2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder what it would take to get Jerome Robinson from the Clippers.

How about Iguodala for Robinson and Harkless?

I really don't see the need for the Clippers to rush things right now.

That said, we've yet to officially announce the signings of Bev and Green, so it's entirely possible there's still something bubbling below the surface (not necessarily for Iggy, but not necessarily not either).

Also, this is something I find entertaining:

40 pounds sounds like a overstatement.  He was listed at 180 with us, even if you bump that up to 190, that puts him at 150 lbs now... at 6'2".  If he's legitimately shed 40 pounds, they weren't "extra," he lost some muscle in there.  I know what it's like to be 6'1" and 160 lbs, that was my playing weight in college (soccer) and I was skinny AF (and that was with me looking like I definitely didn't skip leg day, largely just because of genetics - all the men in my family have naturally larger quads and calves).

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I really don't see the need for the Clippers to rush things right now.

That said, we've yet to officially announce the signings of Bev and Green, so it's entirely possible there's still something bubbling below the surface (not necessarily for Iggy, but not necessarily not either).

True, but this year they are the favorites. Getting someone to help make that happen would be good.

However, I do see your point. They gave up a lot of their future and he is 1 piece they did hold onto.

Double however, I just don't think he has any shot at rotation minutes this season or next. He's behind a whole lot of people and is essentially irrelevant to their current title window. Using him to get a piece like Iguodala would be very good for them.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Also, this is something I find entertaining:

40 pounds sounds like a overstatement.  He was listed at 180 with us, even if you bump that up to 190, that puts him at 150 lbs now... at 6'2".  If he's legitimately shed 40 pounds, they weren't "extra," he lost some muscle in there.  I know what it's like to be 6'1" and 160 lbs, that was my playing weight in college (soccer) and I was skinny AF (and that was with me looking like I definitely didn't skip leg day, largely just because of genetics - all the men in my family have naturally larger quads and calves).

I'm literally 6'2" 150. I'm glad I can finally say I have an NBA body now. 

• Like 1

I legit was 6'0 130 at the start of June, because the office had a Keto fad going, didn't realize just how much weight I would wind up losing eating the way everyone else does. I've recently started lifting again and I'm starting to put weight on, but for me to gain weight I have to eat 2800 calories a day minimum. Just gotta keep on it, At 137 now.

• Like 1

6'4" 175, age 37. People have been telling me my metabolism will slow down one day for like 20 years. Heaviest I've ever been is 185 when I worked out consistently around age 20. Damn near impossible to find off the rack clothes that don't fit like crap. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

6'4" 175, age 37. People have been telling me my metabolism will slow down one day for like 20 years. Heaviest I've ever been is 185 when I worked out consistently around age 20. Damn near impossible to find off the rack clothes that don't fit like crap. 

Do you watch what you eat? I'm 27 and 5'9 155 and at one point was up to 189 when I was playing football. I gave up football and no longer saw any use in being "big". I dropped a ton of weight but I'm also much more conscious of what I eat. I have rough estimates of my calories every day.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Yea but... winning a chip is more than just collecting talent

Its mostly collecting talent. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Long term plays usually pan out better and you can be competitive longer typically

Your evidence?

Also the Warriors had two superstars. One they didn't draft. And they only eon one title w/o KD against a team w/o two All stars.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Do you watch what you eat? I'm 27 and 5'9 155 and at one point was up to 189 when I was playing football. I gave up football and no longer saw any use in being "big". I dropped a ton of weight but I'm also much more conscious of what I eat. I have rough estimates of my calories every day.

Not really. I try to avoid drinking sugar drinks, but that's about it.