2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Well it’s a promotion so why not. He and Nick are close. I believe Nick coached him in the British league. Probably told him to take the opportunity. 

Raptors should just hire Rico Hines now. All the links are there. 

What are the links between Hines and the Raptors?

If the Raptors hire him, then we will be missing his daily speeches that he gives out....That are the exact same every single time lol. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What are the links between Hines and the Raptors?

If the Raptors hire him, then we will be missing his daily speeches that he gives out....That are the exact same every single time lol. 

Probably the same links with other him in the summer and other teams it just seems like all the young raptors roll with him plus several coaches. Probably me reaching as I’m sure that’s the same with several organizations now that I think about it. But I keep seeing him pop up with a bunch of raptors guys all the time. It wouldn’t be unthinkable but I think he likes his gig now. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. He's totally leaving lmao. Dude is going to sign that supermax next off-season, guaranteed.

Dude...I really hope he stays, but you have to know this is like the exact same script New Orleans fans were giving a year or two back lol. AD consistently said he wanted to win in New Orleans, he didn't want to leave, blah blah blah. I'd say chances of Giannis staying are 80/20 but you can't just bank on it.

34 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Dude...I really hope he stays, but you have to know this is like the exact same script New Orleans fans were giving a year or two back lol. AD consistently said he wanted to win in New Orleans, he didn't want to leave, blah blah blah. I'd say chances of Giannis staying are 80/20 but you can't just bank on it.

Sure I can. I have no reason to believe he'll leave and neither does anyone else. Dude isn't cut from the same cloth as these dudes that came up through the American AAU system. So, you can't compare him to any superstar that's buddy buddy with another one. He is his own character and nothing about it says he's leaving. He's not passing up $247 Million. It's really that simple.

If you wanna compare him to someone, compare him to Dame. He's that type. 

He may leave when he's 30 after the 5 year supermax but he's not leaving in 2021. He'll re-up next summer after we make another deep run and possibly win a title.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Probably the same links with other him in the summer and other teams it just seems like all the young raptors roll with him plus several coaches. Probably me reaching as I’m sure that’s the same with several organizations now that I think about it. But I keep seeing him pop up with a bunch of raptors guys all the time. It wouldn’t be unthinkable but I think he likes his gig now. 

I mean a lot of ball players go hoop at UCLA where he's runs the games. He also works out with players out there but I didn't know if he had specific ties to Nick Nurse or something. 

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean a lot of ball players go hoop at UCLA where he's runs the games. He also works out with players out there but I didn't know if he had specific ties to Nick Nurse or something. 

Yea you are right and it clicked with me after I said that. Players and assistant coaches but that’s probably like a lot of teams with that deal. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sure I can. I have no reason to believe he'll leave and neither does anyone else. Dude isn't cut from the same cloth as these dudes that came up through the American AAU system. So, you can't compare him to any superstar that's buddy buddy with another one. He is his own character and nothing about it says he's leaving. He's not passing up $247 Million. It's really that simple.

If/when he fails to get a ring for the next 2 years and realizes that Middleton is the best teammate he’ll ever have in Milwaukee his camp will definitely consider leaving. 

Edited by NYRaider

26 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I can't believe the Cavs couldn't trade JR. Could've saved a team like 13 million in cap space. That seems worth at least two seconds.

But it wouldn’t be worth it to the cavs. They had offers for him but nothing good enough to justify the cavs staying in the tax. 

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If you wanna compare him to someone, compare him to Dame. He's that type. 

He may leave when he's 30 after the 5 year supermax but he's not leaving in 2021. He'll re-up next summer after we make another deep run and possibly win a title.

Wait, dame didnt play AAU?