2019 NBA Mock Draft Thread

resilient part 2

On 5/19/2019 at 7:55 PM, CWood21 said:

The draft is usually the one thing the Lakers do right.  The decision to take D'Angelo Russell over Jahlil Okafor was received mix feelings, but it turned out to quickly be the right decision despite whatever happened in a Lakers' uniform.  And they've been pretty good with their late FRPs.

Meh, since 2014 the Lakers have had 8 first round picks and selected: 

2018: Mo Wagner (25th)

2017: Lonzo Ball (2nd), Kyle Kuzma (27th), Josh Hart (30th) 

2016: Brandon Ingram (2nd)

2015: D'Angelo Russell (2nd), Larry Nance Jr (27th)

2014: Julius Randle (7th)

That's okay but I wouldn't call it "good" by any means. The two best players you drafted, the only two that look like future All-Stars are gone. Ball is Ricky Rubio with DeAndre Jordan's shooting ability, Ingram is a homeless man's Giannis, and Kuzma is a volume scorer that offers nothing else. Bron Bron should've shipped most of those young guys out when they were still somewhat unknown and more valuable as prospects. 

32 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lonzo Ball is not very good. Are we actually having this discussion? He’s legit Ricky Rubio but a far worse shooter. 

Agreed. These conversations about him across the threads are really confusing. He's a good defender and a good passer...but so many red flags. He's one of the worst shooters of all-time. There's no excusing that and I don't know why any team would trade a top 10 pick for him. If someone offered the Lakers that a d they turned it down then they are incredibly stupid.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lonzo Ball is not very good. Are we actually having this discussion? He’s legit Ricky Rubio but a far worse shooter. 

The more I think about it I’d probably take Smart over Lonzo.  Can we do business?

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh, since 2014 the Lakers have had 8 first round picks and selected: 

2018: Mo Wagner (25th)

2017: Lonzo Ball (2nd), Kyle Kuzma (27th), Josh Hart (30th) 

2016: Brandon Ingram (2nd)

2015: D'Angelo Russell (2nd), Larry Nance Jr (27th)

2014: Julius Randle (7th)

That's okay but I wouldn't call it "good" by any means. The two best players you drafted, the only two that look like future All-Stars are gone. Ball is Ricky Rubio with DeAndre Jordan's shooting ability, Ingram is a homeless man's Giannis, and Kuzma is a volume scorer that offers nothing else. Bron Bron should've shipped most of those young guys out when they were still somewhat unknown and more valuable as prospects. 

With the exception of Mo Wagner, they're all either starters or rotational players.  I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.  They've been successful.  They've definitely drafted well above-average.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Do some BASIC stat research before you make claims.  Rubio shot .404/.311/.858 this year.  Ball shot .406/.329/.417 this year.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do some BASIC stat research before you make claims.  Rubio shot .404/.311/.858 this year.  Ball shot .406/.329/.417 this year.

Ball can't even hit a damn FT. Excuse me. He's EXACTLY as bad as Rubio shooting the 3, and TWICE as bad from the FT line.

Lonzo Ball sucks. He has no value. I can sign Patrick Beverley and get better production.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ball can't even hit a damn FT. Excuse me. He's EXACTLY as bad as Rubio shooting the 3, and TWICE as bad from the FT line.

Lonzo Ball sucks. He has no value. I can sign Patrick Beverley and get better production.

And I'm out.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's the perfect analogy.

Except not. Draymond can defend 1-5. Lonzo is a very good defender but it’s not hard to find a guard who can defend and pass, the fact that Lonzo can’t shoot even a little bit cripples him as a player. He’s Ricky Rubio. No one is lining up to trade for Ricky Rubio.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

With the exception of Mo Wagner, they're all either starters or rotational players.  I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.  They've been successful.  They've definitely drafted well above-average.

The Lakers have been the worst team in the league with that young core and none of them have shown to be good to great players. You had a top 2 picks 3 years in a row and didn't land anyone that will help the franchise long term. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lonzo is basically the PG version of Draymond. 

Needs the right fit to accentuate the positives. 

Green's heart, competitive spirit, and ability to consistently make winning plays are what define him. Ball is a poor man's Ricky Rubio, passes for no reason, shoots worse than DeAndre Jordan, and is allergic to making winning plays.