2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

20 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I’m still lucky enough to avoid screen time with my son for now. He is almost 1 but I know the day is coming where I’ll be watching these mindless shows consistently. Baby shark has already killed my musical tastes.

DO DO DO DO DO DO

38 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Personally, I blame our wives for thinking that wholesome cartoons benefit children.  My daughter's already showing a fondness for martial arts, I need something that's going to spike the competition gene in her so that once I put her in BJJ, I can be confident she's going to be able to mess up any boy that messed with her come puberty.  Marshal, Rocky, and Chase are failing at this miserably.

Definitely have to find outlets that don't teach concise, repeated messaging about how all problems can be solved if you just have a bunch of money and technology tbqh. I have no frame of reference for kids shows nowadays that would drive that though, maybe Voltron lol.

11 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

They were basically bidding against themselves right?

yeah, but you still have to play nice. 

Solid since it is only two years. Won't really affect our cap much, especially if he makes more this year than next. So no biggie. 

and there it is. nice

Edited by 11sanchez11

Real late to the party and don't really wanna keep it going but, and keep in mind I'm not even a big fan of the kid, if you switched Devin Booker and Donovan Mitchell's situations, absolutely nothing changes on either end. The Jazz win 50 games and the Suns suck absolute dog doo doo. It's literally the prime example of how situations breed success and perception. Mitchell got lucky, Booker didn't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Utley said:

Bro, don't acknowledge it. You've got two of the least credible basketball posters on the site and you're just feeding em. One is a C's fanboy and the other is Bo. Just let them chase their own tails for a few hours and they'll tire out and give up.

Interesting terminology. "C's Fanboy"? I'd like to hear the definition of that since you seem to think you know everything. I'm one of the least fanatical basketball posters on this site. I'm sure it's easy for you to lump me into a stereotype and roll with it, but personal attacks on someone else's character only make the person casting stones seem "least credible". Give it a break @Utley.

6 hours ago, Utley said:

Empathy is about understanding why someone feels a certain way or why they're doing something. It's not just stating what you would do in his situation.

Except I didn't just state what I would do. Nice try though.

Intrigue........

NY Post:  According to a source, Rich Paul tried to get New Orleans to trade Davis to the Knicks last month as hard as he tried to get him dealt to the Lakers. Paul, according to the source, values the New York market and that’s why Davis could be in play in 2020 as a free agent if things don’t work out in Los Angeles. The Pelicans didn’t think they could do a one-on-one trade with the Knicks and urged them to find a third team before the Knicks eventually lost interest and never even made New Orleans an offer.

Edited by Leader

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Real late to the party and don't really wanna keep it going but, and keep in mind I'm not even a big fan of the kid, if you switched Devin Booker and Donovan Mitchell's situations, absolutely nothing changes on either end. The Jazz win 50 games and the Suns suck absolute dog doo doo. It's literally the prime example of how situations breed success and perception. Mitchell got lucky, Booker didn't.

You can say that about a lot of players though. Utah has great leadership and a great talent development program. It's like saying Giannis got lucky he ended up with the Bucks, a franchise that was patient and does things the right way, over going somewhere like the Lakers or Knicks. 

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

The Knicks are going to be better next yr. than people think but if they got Davis I think they make the playoffs and finish with 45 wins or more. 

They need to develop their young talent so they can appeal to a free agent in the 2021 summer. If they can add someone like Cole Anthony in the draft next year they'd be in a really good spot. The LA times said Giannis is very interested in being a Knick. 

• Like 1