2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Neither guy was good enough to carry talented teams to the playoffs so they took an early vacation this year. When your two stars are more worried about the MonStars than actually winning basketball games, you know your franchise is in trouble. 

Because it makes sense to run your star players out for meaningless games when you're out of the playoffs contention?  Sounds like some great logic.  I mean, those moral victories count for so much amirite?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because it makes sense to run your star players out for meaningless games when you're out of the playoffs contention?  Sounds like some great logic.  I mean, those moral victories count for so much amirite?

They weren't in playoff contention because neither player is good enough to lead a team in the West without another superstar top 10 level talent. 

@CWood21 thinks just because the Lakers are incapable of developing their young talent, other young players can't improve. Multiple Lakers players have left the building as role players and flourished into All-Star level players elsewhere. Lonzo and Ingram might be all NBA now after getting out. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Howard is 6'8" with an elite shooting stroke and was productive in one of the best leagues in the world. THT is a 6'3" PF that's a fat, below the rim athlete, that isn't impactful on defense, and inefficient on offense. That's the difference between them. I've always liked Mudiay dating back to when he was supposed to go to SMU. 

That man has been nice. 

Amazing how you're using his 16 game sample size in the Eurocup where he shot 46% as opposed to the 36 game sample size where he shot 35%.  Even if you use his season average, 37% isn't elite by any means.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18470135/fran-fraschilla-rankings-world-top-12-basketball-leagues-nba

From a few years ago, the French League is ranked as the 7th best league in the world after the NBA.  That's not one of the best.  It's really not any different than college basketball.  But keep telling yourself that.  Mudiay was always a garbage prospect.  He's a worse version of Lonzo Ball.  Seriously, go compare their rookie numbers.  Mudiay was a slightly better shooter, but Lonzo was a far better rebounder, passer, and defender.  Nothing has changed in that regard.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But you're pimping Jared Dudley, Avery Bradley, Danny Green, and Quinn Cook. 

I'm pimping them?  That's news to me.  You said the Lakers didn't put any shooters around LeBron James and Anthony Davis.  I merely pointed out that's not the case.  But when it comes to playoff rotations, you're really only likely going to see Danny Green and Avery Bradley getting minutes.  I know what they are.  They're role players.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

Amazing how you're using his 16 game sample size in the Eurocup where he shot 46% as opposed to the 36 game sample size where he shot 35%.  Even if you use his season average, 37% isn't elite by any means.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18470135/fran-fraschilla-rankings-world-top-12-basketball-leagues-nba

From a few years ago, the French League is ranked as the 7th best league in the world after the NBA.  That's not one of the best.  It's really not any different than college basketball.  But keep telling yourself that.  Mudiay was always a garbage prospect.  He's a worse version of Lonzo Ball.  Seriously, go compare their rookie numbers.  Mudiay was a slightly better shooter, but Lonzo was a far better rebounder, passer, and defender.  Nothing has changed in that regard.

If you watch him play you can see that he's a sniper. 40% 3 point shooting forward that plays defense, he honestly might already be better than Danny Green. 

So it's one of the top leagues in the world and definitely higher quality than NCAA basketball. But yet he's coming off of a career year, 15/4/4 on 45/33/77, I'm not saying he's an elite player. He's literally our third string PG yet better than your starting PG. 

I'm pimping them?  That's news to me.  You said the Lakers didn't put any shooters around LeBron James and Anthony Davis.  I merely pointed out that's not the case.  But when it comes to playoff rotations, you're really only likely going to see Danny Green and Avery Bradley getting minutes.  I know what they are.  They're role players.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Bradley has been washed since he left Boston and Green disappears in the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They weren't in playoff contention because neither player is good enough to lead a team in the West without another superstar top 10 level talent. 

When you lose your primary ball handlers for roughly a season and a half worth of games, what do you expect to happen?  You have Donovan Mitchell, Ricky Rubio, and Joe Ingles miss roughly a season and a half worth of games, how many games do you think the Jazz win?

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine being hyped for signing a career 9 ppg scorer on 42% FG, $15M per year. The same one that has averaged 6 ppg on 32% FG in his last 30 playoff games. 

I'm not hyping them up.  I know what he is.  He's a 3&D wing whose probably a bit overpaid.  Doesn't change the fact that he's exactly what the Lakers needed.  I'm okay with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 thinks just because the Lakers are incapable of developing their young talent, other young players can't improve. Multiple Lakers players have left the building as role players and flourished into All-Star level players elsewhere. Lonzo and Ingram might be all NBA now after getting out. 

Now that they're not Lakers, they're suddenly going to be these promising young players.  I mean, Brandon Ingram was one of I think 10 players 21 years or younger to average 18/5/3 on 49%+ shooting last year, but because his RPM wasn't very good he wasn't very good.  Give me a break.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wide open catch and shoot 3's 2018-2019 season:

#4 Danny Green 52%
#5 Quinn Cook 49%
#10 Troy Daniels 48%

That's going to be nice for LeBron.

Where'd you get these stats? I checked NBA.com but according to those numbers wouldn't rank anywhere near the top 10. 

Now that they're not Lakers, they're suddenly going to be these promising young players.  I mean, Brandon Ingram was one of I think 10 players 21 years or younger to average 18/5/3 on 49%+ shooting last year, but because his RPM wasn't very good he wasn't very good.  Give me a break.

D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle were so-so in LA and great once they left.