2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

58 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Based on Pelinka's tenure actually pretty likely that they wouldn't tbh 

Based on the BSPN article?  Okay.  We're talking about a former agent here.  Not some schmuck they pulled off National TV.  He was paid really good money to know the ins and outs of the CBA.  The notion that he doesn't know about the timing is an awful take to make.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They both do.  Neither side benefits from this trade falling apart.  It's a verbal agreement, which means they're trusting that the other side doesn't renege on the deal.  New Orleans isn't getting a package like they got from the Lakers from anyone else, and the Lakers need Anthony Davis.  This notion that one side or the other doesn't need this deal is a joke.

You didn't answer the most important question tho

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You didn't answer the most important question tho

Are you referring to the 2nd question?  If so, I think the Pelicans want to move back and pick up another future FRP.  I believe there's already been some rumblings about the Bulls and Suns having interest in moving up to 4 to presumably select Garland.  Let me ask you this, is a player missing out playing in Summer League really going to hold up the deal?

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's not about doing any favors.  If you think Pelinka and Griffin didn't discuss this, you're even more naive than I thought.  And there's really not much more the Lakers can add other than some SRPs.  But keep pedaling the BS that BSPN put out there.

I mean the date is out there. Why would the Pelicans push back the date? It hurts them and helps the Lakers.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean the date is out there. Why would the Pelicans push back the date? It hurts them and helps the Lakers.

You really didn't read Woj's tweet very well did you.  He said the "expectation" was that it would be completed on July 6th.  Not that it would.  That implies there is some room for variation there.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You really didn't read Woj's tweet very well did you.  He said the "expectation" was that it would be completed on July 6th.  Not that it would.  That implies there is some room for variation there.

Yeah. Pelicans expectation is that it will be done on July 6th.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And Lakers expectation is that it'll be done on July 30th.

According to who? You? Like you said, they must've talked. I don't think David Griffin misheard him on the phone. What reason do the Pelicans have to wait? They lose cap space, they don't get to have their rookie in summer league. Lakers will cave. They're FAR more desperate for this deal to get done than the Pelicans are.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

According to who? You? Like you said, they must've talked. I don't think David Griffin misheard him on the phone. What reason do the Pelicans have to wait? They lose cap space, they don't get to have their rookie in summer league. Lakers will cave. They're FAR more desperate for this deal to get done than the Pelicans are.

The same could be said for you.  There's more to this dicussion that we're not privy to.  You keep insinuating that the Lakers have to give up more because YOU believe they agreed to complete the deal on the 6th.  The Pelicans really aren't FA players, so the notion that they need the cap space isn't accurate.  Both teams need this deal to be completed.  The notion that either side stands to gain from this deal falling apart is a joke.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The same could be said for you.  There's more to this dicussion that we're not privy to.  You keep insinuating that the Lakers have to give up more because YOU believe they agreed to complete the deal on the 6th.  The Pelicans really aren't FA players, so the notion that they need the cap space isn't accurate.  Both teams need this deal to be completed.  The notion that either side stands to gain from this deal falling apart is a joke.

Of course the Pelicans want it to get done, the Lakers want it to get done far more. Lakers literally cant afford to have this deal fall apart. Have fun getting those young guys back after you tossed them to the curb. Would be fun to watch, I'll say that.

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based on the BSPN article?  Okay.  We're talking about a former agent here.  Not some schmuck they pulled off National TV.  He was paid really good money to know the ins and outs of the CBA.  The notion that he doesn't know about the timing is an awful take to make.

lol. Based off his completely incompetent stint as the GM of Knicks West. We'll see! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Of course the Pelicans want it to get done, the Lakers want it to get done far more. Lakers literally cant afford to have this deal fall apart. Have fun getting those young guys back after you tossed them to the curb. Would be fun to watch, I'll say that.

Neither side can afford to let this one fall apart.  Where do the Pelicans go if their deal falls apart?  They go crawling back to a Tatum-less C's offer?  Do they go to a RJ-based offer from the Knicks?  There's no reason for either side to let this deal die.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this, is a player missing out playing in Summer League really going to hold up the deal?

No. It will go thru. Just on the 6th. The team w/ the 4th pick has no incentive to wait. 

But my point was that if they already had a deal in place to wait why would NO trade the pick and take that out of their control? The 4th pick is the only reason to wait or not. So if neither team has control of it how can they already made a deal?

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk how much cap the Pellies have but if they have 25ish they should go after Horford. Pretty perfect fit and would probably make them a playoff team.

Horford, Dedmon, Cauley-Stein, Brook Lopez would be my shortlist of FA center options. I think Dedmon as a stop-gap makes alot of sense, but I'm sure there are a few teams who feel the same way

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Neither side can afford to let this one fall apart.  Where do the Pelicans go if their deal falls apart?  They go crawling back to a Tatum-less C's offer?  Do they go to a RJ-based offer from the Knicks?  There's no reason for either side to let this deal die.

It won't fall apart, because the Lakers NEED it to happen.