2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

You see no difference between hyping the LAL versus the........Jazz? 
The "flyover state" Utah Jazz? :)

I see no difference between hyping end of bench players like Quinn Cook, Troy Daniels, and the bald guy. Versus hyping up guys at the end of the Jazz bench. 

A storied franchise that’s 14–4 against Utah the last 4 years. :D

A franchise that added 2 top 10 players yet are still worse than the fly over state Utah Jazz... :P

29 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Interesting @NYRaider

Sounds like maneuvering to me. OKC saying they'd be just fine with CP make sense. They want it to appear they're dealing from strength. It's the equivalent of "My Client's taking his case to court" (when court's the last place in the world he wants to be). 

Not that I pay much attention to what OKC does, but I'd think they'd want out from under that contract sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sounds like maneuvering to me. OKC saying they'd be just fine with CP make sense. They want it to appear they're dealing from strength. It's the equivalent of "My Client's taking his case to court" (when court's the last place in the world he wants to be). 

Not that I pay much attention to what OKC does, but I'd think they'd want out from under that contract sooner rather than later.

of course they want out of the contract. doesn't mean they will be able to move it. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

of course they want out of the contract. doesn't mean they will be able to move it. 

Certainly. Nothing's etched in stone.

The available roster spots on teams with the $$$ space is declining over time and the longer it takes the more they'll have to give up to sweeten the deal...but I think they'll make one cause its in their best interests and CPs not getting any younger.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So basically OKC would rather hold their assets and keep Paul on a treadmill team than give something up to dump him. 

Paul - SGA - ? - Galo - Adams is decent.

No, more like they are waiting for December 15 where there could be potentially more options for CP3. 

They are still planning to move him. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, more like they are waiting for December 15 where there could be potentially more options for CP3. 

They are still planning to move him. 

I agree it's an if not when scenario. I expect he'll be in Miami or New York before 2020.