2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Underrated yes. Top 20, as of this moment, not at all.

He's a top... 40ish player right now, with a ceiling of a top 5 player. My guess is he ends up being a top 20 player in a couple seasons.

20 may be a bit high. but he's comfortably top 30 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Underrated yes. Top 20, as of this moment, not at all.

He's a top... 40ish player right now, with a ceiling of a top 5 player. My guess is he ends up being a top 20 player in a couple seasons.

There’s nothing that Ben Simmons has shown that suggests his upside is a top 5 player. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think how well he plays w/ Embiid considering they are realistically pretty poor fits together is impressive. I'd love to see him actually built around. But yeah he's an extremely unique player. 

@J-ALL-DAY yeah i have no idea what Simmons ceiling is. but people don't know how to evaluate elite playmaking/defensive ability. his scoring is even efficient. it's just the jump shot that is obviously an issue and why people have no idea how to rate him. it's like the dudes that think Draymond would suck if he was anywhere besides GS. 

And really he also doesn't always have the greatest of spacing when Embiid is on the block. There is a legitimate question of if those two can work out in the long term. Simmons wants to push the ball and play with space, and that doesn't always suit Embiid and vice versa. Obviously Embiid is a bigger force and the better player. 

But he needs to start at least attempting shots. Enough is enough, that hurts the offense so much when he isn't even taking the wide open shot. If he doesn't do that, then unfortunately for him there is a limit on his ceiling. 

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I didn't think through this whole "don't teach summer school" thing, because it has left me at home taking care of 3 kids under the age of 6.  My mind no longer knows Archer.  It recognizes only Daniel Tiger, Paw Patrol, and Cars 3 for the umpteenth time.

I have grown to deeply, deeply hate Paw Patrol.

And yet my god damn house is covered in it.

Why do we do this to ourselves.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I have grown to deeply, deeply hate Paw Patrol.

And yet my god damn house is covered in it.

Why do we do this to ourselves.

Personally, I blame our wives for thinking that wholesome cartoons benefit children.  My daughter's already showing a fondness for martial arts, I need something that's going to spike the competition gene in her so that once I put her in BJJ, I can be confident she's going to be able to mess up any boy that messed with her come puberty.  Marshal, Rocky, and Chase are failing at this miserably.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You must have missed this:

So I went onto analyze in the posts below why I thought it would make more sense financially for Morris and his family, (or myself if I am putting myself in his position right now).

As well as the posts you responded to halfway into this.

Empathy is about understanding why someone feels a certain way or why they're doing something. It's not just stating what you would do in his situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

Simmons is underrated. Criticism about his shooting is fair but people swing it too far as usual. He’s a top 20ish player and still improving. 

Bro, don't acknowledge it. You've got two of the least credible basketball posters on the site and you're just feeding em. One is a C's fanboy and the other is Bo. Just let them chase their own tails for a few hours and they'll tire out and give up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s just way harder for him to score come playoff time, especially when teams focus on shutting him down. Whatever coach along the way told him to shoot lefty because it’s harder to defend severely effected his career in a negative way tbh.

This. Somebody did the kid a major disservice. His defense is what brings him into the top 20-25. If he was an average defender he'd be top 50ish.

Without the shot, he has to fill a Draymond role, but with the obvious lack of even below-average shooting.

• Like 1