that can't score and can't shoot so he fits well with the rest of the crap you've surrounded LeBron and AD with. It's going to be so glorious to see you guys flop again this season. 

You're literally sitting here pimping out your 3rd string SF.  Let that sink.  I'm not talking about how THT is the next Draymond Green.  He's done nothing to justify that.  Just like Howard hasn't done anything to justify the ridiculous amount of hype.

And you must have missed the supporting cast the Lakers have put around LeBron James and Anthony Davis this year.  The Lakers added Danny Green (career 40.4% 3P%), Avery Bradley (career 36.4% 3P%), Quinn Cook (career 41.8% 3P%), and Jared Dudley (career 39.2% 3P%).  That's loads more shooting than last year.

22 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He didn't demand a trade to the Lakers

I mean, he did indirectly.  The four teams he reportedly was willing to sign long term was the Clippers, Knicks, Bucks, and Lakers.  The Clippers weren't going to give up the assets needed unless they managed to land a 2nd star to pair with Anthony Davis.  The Bucks didn't have the assets to interest the Pelicans.  And the Knicks weren't willing to deal their FRP in case it was the #1 overall pick.  Needless to say, he essentially asked to be traded to the Lakers.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He also thought there was no way Kawhi’s stance could’ve changed over the course of a year, there was only a 5% chance he’d be a Clipper, and that Kawhi was mentally weak if he didn’t want to play with LeGM.

And we've gone over this a hundred times already...but keep trolling.

You're literally sitting here pimping out your 3rd string SF.  Let that sink.  I'm not talking about how THT is the next Draymond Green.  He's done nothing to justify that.  Just like Howard hasn't done anything to justify the ridiculous amount of hype.

And you must have missed the supporting cast the Lakers have put around LeBron James and Anthony Davis this year.  The Lakers added Danny Green (career 40.4% 3P%), Avery Bradley (career 36.4% 3P%), Quinn Cook (career 41.8% 3P%), and Jared Dudley (career 39.2% 3P%).  That's loads more shooting than last year.

A ridiculous amount of hype? I said he would be our third-string SF and potentially more in the future. We find talent in the rough and we develop our players. Even if he's just so-so we're still one of the deepest teams in the league. 

Danny Green is useless in the playoffs, Bradley has been trash ever since he left Boston, Cook is meh, and Dudley is like 50 years old and also useless in the playoffs (other than getting beat up by Jimmy Butler). 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's an insane train of logic? He literally averaged 15 ppg last season. He has shown that he can score and he improved a lot between 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. Again, he's the 5th player off of the bench for us this year. I feel confident in our depth knowing that our 3rd string PG was starting for the Knicks averaging 15 ppg last season. 

His FG% was a career high by nearly 60 points.  IF you think that's remotely replicable, all the power to you.  Until he proves it's sustainable, I don't buy it in the slightest.  And the fact that you're pimping a guy who gets cut when we're discussing playoff rotations shows you how desperate you are to try and find any reason why the Jazz are better than anyone else.

And we've gone over this a hundred times already...but keep trolling.

And when I showed you evidence that Kawhi was never considering the Lakers you just didn't respond. The Thunder were engaged with the Raptors and the Clippers about a PG13 trade, Kawhi was set on playing with him in either Toronto or LAC. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers fans have to refer to something that happened a decade ago to be relevant. 

I'm just waiting for the Jazz to be relevant ever.  I'll just go back and eating my popcorn now.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our third string PG is better than the Lakers starting PG. We're about to give those boys the work. 

Whatever you say.  When the Jazz wash out in the first round, I'll just sit here and laugh.